Update 3.0 Developer Livestream: June 21 @ 11:00 EDT

She is always the shiny jewel of the streams. However I would love to congratulate @Mayra too, her coordination and hospitality on the message section was extraordinary.
And a wish to see @Ignasi on the next live stream if possible.

3 Likes

I enjoyed the entire stream, what I liked the most was:
꒰⑅ᵕ༚ᵕ꒱˖ :heart: No Wipes :heart: ˖꒰ᵕ༚ᵕ⑅꒱

I’m sure some players would like to throw their clubs at me now, but I play PvE and I would have really cried, with all the Oldskool stuff I still have like the Torch of the Red Mother with 418h or the Slime Torch with 50min.

┻┻︵¯(ツ)/¯︵┻┻

3 Likes

@AndyB is there plans to have a follow-up Dev stream when 3.0 is about to hit Testlive? I think since the team was not able to show too much in today’s stream that right before it drops on Teslive would be the perfect opportunity to give us a deeper look as well as an in-depth Q&A session with the community to address questions or concerns that arise between now and the testlive drop.

2 Likes

That’s still TBD; if not another stream, we’ll have additional posts with extra details on our website, along with accompanying video content. I do agree it would be nice to have another stream before the test server drop at least, and to go over more questions that pop up. Nothing set in stone as of this writing though.

12 Likes

I appreciate the response, Andy!

4 Likes

The livestream said nothing about Religion for 3.0? How will Sorcery effect Religion and vice/versa? Religions require sacrifices (aka, using the tool to harvest from corpses for essences). Waited for 2/3 of the podcast for some mention of religion!

1 Like

Welcome to the forum @XEnigmaX. This is a really good question, I believe you can either leave it in this post or create a topic for more conversation about it.
Welcome again :+1:t6:

1 Like

As far as I’m aware, Sorcery and Religion are entirely separate things, and don’t directly relate to one another apart from the fact they give you, the player, options to utilize or roleplay with. Like, there will not be religion-exclusive sorceries or anything like that, if that’s what you’re asking.

4 Likes

I was working during the live stream so I couldn’t give it my full attention. Am I correct that Demon Portals (I think that’s what they were called) are basically teleporters? If so, will map rooms/obelisks be replaced?

3 Likes

It seems i forgot to mention this yesterday and ive been away for some time now, but i havent forgotten that one live stream where it was suggested to be loud about things we wanted in game.

In case youve forgotten, more beards please. I can use modern buzz words if you like but ill just ask like a cultured and civilized barbarian.

1 Like

Yeah, the demonic portals are sorcery’s version of fast-travel waypoints you can build. They exist separately from map rooms and obelisks and those aren’t going away. Portals are more accessible, but require planning as each point needs to be built separately in order to form pathways and networks.

9 Likes

Awesome. Thank you :grin:

2 Likes

Dont you think this will be a bit awful and problematic if you want to raid people and they can always port away into several safe bases with all their stuff and tp home inside the base again? Like maybe you should consider making them one-way only or so you cant port overencumbered or something like that.

Inventory has a limit thou. not just weight.

Not like they can take everything. You destroying there base has its costs to. No Differnt them having a Base built around Map Room and Fort near obelisk.

1 Like

Thank you for the awesome stream. I’m looking forward to the update. Every single idea looks awesome!

(except the Battle Pass and the in-game store, I’ve left you my feedback in the other thread)

2 Likes

Or drink a potion and travel on dungeon :wink:. Still my dear @Sera67 this couldn’t happen in Siptah. I believe that @therryy is referring on Siptah and not so much in exile lands that already has lots of workarounds on “escape”. I personally am really happy that I finally have my “teleport stones”, another dream come true today, actually… a lot, but yes teleport on Siptah don’t sound so good for the pvp world.
However, I believe that in this live stream they just scratch a surface of what we are going to see. It is still a project under construction, at least this was very obvious. So first we need to embrace and support this effort, check on test lives and then start more “specific” conversations. Other than that, they always listen the worries of this community and do their best to cover most of the problems. They were very specific that they ain’t going to change anything about the atlantean sword or the twitch drops but they can always do replacements if we want it so badly. This in game store will solve a lot I believe. Now the “small” wishes have future I believe.

2 Likes

Ah, very true.

You can tell I barely touched Siptih. XD

2 Likes

Yeah, demonic portals are structures like any other, so they could be destroyed and losses still incurred. Or you could lay in ambush around the portal since you can’t see very well outside the bubble from within the platform. And yes, as @stelagel mentioned, this means Siptah has access to a form of fast travel.

7 Likes

So all @therryy has to do is build in agility :wink:.
Awesome changes, I just can’t wait.

1 Like

I mean i was talking about this with someone else on another thread who raised concerns about people porting away where i also said you have multiple ways on exiled lands to port away but i was expecting that the ports are “limited” and you cant acutally tp backwards into your base because that will change a lot tbh.

Build 4 bases with 4 vaults and ports and you wont care about limited slots in your inventory because its just fast enough to empty your whole base till they even reached a relevant door/gate. Way easier that to use a maproom where you have to walk through unsafe spaces to get to a second base or port to a dugeon and walk to your base.

1 Like