Valheim - Take notes?

Wow took the words right from my mouth! Agree 100%

Also for those who donā€™t like the UI, you can scale it almost out of existence with the slider.

Valheim has boats, digging, wagons, custom-precise teleports, and a feedback button and a truly MASSIVE map. Their GUI scales up and down, and they support 4k resolution. They have a classic, simple skill system. Game looks 80% picturesque with Depth-of-Field enabled at 4k. You can even plant trees!

These are all huge, and they all work well. Graphics aside, the game is doing a few things very right (except graphics) and itā€™s still early acess. They have lot of room for improvement (and to make mistakes). But with a built in feedback button, they are gonna be seeing exactly what their players wantā€¦ and with a game so ā€œsimpleā€ they can address those concerns fairly easily.

You canā€™t swim underwater, but you can swim on it, or boat on it. Their boats works and look nicer than Atlas system.

If Valheim makes a Sandbox Mode as they stated on their to-do-list, or true multi-player, there is potential for hundreds of players being on a server, rather than 40 or 70. The map will be big enough, they have true portals, and with such a small texture burden, adding deeper gameplay will be both easy, and within reason.

I canā€™t wait to see what they do with the money they just made. They could hire a couple devs, focus hard on doing things better (except graphics) than other survival gamesā€¦ and we could see a real gem develop.

Valheim is not better than Conan Exiles, itā€™s different and in a position to really out perform games like Conan Exiles for reasons that have been mentioned on this forum countless times.

I am NOT hating on Conan Exiles.

Just giving some attention to a nice, small title in early access that is showing quite a bit of promise. Conan Exiles has, SLOWLY delivered on most of its promises, but left a lot of things lacking.

Valheim is worth $20 for the replay and laughs alone.

The current multi-player situation for Valheim works but is not fleshed out and needs improvmentā€¦, but Conan Exiles server situation isnā€™t great either. Remember the high ping with Siptah? How hard it is/was to keep your favorites marked? G-portals user interface isnā€™t much to look at either. I see in this thread a few people mocking about Valheim, butā€¦ lets not forget Conan Exiles could do a lot of things better, things it is not able/willing to address in a timely manner.

So if it needs to be spelled out for some of you here. Boats, Wagons, Digging, Undigging, Planting Trees, Simple Skill System, In-Game Feedback Button and a small list of other ā€œOh thats nice!ā€ kind of stuff. Things that you are just constantly pleasantly surprised by.

Only things I can truly say I donā€™t like about Valheim currently is the graphics, and the multi-player situation. Both stand to be improved. And like I said, Valheim has lots of room to grow.

1 Like

This is a refreshing attitude. Thank you for this post.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.