Game mode: Online private
Type of issue: Performance
Server type:PvP
Region: EU
Mods?: Yes
Edition: Steam

Bug Description:

I’m receiving a lot of warning messages in the server log, like those:

[2022.04.23-08.07.14:014][770]Network:Warning: Data: FunCombat_PlayerController_C_4 (server) sent 89.0 parts per second > 40 (sample window size: 2.00 seconds)
[2022.04.23-08.07.14:014][770]Network:Warning: Data: FunCombat_PlayerController_C_2 (server) sent 107.5 parts per second > 40 (sample window size: 2.00 seconds)
[2022.04.23-08.07.18:013][ 10]Network:Warning: Data: BasePlayerChar_C_4 (server) sent 47.5 parts per second > 40 (sample window size: 2.00 seconds)
[2022.04.23-08.07.20:016][116]Network:Warning: Data: BasePlayerChar_C_3 (server) sent 64.5 parts per second > 40 (sample window size: 2.00 seconds)
  • Could this be related to tickrate? (set to 60, but sometimes it’s not stable 60)

There is also a bug that makes players won’t able to climb on anything. The game says in the popup “Cannot climb this” on any surface. Relogging is usually fixing it. When the bug appears and I try to climb, these warning are coming up. This could be totally unrelated but at this point I’m not sure what’s causing the issue, and what are those messages.

Installed Mods:

1. Pippi
  2. ModControlPanel
  3. TWD (Thrall War Dungeon)
  4. GrimProductions
  5. Ancient Armory
  6. Barbarian Barber
  7. RA
  8. Archery Evolved
  9. Hosav’s Pets Extended
  10. SandstormEx
  11. SnowstormEx
  12. AOC (The Age of Calamitous)
  13. EEWA (Extended Endgame Weapon Arsenal)
  14. Mordheim Server Mod
  15. ExilesExtreme
  16. Fashionist
  17. Better Thralls
  18. IQOL (Improved Quality of Life 3)
  19. Hosav’s Custom UI
  20. LBPR (Less Building Placement Restrictions)
  21. Stacksize Plus
  22. Unlock Plus (with Pickup)

Steps to Reproduce:

My Advice is to turn each Mod off one at a time, until you find the one responsible.
then contact that mods author.

FunCom will not do anything with moded problems.

2 Likes

Of course it’s easier to straight blame the mods. What about those warnings? Don’t seem to be related to mods.

I’m just another player, I’m not blaming anything.

I’m just giving advice. Unless you have the issue with no mods, FunCom will not do anything.

1 Like

Well, unless they broke mods. They did revert a change that broke a bunch of unique textures in any mod.

not very unlikely that this messages is driven by a mod or the shear number of mods you use. every client-server communication goes through the baseplayerchar or funcombat_playercontroller and adds data to it. more mods => more data => higher chance to hit the warning threshold

3 Likes

What Testerle said. Check your mods.

2 Likes

@Testerle @Multigun
Thanks for the explanation. I tried to raise the warning threshold as well, it’s not changed anything. Meanwhile, we dropped the majority of the mods to make a ‘Vanilla+’ PVP experience, but I’m still curios about what caused the issue. We was running the same modlist on G-Portal without issues or warnings, but these as I mentioned are started to appear on GTXGaming’s server.

depending on the hardware, different servers can also deliver different results. the warning only says that the number of data to be processed is greater than the defined time window expects or considers acceptable. there is no problem to be derived from the warning. even a server without mods will have this warning in the logs from time to time. otherwise, better hardware and fewer mods will definitely help, but it will not completely eliminate the warning.

I’m assuming that the server was not strong enough to keep up the 60 tickrate with those mods, and this may caused the mentioned issue.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.