Water appearance changed on original map, in a very bad way

New patch notes say the water color/texture was fixed. If anything it’s worse now. Since 2.4 came out I get incredible glare off water. with 2.4.1 I can barely look “west” in the afternoon if I’m near water. Looking at it even gives me a headache. I was going to post a screenshot but there was virtually nothing to see, a couple of vague mountain tops and the rest a glaring white. All this is on exiled lands where I play solo with no mods.

Water should reflect the skies :slight_smile:
The sky in Siptah changed and the water texture was probably used on both maps and changed as well
Maybe the water on EL doesn’t reflect the sky and just needs colouring.

But I’m not 100% sure

Currently, the water is not as bad as it was right after 2.4, but I really preferred the old coloring, and also the waves at least in the noob river. Now it looks like some kind of clear jelly or coolant, not as water like.

Also the smaller rivers, which are shallow, have basically no color, making the water less noticeable.

There is one change, which I do like however, and that is that the smaller river water now flows along the river. But I do wish we would get the less transparent and more blue water back. And the waves… please flush away this gelatin thing or whatever it is… KY jelly?

Anyway, I don’t feel safe drinking it :grin:

Oh, and… I do appreciate the effort!
Even if the result is not currently working for me

2 Likes

Hey all,

Quick PSA: We’re fixing the water in 2.4.2. Hallelujah
:soon:

5 Likes

This issue should be fixed with 2.4.2. See the patch notes below:

At least the smaller river near sink hole still lacks blue

And noob river is very transparent and still

2 Likes

Thanks for the info @Starkwolf. Sending water back to the workshop.

2 Likes

Water generally has different coloration, based on depth. Shallow close to shore can be much more transparent and as it gets deeper, the desired color should become much more pronounced. Any chance the devs can dig that deep into rewriting the water code?

Moving water on dirt tends to be muddier. Moving water on sand or rock is generally more blue. Water with a lot of vegatation in it generally more of a greenish tint. Glacier fed lakes and rivers are commonly azure blue from all the rock dust created by glacier erosion. I think that is about the prettiest water color of all. It isn’t really natural to see in a desert, but this is a fantasy world, so I’m game.

The post two above this one - the bottom pic is all the same color, from the deepest part to the 1cm deep edge. Very unrealistic. That water looks more like a glossy shadow than water.

1 Like

Was swimming yesterday from Melt Water Craig direction Ice-spire on EL. There the water is cold, and nearly perfect. It’s blue, and icy, and the look make you shouder.

That’s how water should be, adapted to the place it’s in.
Also reflection of the sky does lot. In the jungle it would be more greenish, and reflect the surrounding trees and vegetation to.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.