We Should Talk About Corrupted Wolves

It was just another example…

I think they’re an issue, you can’t even stun/stagger them.
They nip at you 3 times against 1 hit from the player.

Okay yes, I would choose for the lesser evil as well here.

1 Like

There are a lot one skull bosses that hit really hard in exile lands.
The greater Saber is no less either the skeletons in cellar wine. The reptile monstrocity in jungle does really big damage on the charge hit, ofcurce it is an avoidable hit, yet it is op. All of them however from one skull to 3 have a way to solo them. I find huge issues on rockslide yet, he wasn’t this way, he became so nusty after the Siptah update.

I know but…

They’re a bit overtuned for what they are is all I’m trying to say.

1 Like

I usually just keep on going. But when I’m leveling up a thrall…

I only have thralls with me when I am leveling them. Normally, I don’t waste time killing stuff I don’t have to. Our clan has been on the server 4 years. There is nothing we need from drops until new things are added. Even Legendary weapons are only good for the 3 Star metal in the dismantler

1 Like

That is exactly the reason I was so happy when @SirDaveWolf announced the new meta of agility. Not in the far future (cross fingers) we will be able to fight with less stamina, some hits will cost none and dodge is back on the game for good :grin:.
The most important is that we’ll get humongous armor pen, omg I can’t wait :love_you_gesture:.

Master @speedice by all means, I know who you are and what you can do. I was great fond of dlc armor sets. Yet they accept great damage now and I can’t understand why they are so low, but that is another story I guess :rofl::rofl::rofl:. If you find my previous post offensive, I apologize.

1 Like

I was not offended. I enjoy killing things as much as anybody, but sometimes I just want to get to the thrall levelled. I love killing giant spiders because 1] They are easy, their moves are so telegraphed I can do it naked with daggers, 2] It doesn’t take too long, and 3] 110000 XP.

1 Like

Yes, they are definitely the easiest boss to start. The nusty point is all the other smaller around the nests that make your life more difficult than the great ones :rofl::rofl::rofl:. Obtaining the watchers blade when you fresh start in a server is giving you a great advantage against the small ones. When I was trying to do the challenge
https://forums.funcom.com/t/are-you-ready-for-fun/192012/40
@rolee9309 reminded me about this sword and made my life very easy actually.
In any case, I do agree that some bosses are really op and their loot is disappointing.
The confessor in the sunken city is a pretty tough boss too, yet after Siptah update she drops the eyes of set too, but I would love to drop some Dagon scales or pearls too, she hits really hard with these daggers and her loot is poor.
Always a pleasure @speedice, thanks for chatting :blush:

1 Like

Saw topic title.

Immediately thought of my high school ex and her group of friends.

I dont like corrupted wolves. They nasty.

They are pretty horrifying looking I gotta say. Their faces… yikes. Not to mention the damage and they way they always seem to jump out of nowhere.

They do have the same move set as regular wolves though. For me a one-handed sword is really good against them. Just keep circling away from the teeth and hit light, light heavy heavy. It interrupts them and they can’t hit you at all. Too many minutes later and you have a dead corrupted wolf! Practice on regular ones first.

1 Like

I’ve said it before, Isle of Siptah’s experience would be greatly enhanced by replacing all the rocknoses with Corrupted Wolves.

1 Like

Don’t get hit by them, learn the counters, and learn how to control your thrall. If they die anyway, play the game more and go get another one. There’s no reason to have an indestructible thrall.

IMO they should introduce active aging! Let’s say your captures are aged 20 to 40 and at 45 they die. So they age one year every 180 actual real-time (off-line and on-line) hours - given that a CE day is 30min real-time. An older capture dies in 900 hours (37.5 real-time days) and the youngest captures die in 4,500 hours (187.5 real-time days).

Same with animals but all start at 1 month or something and then die in a typical life-span for that animal.

Frost Giants can be eternal. :smiley:

1 Like

That is an absolutely insane idea and I gave you a like for the sheer insanity :rofl:

Maybe characters could age too while we’re at it. Better build your base quick before you get too old to carry rocks!

1 Like

That’s actually a good idea! But maybe aging would work differently from thralls. After all, they’re stuck in and part of that world and we’re only visiting it.

1 Like

Ok so we’ve worked out the solution to the OP’s complaint about the toughness of corrupted wolves is to institute an aging mechanic.

Sounds about right.

How did you get there from what I wrote? No, wrong. Are we gonna do the strawman thing? I hope not.

Relax mate, I’m just making a joke about the way forum discussions often go :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes