Weird fps changes depending on time of day * With pictures

Game mode: Online
Problem: Performance
Region: EU

Something strange I’ve noticed since a while back, and even tested a few times to be sure, is that the ingame framerate seems to change in the blink of an eye depending on the time ingame. Now I’m not talking about it being darker ingame which would reduce objects seen in the distance which would therefore give better performance. I’m talking about for example being inside a building, with the same lighting 24/7, and seeing the fps jump from 50 to 30 in 1 seconds with nothing changed within the field of view, and stay that way until a certain time in the evening and jumps back up. Makes 0 sense whatsoever

Click on picture to see frames on top right corner

Steps on how to reproduce issue:

1. Run the game
  2. wait until a certain time of evening, watch the fps go up
  3. wait until a certain time of morning, watch the fps go down
  4. profit.

This is what I experience and is terribly annoying, so far it’s almost fixed at 60fps and it’s bouncing between 16-60: @

Do you know if there’s a way to see the ingame time? so I can know at exactly which time the fps switches.

@suphomes short answer… Nope.

You can always place a tall tower of pillars somewhere open and look at the shadow they make against the background :slight_smile:

There used to be a map mod that was able to show the game time, and Pippi currenty can show it, so there are ways to see it… but I think it’s admin only sadly… unless there’sa console command that’s it’s useable by normal users, that is.

1 Like

@Leeux - Sundial… great idea. o7

1 Like

Exactly! :smile:

Though, I can’t remember if the moon casts shadows atm… If it doesn’t, then it will be useless at night time :frowning: