What do you think about removing/slowing down any form of antidote application from the game?

If everyone abuses poison you can spend points in survival.
You gain some form of immunity to negative effects, it might sound like it hurts cause you gotta spend those points but its not, you got more chance to stay alive.

I tried this on on my server, they can’t get to me if I poke them with spear (at the right time) and if they do it doesn’t hurt that much. But I play on PvE-C I guess the PvP player base on that server is more likely being newb.

Anyway, if they nerf something related to poison, it waiting for the next OP everyone wants to get nerfed.
I hate nerfing they better start buffing again, and focus more on counterplay for certain meta’s if you ask me.

But what’s the difference between being immune to poison for an hour from a potion, immune because of the vault armour, or immune because you have 20 antidotes and they instantly cleanse it? I think it’s a good idea, because you can still die from other damage or effects, and when you do, you’ve lost your poison immunity until you re-kit.

Well yeah. But this has been a thing for years. I remember watching duels on a server I was on in 2019, back when people healed with haunches and aloe soup. They went for ages. And the one who lost, usually lost because they ran out of Set pots first.

1 Like

My suggestion does not nerf poison. It buffs it.

Buffing ALWAYS nerfs something else as a side effect. Even if you would buff all weapons to do 10% more damage to NPCs, it still nerfs PvE and makes it easier, because the side effect would be that thralls do more damage to NPCs as well because of the added +10%.

There are always 2 sides of the coin, even when you are only buffing. And the more complex the game, the more side effects you can get.

2 Likes

NO. The game needs to get rid of these kind of stuff. We dont need stuff that slows down the game even more.

1 Like

Why weapon animations then? Just whoever clicks first at the opponent wins, the other character explodes.

Jokes aside: giving animation is okay, but maybe (wild idea incoming:) a bit of refresh of the attribute system:

• Spending points in agility should speed up animations (only ANIMATIONS, not character movement at all!), like 0.2% per points. So at max. 50 points you would be 10% faster in combat.
  • Spending points in grit should speed up climbing/swimming/jumping/running by 0.1% per point. So at max 50 points you would move 5% faster.

Or switched. Just a wild idea, but in my opinion would be a cool addition, would make encounters more “exciting” for the ones who thinks the combat is slow and boring right now.

2 Likes

I like it when attributes play a bigger role. Hence my suggestion to buff Survival with changes to antidotes.

IMO I would even go so far that you also gain weapon type proficiency based on the attributes. 2h Hammer/2h Axe/2H Sword damage is influenced by Strength as it is right now, but Pikes/Daggers/Katana are Agility based weapons, 1h Swords/Maces/Axes are ENC based weapons etc.

2 Likes

I believe it is simulating both daggers applying the effect.

2 Likes

Be surprised how effect8ve 40 survivak builds are agianst zerg clans. They all use feroxic and dont really know how to fight. once they realize they arent stack poison killing you they tend to run away scared. I agree survival should be more involved at the higher perks in pvp.

2 Likes

Really isn’t this thread more about how to make survival more useful? Eating raw food…drinking half as much…are you kidding me? Comparing that to 100% extra concussive damage and half fall damage, it’s just not in the same league. Because the first two perks are crap the last perks better be significantly better than other 3rd and 4th tier perks.

5 Likes

Yeah the raw food is great…until you hit 3rd Vit perk and realize raw food doesnt really hurt, outside no heal until effect stops. And water usage is basically only a small nuisance without the 2nd perk in surv.

A animation for a set pot would further kill this game.

2 Likes

Even then, it only reduces water usage from water skins.
It doesn’t slow dehydration or make any other source better. It’s a paltry boost to a largely obsolete item.

1 Like

I agree a useless perk.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.