-We need a pvp mode as a stable income-

I’d like to second a point here that for example over the past 4 Shambala events that I held being a total of almost 24hours of constant Shambala matches popping I had seen a total of one player purposely jump off the cliff repeatedly. Of course there are other ways of obtaining the same goal but I think it’s less common then expected.

Another point is that many names were drawn for various rewards like container keys and the most common response I got was that they were just there to enjoy the constant Shambala pops and get together with the PvP community.

Now regarding the MoF debate I didn’t get chance to read through all the posts because I’m on a work break ATM but my personal opinion is that direct garunteed MoF generation is a bad thing because grinders will grind and don’t underestimate how much they can grind lol. (Remembers the 12hour E8 dungeon speed runs when rushing to be first to down E10 NYR)

I do however encourage the use of RNG to create incentive to make MoF, a commonly suggested idea has been having agents drop in Shambala, it’s actually one of the more fitting places to see agents drop in my opinion.

That would be a valid concern, Pvp’ers practically live in pvp when the zones are there to inhabit & their grinding habits know no bounds , like wise for some pve’er types, they are the most tenacious of peeps, but there is no way Funcom would implement that anyways.

On the issue of agents dropping in PVP, i am not opposed to that as an idea , i’d actually support that & apreciate it as an addition.

I agree - adding mofs to anything as a reward would be bad and is for me out of the question as a source.
We have the bags as reward for a reason - they are your source after daily cap is done.
Do with them as you feel.
Sell on AH/Vendor or fodder.

The main issue really is there needs to be more sources of PVP like there was before.
the more options - the better.
For Shambala the rewards should never have been the same for win/lose - it’s the losing side that needs reduced i feel. Which would make the winning of the match have purpose and to partake to win is all any PVPer wants really, to feel excited and jubilant - thrilled and challenged. The reward should be like any other. Two talisman bags, one glyph bag and one weapon bag. It’s the current and acceptable standard - ANYTHING could be in those bags and we’ve all become accustomed by now - or should have - to the RNG of that.

If you add an exclusive agent or mofs to that then it would be like the Shambala signet fiasco again = people only doing it for that alone and not the enjoyment.

There should be nothing gained from PVP that you can not get elsewhere except for PVP outfits and PVP rank. Which is a standard i feel and perfectly acceptable - even for a PVE person - they would not feel like they had to go do something they really didn’t like - just to get that one thing like an agent, or extra mofs.
For example - Look what happened when they added PVP to the list of dailies? People complained that they were being killed in a PVP zone and they were only there to do dailies so they could complete the list given to them of jobs to do for the day. the response was “you are in a pvp zone, what did you expect” - this adds a negative feeling to both parties. I don’t want that. I won’t ask for it either.

I don’t mind PVP being counted as a daily main to contribute to your dailies - but nowhere should it be added as a Mandatory thing like before.

If they were to add an agent to the Shambala loot pool then it should be ANY agent can drop at the same rate as the lowest rate. Fairs fair and should not be exclusive.

(I would also like to apologise if any of my earlier comments contributed to the threads closure - it was in no way my intention and i was perhaps a tad hasty in commenting to begin with)

1 Like

I really don’t care for pvp… If that is the direction the game ends up taking I’m out.

Which is why it should never be mandatory - but should and could be there as an option for those that want to.

It was there before and it can be again.

It will never take the place of - or be the main focus of direction, or take over the main aspect of SWL - which is it’s story.

You can be rest assured that no PVPer is advocating that Funcom take an exclusive approach to that Fran.

Exactly, to bring back something I said on a suggestion post:

People ARE content. Not exploiting this easy source of entertainment is something Funcom can’t afford.

3 Likes

You don’t need to worry about this. I can garuntee that PvP will never be this games primary focus and rightly so.

That being said I hated PvP in the early years of TSW. I’m sure no one would expect this from me but I was that player that jumped off a cliff or hid somewhere just to afk and get the rewards (shocking I know) but once I got to know the community and started delving into the theorycrafting I saw a huge part of this game that I had missed for two years. Even in SWL you could not imagine how much having the existing PvP zones back in game (along with some modifications to the EFB) would bring to life the huge selection of talismans and weapons we currently have in SWL.

Anyways point is the SWL PvP community is a great group of people, so don’t close your mind to it completely. It’s a different experience from other games with PvP.

3 Likes

“We are not the PVPers you are looking for”…perhaps tokens from PVP (ala SA mode) to buy distilates and then I wouldn’t need to go into dungeons…rolls eyes

1 Like

Now that is an idea I can get behind! They would need something to stop people just going into shambala to die and farm distillates though. Maybe basing whether you get rewards on how long you were in the match, damage dealt, damage received etc, basically a system to check if you actually participated. Similar to what Drenneth looked for in the match results during the shambala events to make sure people who won prizes actually participated.
Although that comes with some flaws, where if it doesn’t work properly someone who did participate may be left without rewards at the end.

Participation has always been hard to gauge properly in Shambala because of the one life rule. I’ve honestly tried a rush tank tactic a few times and due to a poorly timed cooldown fell flat on my face and died in 2 seconds. It was an honest attempt though the scoreboard would say otherwise.

Participation is easier in the older zones because the matches were atleast 15 minutes and it was easy to tell if a player was participating or not. Even based on scoreboard results.

Honestly one of the reasons I liked the battle rank system was because it gave me a bit of an indication on whether someone was an active PvPr or not. I would suggest some score based on kill:death ratio but of course that doesn’t show healers and tanks much love so isn’t as effective in SWL

Shows tanks and healers poorly, and it shows those support kills poorly, even for dps. Back in TSW i couldn’t for the life of me get a kill registered to me. Sometimes i had been working alone on another player for a while … and suddenly someone gets 1 hit in and get the kill. In SWL for the 3rd shambala event (my first) i got 4-5 kills some matches, largely because i was throwing massive Overloads and getting a few lucky hits in.

1 Like

Agree with the OP on needing more PvP avenues AND you should be able to level up (xp, AP/SP) while pvping.

Mixed on the MoF, unless it’s tied how the PvE side is (to keep everyone happy). Win in this BG you get MoF up to a cap. Kill x players. More like daily challenges (I hate those but realistically grinders will grind and filling PvP full of cliff jumpers isn’t great either!).

This though would require the PvP community - which is amazing or at least the TSW one was - to help new to PvP learn to find the fun. I’ve introduced many people to PvP in different games and they’ve been hooked.

As for agent drops - I think it would be appropriate to have a couple or so drop in PvP - not BoP ones and NOT Shambala - as what about people that don’t like to run lairs or dungeons? Their choice is run content they don’t enjoy or buy off the AH, so if you don’t want to PvP save your MoF! That would be fair.

Most people that PvP do it for the fun, but having it a way to level up a character or break from missions/dungeons, or what can be months or years waiting on new content is valid. I know two of my 50’s are ‘stuck’ in zones as I just can’t bring myself to continue the story yet. I’d love to have a reason to log in other than dailies, working on achievements and a few friend related activities.

Now getting FC to ever bring back PvP… They believe Shambala was the best (how many times did Tilty say that?), and they don’t seem to care about the whole faction pride that the game was based on. Hopefully that will change. FC does stay quiet about PvP. If they’re dead against ever adding it back, they should just say so. PvPers can move onto other PvP friendly games then.

2 Likes

I think the “Sambala is the best” was rooted in, that people who don’t otherwise pvp, once in a while found fun in jumping in Shambala. Personally only a casual PvPer, and found it easier to have a chance in Shambala over something like Fusang, where it was much more likely to run into an organized group. The more full time PvPers doesn’t seem to like it much for different reasons i’m sure.

For quality if you ask the PvP community, i’m sure Fusang and the others were better. I would not be surprised if Shambala was the most popular, if you looked at number of players though.

Shambala was not “the best”, it was “most succesfull” when we look the participant amounts, especially when Shambala was introduced. It kept living because of PvP Signets. That alone was strong sign that if there is notable reward in PvP, people will PvP. This point is something what Funcom must realize if they are going to be interested bringing PvP minigames back. Is Shambala “succesfull” anymore with current rewards? Nope.

I dont believe in SWL PvP anymore. If there arent any “roadmap” nor nothing, it will not happen. If biggest thing to announce so far was recycling Anniversary Event (plus Pintas ffs) then we are ef-word.

No Sawo - no.
It wasn’t successful either. Only on paper with numbers of matches played was it successful.

It was flawed because of the addition of those signets - it was teh only way to get them.
It was a strong sign that people will do what is necessary to get what is needed be it to use or sell.

They didn’t play for the rewarding factor of PVP as such because the reward factor had been tainted by the addition of signets which trivialised PVP as a whole - couple this with the fact that it had been placed on the dailies to complete and you basically HAD to win or play it, just to complete the dailies to get the full list of MoPs available to you on the cap.

Which to me is a huge lesson - and that is NEVER add a lucrative, exclusive reward to PVP.
And NEVER make it mandatory. I don’t want to force anyone to play something they don’t enjoy.
There should be nothing gained from PVP that you can not get elsewhere.
That would minimise on non pvpers abusing it for grinding purpose and keeps all communities happy.

You can also add to that - it was a very quick and short match so there would be lots and lots popping all day - which kinda gave big numbers - giving the illusion of success.

It was by far anything but successful.
To me - all those things did more damage to PVP than any tweak or update they did to the pvp zones.

Drenneth (and the PVP community together) have done more by reinvigorating PVP here in SWL
That is classed as successful.

The sheer numbers of people that turned up on the first match day - outnumbered the amount of people that turned up to cabal pride, and that was on the same day.

Most winners i believe have refused the rewards on offer - even yourself i think.
Which shows it’s not the high rewards on offer that bring us to PVP
It’s the fact we know there is actually going to be PVP to play and friends and enemies to play with and against. I saw names turn up i hadn’t seen for a very, very long time. THAT alone made me happy. Very happy indeed.

