Water shader glitch when trees between water and camera

New player, don’t know if this has been discussed, search didn’t give anything.

After fiddling with graphics settings to get my preferred experience, all works fine except the water. Everything I tried fell short.

Two effects, might be related.

1. If trees are between camera and water, the trees and branches will give off psychedelic light effects in the water. Standing still is fine I guess (ugly and messy), but with any movement, these lights will follow the trees, and make a psychedelic blinking all over the water.

2. The edge of the screen will have much lighter water, as if someone found out how to do edge detection, played around with it, and forgot to remove it from the water shader.

Any help to remedy these effects appreciated.

I wanted to log in to take example screenshots now, but apparantly the server I chose, with the lowest ping, now have sky-rocketed and I’m unable to log on to it. What’s that all about? Are the servers that unstable?

Greetings @vildauget and welcome to the forums! :slight_smile:

Thank you for reporting this issue to us, but could you please use the given Bug Report Template?

This template has most of the information we need to start investigating and will make the process a lot quicker for everyone :smile:

You can find it here: NEW Bug Report Template

If possible, please add a video or screenshot as well.

Thanks in advance!