Unable to join co-op servers

I’m a long-time player on PS4 (several years), and I just switched to PC to play Co-Op with my girlfriend. We both purchased the complete bundles with Syptah and all the DLC through Steam. We each started a Co-Op game separately and progressed past “The Broken Highway” and then some.

Single Player has been working fine for each of us, but we have never been able to join each other’s game in Co-Op. We tried multiple times over multiple days. We tried inviting through the game friend’s list, inviting through Steam, quitting the game and clicking “Join Game” through Steam friends list, enabling/disabling BattlEye, disabling all DLC and Syptah expansion, we even tried the Dedicated Server (all green lights, confirming ports were open). No luck, single player works but Co-Op has never worked. “Attempting to join game” message displays for a long period, sometimes it says “Failed to connect”, other times it flashes the other player’s character for a split-second and goes right back to the menu screen with no message.

I love this game, so much so that I spend another $180 to buy it again on Steam and all we want is to be able to play Co-Op… Any chance I can get some support to get this up and running?

Thanks Funcom!

Update:

We were not able to get Co-Op to work, but we did figure out the Dedicated Server app and have been able to successfully play together in our own private server several times.

If others are having issues with the Dedicated Server app, feel free to message me and I’ll try to help if I can.

Thanks!

2 Likes