Vote kick in mini games

It all sounds like a lot of butthurt to me. I think maybe you’re playing the wrong game.

you need to have a little bit of a thicker skin to play Age Of Conan.

if PVP lessons is what you want all you have to do is ask. I’ll gladly give you some PVP lessons and tutorials I don’t mind helping players learn if they’re willing to learn but you have to be willing to learn.

Just come hang out in the arena anytime. Dueling is the best way to learn how to pvp. Also the PVP festival. 3rd week of every month. Come out and be s good sport and people will respond positively.

The fact that you’re trolling mini games just to spite pvpers speaks volumes as to why we need vote kick.
this game wasn’t built to Pander to Judas.

You’re only making yourself look bad by how you’re acting. Some people use caps but it doesn’t ruin anyone’s game. You intentionally handicap your team in minis as a F you to pvpers. Who is more childish?

I never expected you to take me up on my offer but it stands. You’d rather just sit back and complain. I know enough about you to know that you’re just a troll and a whiner what else is there to know? you’re not that complex. everything seems to be about you how you don’t want to vote kick but everybody else seems to want it. You’re not even a pvper so what are you care? Because you won’t be able to punish pvpers anymore right? Poor Judas. Ever the victim.

I guess you’ll just have to learn how to use the ignore function after all…what a tragedy.

3 Likes

Except i only take issue with legitimate problems with the game whilst you whine about the inconvenience of having to use ignore.

Plus i don’t go out of my way to ruin the gaming experience of others unlike you. A player can always ignore someone in chat rooms but you can’t “ignore” an unwilling minigame participant out of the minigame. That player (you for example) takes up a spot and just stands around not helping or contributing in any fashion essentially handicapping your team and stealing a spot from another player who would otherwise be helping… You do this on purpose because you have admitted you feel slighted by pvpers and this is how you “punish us”.

I personally am not bothered by such behavior, It is a minor inconvenience to me but there are many people who get severely agitated by this sort of behavior and I believe they have a right to enjoy the game as paying customers. If you haven’t figured it out by now let me clue you in, i am very difficult to troll successfully. you have tried and failed many times. But i always enjoy your attempts. The crying thing was hilarious and I got a great laugh out of it. You see I dish it out but I can also take it. Can you? Also trolling minigames doesn’t work on me either. you’re only punishing others. the only thing that annoys me in minigames is when players whine incessantly about this or that instead of trying to win. It’s why i tend to not even monitor group chat anymore.

Back to you, Claiming you have the right to go into a mini and take up a spot so u can troll pvpers because you’re a paying customer is why we need vote kick and you prove it with every post you make… such entitlement… Votekick will make minis a bit more enjoyable once you no longer have that kind of power. The community will decide who is more toxic. Then you can either play with your team or get voted out, the choice will be yours.

Bottom line is We are nothing alike. So don’t try to compare yourself to me.

and again, if you want to learn to pvp feel free to come out and partake in some duels in the arena. There will be no making fun of you or harsh judgement as long as you’re a good sport about it. It’s the bad sportsmen who get smeared publicly in global. The 1 on 1 atmosphere is where all the great pvpers honed their skills. Not in random pug minigames. you gotta crawl before you walk as they say, so come on out and put up or shut up.

1 Like

Guys take it civil.

This thread…omg.

Anyway, as a pvp outsider, I’m not sure you want the other team involved with your vote kicking as it’s fundamentally in their best interest to keep your team weak, human nature and all. I think it’s more realistic to keep vote to a single team and require 4 people to vote kick.

I think this is a great thread it really gets across the point of what we fight against in mini games every day.
You know the vote to kick would solve a lot of frustrations for a lot of the issues , it might even engourage those trolls and cheaters to be more legit , if they want to play do it in the right manner .
Even the cheaters i would welcome back to minis if they cut the cheat engines out.
A lot of this culture with the trolls imo is because people can no longer mini game with their friends , you have people who are social and competitive then you have people who troll the minis or are casual , the 2 dont mix well. When you used to sign with friends you would be organised and hard to beat , it made casual players band together and try harder. At the same time other guilds would rise to the challenge and put their own 6 together and come in to challenge them.
I honestly think give us a vote to kick and allow us to sign with our friends again and things will improve , people will return to minis knowing cheaters/trolls will be gone , and others will probably return to game knowing they can sign with friends again , could be 2 very healthy changes for aoc.

@Zaldar thats exactly why you would involve the other team , they will kick a hacker who is a threat to them , they wont kick a lowbie in blues , in effect saving the lowbie , which is what we want we dont want lowbies kicked from games , just the trolls and cheaters .

