Unannounced Purges?

Game mode: Online official
Type of issue: Bug
Server type: PvE
Region: North America

Yesterday, the purge meter for my main acct passed threshold, so my clanmate and I made certain to get logged in before 6pm (we’re the same timezone as the server). Normally we get purged shortly after 6, so we’re waiting and waiting for the purge to kick off. A couple other clans get theirs, and we keep on waiting.

9:00pm rolls around and we’re going out of our mind with boredom because we’ve been hanging out at our Frost Temple base hoping to make the purge target that outpost for once, and there’s not much to do while staying close to home.

Finally, I decide to check the event log. I set the proximity to max and the history to 1 day. It shows that we’ve had about a dozen purge waves start at various intervals since about 7:30pm, yet none of them have ended, and we’ve gotten NO ANNOUNCEMENTS! Furthermore, there is no red X on the map, and the purge meter is still full. We can see in the log some minor items like signs and radium torches have been destroyed. At this point, I decide to logout/in and I get the purge horn, but again there is no announcement.

Concerned, we start maprooming around the world to see if we can track down what’s going on, when around 9:15pmwe finally get a real purge announcement (with horn & message) that Spiders will attack. Once announced, everything goes as expected: purge meter immediately drains, the red X appears (tunnel by Arena), and countdown clock appears. We handily trounce what’s a very weak purge for us, but end up feeling robbed since we were hoping for something fun and challenging up at Frost Temple, where we’d spent the entire evening.

EDIT: Wish I’d taken a screenshot last night when it showed a dozen some purges starting and none ending, but here you go:

Please provide a step-by-step process of how the bug can be reproduced. The more details you provide us with the easier it will be for us to find and fix the bug:

1. Login and wait for purge at a specific base with a full meter.
  2. Get bored when it never triggers and start checking event log.
  3. Discover anomalous purge activity in the log and freak out.
  4. Leave the base you wanted to get purged at to track it down and then get purged at the spot you were running thru.
1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.