What about a monthly wipe on officials PVP?

We are discussing the option of having some new servers that would be wiped periodically.
There is no actual decision or plans yet, though, and I can’t make any promises that something will happen.

As someone pointed out above: There were Blitz servers during Early Access, but they turned out to be the least popular servers. That doesn’t mean we are not open to trying something similar in the future :slight_smile:

6 Likes

They said many times “no wipe”, it’s not the design of the game, and the promise with this game. changing that woud be a bad thing for players who play for initial promise.

But, having new server type with regular wipes for people who want this, it’s a good idea.

3 Likes

Good idea, new servers with monthly wipe. And solo if possible, no clan.

Then you have one month to be the king of the server :slight_smile:

And every month it is a new aventure, but it is a different playstyle.

1 Like

Give it a try just :slight_smile: Also mayhem servers should come back! Vanilla rates, vanilla raid times.

Have to link some kinda official response:

Original post

Which was already covered by @Tascha a few responses above on this very same thread.

2 Likes

Go away. There are plenty of empty servers around go play them. There would be no point in playing if the game constantly reset servers, yes try tried this server ruleset an noone played them so they dropped them.

2 Likes

Agreed no point in playing a sandbox game if it gets wiped every month if you have a job and family there really is no way you can collect everything in the game before it gets wiped again … I know to some this sounds cool but I’d bet that after the 4th or 5th wipe everyone’s would quit and go to a normal Official server because players will get tired of building the same thing and getting the same thing over and over again after each wiped … repeating things over and over again gets tiring and boring after a while

2 Likes

This is a massively flawed statement, there could be many other factors that resulted in people not playing on the wipe scheduled servers, I don’t know enough a bout it as I wasnt playing conan around that time, But I will say that just looking at other games having servers for games liek this that wipe is extremely popular, Rust one of the most popular survival titles wipe is a standar feature and all servers there wipe, on ARK the arkpocalypse monthly wipe serves were some of the most popular consistently, At the beggining of every wipe the player numbers on those servers would hit the max and reamin for about 2 weeks, they then die down as players wipe each other and fight, and by the final week there are only a hnadful left on them, but then the 5th week the server wipes and everyone is back to try again, it’s a great way to keep things fresh and I would love for conan to have similiar server types.

I find servers that don’t wipe to be unhealthy and creates players that are essentially ticking complaint time bombs, the type that never want to lose anything and when they inevitably lose something, as is the nature of these games either through player vs player means or technical issues, they are up in arms red in the face and call for blood in the streets.

Wiping servers should be the standard for all games like this in my opinion, non wiped servers should be for single player and private as it is anti-competitive. Telling people to play on dead servers as a substitute for wanting wiping servers is one of the dumbest things I have read today. Rather remove dead servers to make way for new servers that wipe.

Also saying there is no point to a wiping server is the same as saying there is no point to a non wiping server, you proived no reasons as to why you feel this way. Wiping a server allows players to start on an even playing ground each month and compete for dominance over a period of time, if you didnt manage to win this month you can try again the next. Unlike a never wiped server that once an alpha is established on is almost impossible as a new group to contest, that is anti competition and unhealthy in my opinion. That is why servers die, because one group takes over and unwittingly pushes every other group away. A wipe provides a clean slate. Not to mention some of us actually enjoy the early game as much as we enjoy the mid to late game. Not everyone just wants to sit in perpetual late game as a fat lazy alpha that now can’t be touched and has nothing to do but wallow in their useless wealth and dying server population… To me that is what truly makes the game become pointless

The thing is: Many want a wipe and are talking about monthly-wipes…

But they only want ONE wipe, because of the duped stuff… And not monthly wipes :wink:

And you sure Ark has fixed wipes? Because I only found some threads discussing about it… And normaly: New players want wipes, older one not. Figure out why :wink:

How do you know they really only want one wipe? I am one saying monthly wipe would be cool and I mean it, I want every month to be a fresh start on some servers, I’m not saying all servers must have it but the option to play on servers that do this would be a breath of fresh air. I would think the majority of people asking for monthly server wipes do mean and understand what they are asking for.

And yes my friend, I played ARK for a long time before discovering Conan, Not all ARK servers have monthly wipes and in fact majority of them don’t wipe, which is maybe wherer your confusion is coming in. But they have a server type that does do monthly wipe and it just so happens that the servers that do wipe are some of the most popular ones.

