Votekick for Minis

They simply ignore questions on livestreams they don’t want to answer. On the last one, It was asked five times about free transfers to Fury Post Saga and they never said a word.

I have to be honest here, I have never played a PvP mini game in AoC and I don’t know how skilled I am (not very probably) , but I would try. In other games nothing annoys me more than leechers in team competitions if we aren’t getting vote kick couldn’t a feature be added that if they were reported by several players in two/three different mini games in an hour that they get some sort of “death penalty” and can’t nominate for a minigame for a day or so.

As I said before, Funcom does not have a petiton system where they can see how many times a player has been petioned. They loose all data every time they close a ticket. It’s the only explanation for letting the trolls and cheaters run around ruining mini after mini for literally years.
Also, I believe there is a script or program that lets them see if a GM is watching the mini. I’ve had a GM watch cheaters or trolls during a few minis, and each time the players in question actually plays legit. Soon after, when the GM is no longer watching, the players resume cheats and/or trolling.

But remember that the GMs are not any good at AoC. They dont play the game or have any knowledge about its mechanics at all. So when it comes to cheaters they will most likely not understand what they are looking at anyway. As far as trolls go, they seem to take the approach that anyone can play the game the way they choose. A few years back trolling minis was concidered harassment, but not anymore.

All in all, Funcom and its GMs are impotent and incompetent when it comes to AoC and its cheaters/trolls. Nothing will be done, and my time after having played this game since 2008, and having 30 characters, is drawing to an end. Funcom is letting the sosiopaths win.

5 Likes

I guess a tournament in the server that is, luckily, not affected by these leeches is more important than fixing a years-long issue that could well affect Fury if these players decided to play there. I like the idea of tournaments - it promotes competitive gameplay - but, when I’m burnt due to this issue, I don’t have the slightest interest in that, because what’s good in a few-days clean games if the rest of the time we’re going to be having minis ruined?

I heard that a cheater got permabanned in Saga, before the server shut down. If this is really true, it’s a spit on our faces, and it seems to mean PvP is only regulated in the PvP servers, and, since Crom is a PvE server, completely ignoring PvP griefers and cheaters is justified. I really hope what I heard was a lie.

2 Likes

yeah

what’s needed isn’t just these organized activities, but easily accessible fun - which minis can be

If you guys don’t start following the guidelines, I’m afraid we will have to close this thread, just like the previous Add votekick for minigames

Please start following the Social Guidelines: Read Me!

Well said :slight_smile:

Honestly if funcom would reply on the issue of vote to kick the post wouldnt decend the way it does , people’s frustration boils over with lack of response and we get what these threads turn into , i see no reason why they can not just answer the question its not complicated to respond . with the trolls we have to deal with in mini games the last few years the frustration is building. As a community we would like an answer from Funcom . As for @ISawTheDevil you are against this always so its clear you must be one of our mini game friends fearing his time is coming to an end.
If the code can be transfered over from rf there is no real reason not to do it , surely it cant be that difficult. How anyone could be against this feature in minis tells you all you need to know about them as players.

4 Likes

I agree with this, let’s give them some taste and teach them not whining about a feature this game have and they do not play. Let’s gather a nice amount of players and put them on the forum, starting with forbidding users with T5+ to even join a T4 raid. Also i want a pvp game where if you kill someone he drops his items. Feel free to delete of flag this post, this is what is going to happen.

I just played a mini with the worst of the two leeches and I managed to lure a couple of enemies and get him killed once, which was satisfying. Then I moved on to help my team and I fought this wannabe-pro carnage conq who, after a couple of times failing miserably 1 vs 1, even though he is “extremely dextrous” with his combos, the third time he teleported from the small corridor behind middle, at the bottom, in HV, to the top middle. It was a matter of seconds, so it couldn’t have been a fear under the map. Minis are great!

1 Like

So, you’re reading the forum. Great.
Would be even better, if you actually give the company’s opinion about the subject…

Thanks.

2 Likes

Sorry mate this is a vote to kick mini game thread not a pve thread about banning T5 + in pve T4.
As for dropping loot i loved that feature on Deathwish and then Rage when we was merged into it , it works well in open world but would be pointless in instanced minis games as it would just stop people doing minis , i only use pvp gear in minis but lots do not , its about strengthing the pvp experience not weakening it.
Given the tool of vote to kick would go a decent way towards making minis more enjoyable , we will never get to group for minis anymore but for random luck , but kicking the trolls who are harming the experience for all is something we should be allowed to control. Funcom do not police their servers well at all , so they should let their players , the ones who truly know the game mechanics and the community to do it for the good of all.

2 Likes

Sunstar is not an Employee from Funcom, We Moderators (Guys with a green frame) are volunteer moderators doing this job in their free time

1 Like

So, can you please forward the topic to someone who can actually reply? :wink:

2 Likes

Can you explain why you moderators can respond so fast but funcom employees can not ? Surely they should read and be active on the forums the same if not more so then you guys…

I can assure you that they read the forums

1 Like

We moderators are committed to respecting the forum’s guidelines, and since we’re all in different time zones, we may be able to keep an eye on the forum. The community managers have far more tasks to do than keep an eye on the forums. But I’m sure that they keep an eye on the feedback in the Threads and send it to the right place. But it will not always give you a feedback.

1 Like

I don’t know what the answer/cure is to remove the people/person that afk or use cheats in minis. I know from experience that it’s frustrating beyond belief and something really needs to be done.

Whether it be sign up with some of your friends or add a vote kick system. I know being able to sign with friends would probably remove a few of the bad apples since they would fail to find a group or hope they would fail. The vote kick is also a very good option. I guess I’m just partial to signing up with friends because it’s the whole reason I play the game.

1 Like

What we are seeing right now here in this thread is how a troll operates. Jumping into a thread, pushing peoples triggers, getting personal, doing everything to distract people from the real topic we are talking about. So folks, lets stay focused and not feed the troll.

Now imagine two people doing this in a competetive pvp environmente FOR YEARS! We are a pretty tight community nowadays, even the pve players know the two people who constantly ruin minis. This situation build up over the years because Funcom has a no ban policy it seems. I can not wrap my head around the fact that Funcom lost literally thousand of dollars because of a handfull of people. They just can not pay Funcom enough that it would ever make up for the people who quit the game because of those leechers, afkers etc.

Tried to tag Mussagana here…not possible, his user profil “does not exist or is private”…Did we loose him?

4 Likes

It was already given by me, all they have to do is to add a script that autokicks an afk player who has been afk or a player that makes no dps. The votekick is not needed and it is totally going to make the mini worse than what they are now. Btw FC clearly does not want to do it because it costs.