Build it and they will come.

There may be a little light shining in the darkness here - by way of Nirvelles forum post:

“What new thing do you want to see added to SWL”

Remember - Group content and PVP came out on top of most things requested in that thread, i did the count myself and double and triple checked it. (which includes raids, dungeons, scenarios in group form and PVP)

I think also the reason for there being no roadmap yet - it was mentioned on the funcom quarterly report stream i watched - was that they wanted to gauge from the community what they wanted before they committed to anything (i guess so they don’t waste time or budget) I think that’s why Nirvelle asked the question - and i’m glad we all responded.

I believe there has also been word that they have shifted focus from what they were planning to do - to what they are now going to do.

Don’t give up hope just yet - it’s all anyone ever has for anything they love to see added.

Bad thing is, that I dont believe anything, and I dont live in hope. To me, there is “things”, or is not. SWL is in “is not”. Especially I dont want to waste money to anything “is not”. PvP minigames need to happen like now, or I lose the interest to whole SWL itself. SWL does not have my love, TSW did. SWL can have my “tough love” and thats what it get when my investement isnt fruitfull to me. I have already spend too much real money in SWL to keep “hope” up for thing I have invested that real money. But thats what Funcom want, to me being a sucker. There are so many interesting games upcoming this fall that SWL will be just another Funcom game to go past, if thing what I want, does not happen now.

2 Likes

LOL - You need to be less demanding, this isn’t like oredering a coffee at starbucks lol :smiley: -
You should have become used to how long things take in SWL being an SWL/TSW player. … . Patience.
Things take time with small teams on old engines in a new fast paced world of gimme more and gimme now. It’s also a huuuuge time for Funcom - lots of anniversaries all round - not just SWL.

It’s a lot to take on for them. Especially anything PVP related or group related as calculating all those people and players together individually is much harder than it is for doing anything that is just solo.
I am grateful for them even considering it at all if they do.
Given we were always told our community is small and PVP was not a priority.
Things have changed. Give them credit for even listening i say.

There will be some PVP mini events in the near future during the anniversary. For that case - it is what you make it not what you expect from it.

Now go put your new weave in and make sure its glued down tight - There’s work to do and it requires some heavy lifting :smiley: That’s an order btw
#Snatched
tenor

1 Like

No. And yes, it is like ordering coffee. No coffee, no money to give. I do not go into coffee shop to make own coffee, and pay it someone else. Not even if there is somesort of lets-make-own-coffee party on, what only benefits the owner. If someone else serve me good coffee, I buy that.

I do not give credit for listening, I give credit for the actions made. Even that I have respect to those who build up PvP events, I still think that platform and system is something what does not appeal, and only benefits Funcom at the end. You build up their revenue by making coffee and serving it to Funcom. If you want Funcom to listen, cancel all the Events and stop doing them. You only spike the population what Funcom can show to stockholders with “we are popular game” notifications.

I am demanding, and I do it for everyone.

I take it you’ve never been on the other end of someone demanding you make them a coffee the way they like it - it doesn’t matter if they are paying for it - it’s the attitude behind the demand.

This is the coffee shop, it’s not owned by you - you are not allowed to make your own coffee - they have employees for that - and how you treat them makes all the difference.

“Would you like one shot or two sir”?
“JUST GIMME A COFFEE AND GIMME IT NOW”

Asking and demanding are two different things.
One of them - will get you a good coffee made with a tentative nature
Telling the Barista how you like it means they can go in fully equipped knowing how you like it and you will return for another.

The other will more likely end up with a bad coffee
And the Barista has every right to not serve you for being an awkward and irate customer.
It doesn’t matter how much money you throw at the Barista
It’s their right to not serve you.
After all - it’s their coffee shop.
They also have to think of the other customers who are present and quite happy with their coffee.

Requesting or even suggesting that other people within the coffee shop, who are happy and enjoying their coffees - with their free cinnamon biscuits on the side, to cancel their meetings and events they hold within the coffee shops venue - just because you aren’t getting any coffee - Is bad attitude Sawo.

I can’t make that any simpler even if i tried again.

But i will continue to shop and buy coffee from this coffee shop and i will continue to hold events within it, i will continue to keep them informed if their coffee is bad and i will continue to give them feedback on how possibly to make better coffee.

The only outcome of that is they end up with better coffee for everyone - if everyone also does the same things. The more info a person has - the better they can help you. That’s listening and deserves credit. Things take time.
The more varieties of coffee on offer - caters to the needs of everyone.
Go take a breather Sawo.
Have a coffee.
:coffee:

1 Like

This thread is full of posts about what we need and want. What needs to be adressed is what Funcom wants - Income! I agree that all PVP areas should be reopened in SWL. They should have small shards-rewards. And then Funcom should make a PVP-Passport, monthly payed, like patron. With this active players get more benefits from PVP. XP, PVP-challenges that reward MoFs, PVP-currency that buys PVP-uniforms and cosmetics, and PVP-rank-points for the Leaderboard. This way everybody gets what they want, we get PVP, Funcom gets income.