Upkeep cost to mantain bases

i posted this in another thread so i will just quote it:

I would love to have an upkeep cost to mantain your base, payment in silver and gold coins.
The bigger the base the bigger the cost, and it would prevent decayment…

So instead of a decay timer system, the decayment depends on the players paying in-game money to mantain their bases, and yeah they could just farm gold like crazy and keep the payments ready to not worry about that, but depending on how much territory they claim the prizes could be so high that it’s almost impossible to mantain.

I don’t know, i just think that leaving too much liberty to the players makes them abuse of it against other players and the game itself.

Somebody else suggested to use the same system as rust, leaving materials in a chest to keep the base without decaying.
i like the idea but i want to have an use for the money we have in the game. i mean this cold open a lot of possibilities, i’m no expert in economy, but i just imagined having an economy system based on this costs, even having different values for the money made from different players (ie. the money from a full clan with a big base(s) and time on the server woud have more value than those newer to the server).

I know economies in this games usually fail because the resources are limitless and money became worthless after a while (or since forever, like this game) but if there was an specific need that requires you to have and pay money that would mean that players would fight to have it, or try, at least.

This would also prevent players to claim, wall, fill the land with building pieces for they will have to pay to keep them, and if they still do it is because they are actually working on it, not leaving the map filled with foundations walling every important resource and abusing the current decay system.

Decayment won’t be that hash either, instead of loosing all your base, the base would be gradually decaying.

Making money could be more interesting that just mining silver or gold and turning it into gold, but also commercing with other players or NPCs.

Escentially, it’s a system to make more difficult the land claiming and avoid griefing, and after months of reading this forum, i belive it’s necesaary to counter those abusive players, even those who just claim land around their bases to avoid other players building nearby.

Hopefully, this could also help with server performance and with more things to do during playtime.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.