EDIT: and yes that is why I have always felt a non wiping server can be unhealthy, as it creates players like that which become long time established on a server and then become overly attached to in game assets and progress, they never learn to deal with the loss that a game like this can bring and so when that loss does inevitably come, they don’t know how to handle it and often it results in a massive freak out on the forums… this is not a healthy mindset. the expectation should never be that you will never lose your progress or have to start again. Especially not for games like this in an online competitive multiplayer focused setting.

Because people have something else todo, except playing Conan 24/7 and restoring every month your progress…

Just ask the majority of the “we want monthly wipe servers”…

I have no problem if Fc adds the Blizz PvP server again. But they removed them for a reason…

I have a full time job and only really get to play on weekends, yet I stil lwould love a monthly wipe. It would mean that I can find a server that is close to having been wiped and maybe no alpha has been established and play as a starter there when I have time, instead of having to be up against some group who do sit 24/7 and just accumulate more and more control over a server.

If anything a monthly wipe is better for players who don’t have much time to spend in game, it means you accept all progress is temporary and you become less attached to in game assets and progress which is healthy, you also don’t feel as much of a loss as everyone will get wiped eventually, and you constantly have an opportunity to try again the next month. Maybe works hectic one month and you have no time for conan, on a non wiping server that can be a death sentence, where as on a monthly wiping server you have no worries, you just dont get involved in the wip of the busy month and know you can instead still start out the next month when you have time and not be up against some clan of nolifers who have sat farming resources 24/7 for 8 months straight and will wipe you the night you build your first shack…

And like I said to other guy, there are reasons that they got removed, not just one reason, and those reasons likely have much more to them than assuming it’s just because players didnt like the monthyl wipe. Otherwise why would it work so well in other similar game titles?

EDIT: when you think about it the early game is like what a few days max, and thats if you are solo and not playing very often, so long as you arent wiped before you manage to get a foot hold. Worst part of early game in conan? in my opinion worst part is that you are often up against players who are not early game, and are able to stop you from ever reaching any shred of late game, with a server that has freshly wiped you actually can have a guarantee that everyone gets to be at early game at the same time, I know some people love the fresh noob vs established alpha masacre style of gameplay ( guess which side likes it more) but there are those who would really like to be able to compete with others on a more even playing ground where things like experience and skill can actually come more into play and the bias of “time spent on the server” can be minimized as much as possible.

EDIT: I also take it you are not advocating against them being added? I would hope that no one would be advocating against it, as no one is saying lets wipe all servers, instead people are just asking for a sever type to be added onto the already existing server types, in other words if you don’t like the idea then it wont even affect you at all as you just don’t have to play on those servers, and if they get added and bomb again and are removed then once again… IT HAS NO AFFECT ON YOU, it literally only affects those that want this. So I say lets have them and see how they go no?

Yeah yeah… I am not against it… I dont even play PvP… So why should I be against it. And I always tell people at reddit and here, that FC said if enough players want Blizz servers, FC will think about it.

My concern was/is: I doubt many really want monthly wipes, but only one big wipe to remove cheated/exploited items/weapons (which I understand too).

I see, I can understand where you are coming from with that

Well, before i toke a sabbatic year from the game to curb frustration I toke it on myself to reach lvl 60 on as many official servers as possible, as I came back this month I found all my characters on those server fully deleted and have to start all over again.
Hypocrisy at best. So I’d rather play a “rust-like” montly wipe than be fooled again, at least i know at the end of the month I’ll be wiped.

1 Like

Exactly my point, Its all about expectation, It is a lot easier to swallow loss of progress if it is upfront and expected. Instead of just sprung up on you.

1 Like

Oh I understand what your saying I don’t play PvP I tried it but it wasn’t for me and went back to PvE … so from what I read I think this monthly wipe is basically you guys just want to build a small base not really collect anything and just fight it out not sure that’s for me but if a lot of players want this then I’m not against it

You want a fresh server to play on but you wanna wipe a populated server so you can start fresh, what about the people that have many hours invested on a server perhaps thats the only reason the server has a population. Start playing on a server that has no population that is just the same as a wiped server, piss off about trying to wipe full servers just so it suits your playstyle.

Nobody want to wipe populated servers, they will be wiped anyway at the next big dupe.
What people are saying is that some people don’t like to play “minecraft for grownups” and want to play medieval rust, murdermurdermurder fasterfasterfaster, and don’t care to make pretty buildings. That’s all.