[Updated] Sound stutter and game freeze at Hammon's Cabin

DevResponse

I’m having this issue too. I’ve reported it elsewere as well.
The game is not crashing so I don’t think there is any Unreal report.
It happened a lot in the demo for me. But in the real game, it only happened in the “The World Ender” zone.

Repeatedly pressing ESC when it freezes can get you out of the freeze (at least it works for me)

Everybody who I have seen post something about this problem (including me) have an AMD CPU.
It looks and sounds like this: https://youtu.be/kUUT1YdNsSA

I have the same problem, and also the processor from AMD FX-8350. The developers even read this forum? At least one of them would answer.

One of the developers did answer in this thread (Mark / Beh3moth_x), they need help reproducing the issue on their machines so I suggest you follow his directions and you could be part of the solution :smiley:

i have send you my save folder hope it helps also some more information’s in the E-mail, if you need any additional info please let us know.

This is happening to me too. I go to the bathroom and come back to a frozen game that moves a frame every couple seconds lol. I’m using AMD FX 8350 Eight-Core Processor

I’m having the same problem. I updated my graphics driver and that helped, but i still have to be quick in the inventory/mutations/map screen. If I don’t it will freeze after about a minute. Before I updated the driver it woud freeze after 2-3 seconds.
Windows 7 64x on a Intel Core I7 950 with Nvidia GTX 1060

Happens to me too, running on FX-8320 and a GTX970…
It happens when i open the inventory, stuttering and slowing of sound, not responding…
When i restart the game, everything seems ok. But now it happens every time i start reading Hammon’s notes after defeating the ghouls, and it’s so frustrating!
Want to play further, i’m loving the game so far, help us oh Ancients!

[Updated] Sound stutter and game freeze at Hammon's Cabin

Small update, we are working hard to get this issue fixed and I want to thank everyone for the savegames! We will keep you updated hopefully very soon!

Same problem as the rest here. Sometimes happens while browsing inventory and when reading Hammon’s note.

System:
AMD FX 8350 (8 x 4.2GHz) Eight Core CPU
16 Gb DDR3 RAM
MSI Radeon RX 480 GAMING X OC Edition 8GB

Can send saves as well, if it’ll help.

Didn’t see this post come up while typing.

Thank you for your hard work!

Same for me too, Inventory/Menu/Character Sheet and picking up the note cut scene at Hammonds Cabin.

AMD 8320 8core
GeForce GTX 1060 6GB
8GB RAM

Having the same or similar issue here as well. Also w AMD A10 apu r9 290x gpu

Outside of the stutter on the inventory/loadout screen the game looks and runs beautifully and I am very much enjoying the experience.

Same problems when i open any window inventory, group, char sheet,
game freezing for several seconds at a time every couple of seconds, makes game unplayable,

Amd fx 4300 quad core
8 gb ram
nvidia geforce gtx 1060 6gb

I’m sure the dev’s have spotted this but i don’t see a single intel chip in any of the setups with this problem only amd so it would appear that’s where the problem lies.

Freezes During hammonds cutsceene(slows down to a halt). Just waiting while spamming space resumed the game in a minute or 2.
The game freezes(slows down to a halt) randomly when im in mutation screen.
The game freezes(slows down to a halt) when i open inventory and wanted to equip some of my 15 random grenades.
The taskmanager also stutters and stops responding every other time the game stops responding.
I can hear my gpu power down before this happens.

Sys specs
amd 6300 black
radeon 290rx
12 gb ram
Samsung ssd.
Windows 7

There is a thread for this in the bug/feedback forum.
Devs have stated that they are getting an AMD FX CPU computer to try and fix this.

That is correct, we hope to get something out to you tomorrow. Thank you for your patience guys, i know this is a Sh*tty situation for those affected. /Mark

Merging a few threads that were about the same issue. Quick summary:

We’re aware of a compatibility issue with Pre-Ryzen AMD processors and are working on getting everything resolved.

A quick update, i verified my game files through steam, and the cut-scene got some 15 seconds further in before starting to stutter and slowly crash again.
Dunno if that helps…

I reinstalled the game and then verified my game files through steam afterwards, saw that there was one file that was iffy. Now I can get past the cutscene without stutters!
Now my issue lies in the inventory crashes, but that can be played around for now. Hope this helps.

I also have the same crash issue at the cabin cutscene.

I have tried running as admin, reducing graphics to minimum, paying in windowed mode, disabling scaling of DPI and removing the SLI of my cards.

Processor = AMD FX™-9590 Eight-Core Processor, 4700 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s)
Installed Physical Memory (RAM) = 32.0 GB
Graphics = 2 x NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 in SLI
OS = Windows 10