1 Like

But they won’t kick someone afk on the other team as it’s easier for them 6v5.

I understand that but there has to be a line somewhere to safeguard the lowbies , to get rid of the cheaters and the trolls id take that trade off. People hate afkers as well , but unless we get it in game its all guess work anyway.

I agree vote kick should also be in pvp, it’s done wonders to improve raid finder.

Just wanted to play devil’s advocate from the point of view of someone from the outside (I don’t pvp other than random sieges).

Yeah and i get the point you are making , and its sure valid , but id rather kick the cheats and trolls and then petition the afks to protect the lowbies .
Its important we find a way to protect them still as without fresh toons/players pvp drys up fast. Its another reason id like to see group sign ups back again , lots of guilds could show new players how to pvp in minis bring them into their groups , new players would learn so much more that way, the solo sign up really has hurt general mini team work and knowledge imo.

Ever wonder why I’ve never been banned or kicked from a mini-game? It’s because all this talk about standing around is false.

There is currently no way to remove a player from minigames and I have never heard of GMs actually taking action anyway.

I’m not just standing around

I can’t honestly say i have never seen you do that and the few times i have seen you in minis you have been in the thick of things pvping. You do however have a reputation of running around naked and generally “farking off” in minis to the detriment of your teammates. I knew a guy like that once on Fury. he would join minis on his guardian and just go out of his way to troll his own team, even corpse hopping his teammates when they died. I forget his name at this point but people like that deserve a good kick from the group. If we have to deal with the random pug queue then a vote kick would alleviate some of the issues we face. I don’t see why you would be so opposed to it unless you’re worried that your head will be up on the chopping block. All I can say is make sure you keep those greens going and give it your best shot if you’re going to play minis and you wont have to worry about a vote kick coming from me. I don’t fault players for being undergeared or bad at pvp, I fault them for not trying.

I never see this sort of thing happening either. Usually the global smack talk happens after the mini ends.

It’s a video game ~ I never “worry”.

If you say so

Maybe Judas needs to spend less time trying to be intellectual on the forums and more time getting better at the game.

3 Likes

Uh I haven’t checked this thread for a while and there’s like 30 new posts, good lord.

• Lowbie safeguard? Give them competitive gear so they’re not stuck in gear they can’t compete with. I mean, they’d still get wrecked due to inexperience but at least they’d have the right tools to do something.

• Slippery slope kicking enemies, I’d rather see a team vote kick first to see if it’s needed or not, that would solve the AFK/troll problem and I’d like to think no one wants to play with hackers but we don’t know - as I said in some post near the top, I’d like to see everything trialed but I’d probably only try this one out if it’s necessary.

Its necessary

They are not going to add more map content. Adding vote kick would be an easy addition. They already have a system in place in the Rf raid. integrating that existing system into minigames is a no brainer. We get it you are opposed to it and most of us know why. The devs will ultimately be the ones to decide and it wont come down to what you or I think. The community has spoken in favor of it.

In all honesty PvP has been neglected for a long time, its a huge part of the reason this side of the game is in the state it is in, The vote to kick is the best option going forward with the influx of cheaters in minis that the GM’s do not ban, If they policed their servers to the terms of their own EULA ( which we know they dont, they just change the terms to suit themselves… see sub rewards) that would be different.
While i agree there is a lot of AFK’s in minis their teams do not forget and those players do get focused harder in mini games, so they kinda bring their punishment on themselves. Although i want the vote to kick the afkers are not my personal biggest issue this being the case.
I do concern myself for the lowbies who try, they deserve their chance to grow, so id like to see full T1 sets given to every new 80 so they at least have more of a fighting chance against pvp 10 full AA kill bots.
As for the new mini maps and content we know this isnt going to happen, i mean look how old thepvp 10 levels are, look how old the mini game maps are, funcom are not going to do anything major for the game anymore, as its nearing the end obviously give us the vote to kick, open up pvp T1 for new fresh level 80’s and let people sign to minis together again, since you took away the option of signing to minis with friends and gave us this pug joke we have now the skill level has become a joke. No one used to relish going up against another guilds 6 when you was pugging, but ill tell you one thing, it made you better players, and it made you learn to work as a team or face certain destruction, and i say this as someone who was a pugger back them not part of a team…
If Funcom did these 3 fairly cheap tweaks i think we would see a big improvement on the pvp side of the game.

Thank you all for your feedback.

The thread has run it’s course and I’m going to close it down for now.