Update 41 - Server browser not populating and "character lost" issues - Feedback thread

For those of you who managed to connect to an official server and had to re-create character, could you send me either here or via DM the name of the server and your player character?

3 Likes

@Ignasis we got the same problem on our private server. some player can connect with direct-connect, but they get the create character windows. our serverdatabase lost more than 50% from original size.

I admin a server for a friend (yes with mods).
No servers showing in server list.
Restarted server to update everything.
Attempted to ‘Direct Connect’
While entering the details i could see in the background the server list was rapidly ‘flickering’ with complete gibberish. Line upon line of weird graphic characters.
When i finally managed to connect and load onto the server, i took a look outside my base (30 seconds) and the game hung completely. had to end task - not been on since (possible mods no longer compatible ?).

I have the same problem

When going to official it populates the whole list then goes to a single line and scrolls through the currently last found server. if i put something in the search it doesn’t change the last found server to the currently shown one it just removes it if the search term is different. its almost as if there is an auto clear function or something happening?

Those of you having to re-create character in a private server, could you send us your most recent game.db so our team can look into it and see what is causing the character issues? If possible, also the server logs that were created when the server started for the first time after the update.
Also, could you let us know if you have any mods installed and which ones?

4 Likes

Should we send it via PM to you? (because you can see the players IPs in the logs)

3 Likes

Server list empty. Select Official starts going nuts. Question: Why ■■■■■■ Live Services? Don’t I have to log in there too? Do I have username? Anyone asked me to create a user on Funcom? How does that work?

I don’t see any of the official LATAM servers online yet. How long will they be gone?

1 Like

The list of servers does not appear since the last update was made

I’m on Conan Exiles (Revision #229506/25568) and my server list is totally blank. I’m using Win10x64 (Home Edition) and have 16GB Ram.

Hate to clutter the discussion thread but one more question: I have a lot of friends that can’t log, myself included. But I see trough flickering server lists that some Official servers are populated. Wouldn’t be fair to shut down the EU servers since the raid time is soon on, because it creates an unfair advantage? Thanks.

1 Like

I tried connecting via direct connect, but didn’t work – game crashed. Now it works after verifying local files.

I tried this - and had the same results as you. List of servers would flash and cycle, and eventually end up with one stable server in the list for a while. It’s like this browser has a problem retaining the sessions it was able to call up when querying available servers.

How logs looked like before Update

BattlEyeLogging: BattlEyeClient: Registering player #1, with SteamID 765611980858xxxxx and name 'HeadAdmin|Tatsuya' (4865616441646D696E7C5461747xxxxxxx)

How it is like after Update:

BattlEyeLogging: BattlEyeClient: Registering player #1, with BattlEyePlayerGuid 765611980858xxxxx and name 'Tatsuya - Empire Ga#11943' (54617473757961202D20456D7069726520476123313xxxxxxx)

Where did the SteamID go??? I’ve checked all my previous days logs and I’ve never seen any mention of BattlEyePlayerGuid

After Update:

BattlEyeLogging:Error: Player 1 unregistered

Before Update:

BattlEyeServer: Player 1 is now In Play

@Ignasi

1 Like

I’ve tried back up database and players have to recreate character. Then they crash.
My dB was 165Mb in size. After the update it got reduced to 130Mb aswell along with all character data lost

Battlemetrics still show all servers as offline (down), but they are not. Direct connect works, so did you developers do anything to exclude access? It might have just jumped up and bit you behind(?) …

1 Like

Hi Ignasis, I managed to reconnect to an official server but i completely lost my named thrall who was fully equipped and following me. Can you advised please?

Server list for official servers show a full list, then disappears. Then single server appear and disappear every few seconds. I’m on #1589. No idea how to try and direct connect. Come on guys, fix this. Pushing out an update that has not been is pretty weak. Are you guys looking for more QA testers or what…

2 Likes

Upon disconnect, your thralls will stop following you and, after around 15 minutes, teleport to the last place you had told them to stand guard. If you go into the Follower menu (I, click on Followers) you can click the eye next to the thrall name to display on the map their location.