[Updated] Sound stutter and game freeze at Hammon's Cabin

It did not work for me. Unfortunately and very upset.

:rage:

I got past the cabin a day ago, but lowing the graphics to LOW, lol before even going into the storyline the game did the stutter/crash. As said its all random, anyways as i started the storyline with the graphics on LOW mind’ya i skipped it… pissed me off having to miss it. pressing on. . . the game still would lag up when i had to go afk for 5 minutes. restarted not soon after leveling up the duck lol it did it AGAIN!! so after this i gave up playing. I am not about to put my pc through any more of this.

"This issue is a root problem with the trifecta of the processor, engine and windows"

It’s the game engine huh, I want a refund unless this is all fixed, recoded. Sorry i wont give any high 5’s to anyone for a patch for the main issue IS NOT FIXED. :rage::rage:

This worked for me!

The beta has solved the alt-tabbing issue, the inventory freezing, and the hammond’s cabin cutscene for me. Have yet to encounter the sound issue with the beta installed. FX-6350 with Windows 7 Home Premium
EDIT: Actually the alt tabbing only seems to have improved while the game is in a menu. If I alt-tab while in exploration or combat it still takes a good 90 seconds to tab back in- 15s until the window gains focus and 75s until the game begins to respond.
EDIT 2: Alt-tabbing is totally random. sometimes it works correctly, sometimes it does not. exploration/combat mode seems to ahve nothing to do with it after all lol

Did you try the amd_test branch? It wasn’t clear if this report is on the current live version or on the amd_test branch.

The amd_test branch worked for me.
Unfortunately i’ve now had a UE4 crash when climbing some ladder with Selma in exploration mode…

Thx for the branch, worked fine for me.

Beta branch has removed all stuttering for me.

No more freeze ups.

the inventori crash continue for me… where i need to put that beta branch?? or where download? thx for all guys you are doing a good work

I just asked for a refund of the purchase.:raiva:

Where is the beta branch. I’m don’t understand what that is?
Finally found the post that explained the beta branch.
It has downloaded … will let you know if it fixed the problem.
Thanks…

The beta branch fixed the issue at Hammon’s Cabin…
Sound still stutters though…

I’m here because I have the exact same issue.

Win10
AMD 8350
GTX 970

I will try this beta branch… Hopefully it gets sorted out!

EDIT: The beta branch worked for me! Now I’m just stuck getting my butt kicked because the difficulty really ramps up after the cabin lol

Установил Beta и все исправилось!!

This was posted on the steam forum.

“”"""""""""""
For those who have freezing/crashing issues / Possible fix / Nvidia GPU

Hey peeps

I was one of the ones who suddenly had constant lockups, random places, im running i7 6700k, 1070 16gb ram and had the latest nvidia driver, after some searching and troubleshooting i tried rolling the driver back to the previous one 417.01 and voila…game isnt crashing anymore

Hope this helps some of you <3

“”""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""
https://steamcommunity.com/app/760060/discussions/0/1745605598713089680/

Beta working good for me! Thanks!

A branch fix seriously? As you read i got past the cabin in the woods with a small work around. That amd_test branch isnt going to fix the over all issue. Dont get me wrong its nice a small fix was done up for the cabin hurray for that, however the same issue still persist randomly. I will shout hurray when that happens.

the test branch fixed the cabin freeze but now overall performance got cut in half. was getting a steady 60 fps now cant even hit 30

GM’s where is the solution to the problems? I still can not play and can not ask for a refund because of the weather!

Did you fix it yet ?

Seems like AMD 8+++ series is the issue.