Deadlock: (also known as hang or hard freeze) Possible association with location polling

I’m sorry, but your problem is way too different from mine.

I get the periodic hard freeze where I am required to reboot the computer. Overall, it rarely happens. (Twice since 2.5 and I log in daily.)

Only able to see the windows menu screen so restarting the computer is not an issue. Only mentioning it since it does happen but not too concerned about it.

Whether it’s widespread or not is pure speculation without any numbers. The only way for Funcom to get those numbers is to report the bugs. People who quit playing the game without reporting the bug are well within their rights to do so, but that doesn’t make this whole issue anything more than guesswork.

Suspecting your hardware and/or your system configuration is perfectly reasonable diagnostic procedure in absence of any hard data.

Yeah, I get that you’re frustrated. It sucks not to be able to play the game. But I also don’t see how anyone can even try to help you without data. So either you want help and should work with people asking you questions and giving you advice, or you don’t want help and you just came to vent and everyone should leave you to it.

Which is it?

3 Likes

Believe me CodeMage, I’ve been down that road and it has cost me plenty of money because of ill advised second hand guesswork with unnecessary, unneeded “upgrades” to hardware. I’ve even taken this PC to professionals to have them look into this. They could not find any issue with my hardware or software.
This issue started after the release of the North and Jungle Biomes. It doesn’t matter which map you’re on. It happens on Isle of Siptah also. It happens randomly and it will lock up the Windows Processes with no escape except to do a hard reboot. It can’t generate any related data because it affects the Widows Process.
People did complain about it, but were either ignored or ill treated the same way I’ve been treated by elitist snobs who apparently have been fortunate enough to have not been suffering the same issue.
This is NOT a SPAM post. It is an ongoing issue that needs to be addressed.
This isn’t the Testive Version, this is the release version and no mods (whatsoever) have ever been used.
People have quit and uninstalled this game after the first time this event happened. Anyone in their right mind would uninstall a “defective” product after the first incident of this magnitude. Why should they bother reporting it. Even if FC got their money it still means loss of future revenue and more loss of money because of a “thumbs down” for any referrals for new customers. Someone “up there” should have realized this.

But that’s just it. No hard data can be gathered simply because it also locks up the Windows Process. A lot of people don’t have the same patience I’ve had with putting up with this. I may be one of the few remaining who still experience it because I’ve had more than enough patience and faith in those who made this game.
No hardware update, no software update and no amount of money spent on hardware “upgrades” has had any affect on this random issue. I’ve already spent several hundred dollars (U.S. currency) to well over $1000 above the $1200 cost of building this PC myself in trying suggested and intuitive “fixes”. How can FC fix it if the very same issue does not affect them? They can’t unless they also experience it.
If they wanted my PC to see this for themselves, I’d gladly ship it to them. But you know what? I don’t think they’ll go there with me because they’re preoccupied with other apparently more pressing concerns and I see those matters all over this forum and in the Steam Forums.
Do I want to vent? Simple answer is no. But I don’t care for people hammering me with attitudes. If I didn’t have this issue, I would be a happy little clam nestled away in my little corner of the world. But I’ve allowed myself to get into this up to my neck and I’m not about to simply drop it and let it fade away.

Now if you’ll excuse me,
I’ve personally got other more pressing real world matters to attend to.
I’m sure you do too as well.

1 Like

Bingo! Which is why these problems persist. However, the info you provided in your latest post should still be useful. Now everyone who looks at it will also know that:

• you’ve had the PC looked over by professionals and they couldn’t find anything wrong with the hardware or software
  • it started after the release of the Frozen North and the jungle

Other details devs might care about are:

• your GPU
  • your drivers version
  • whether it happens if you play the game without BattlEye
1 Like

Thank you. I appreciate that.

1 Like

one thing to make certain - I’ve had issues with CE and the task manager after changing over to win10 when that issue with the inventory causing the game to crash was going around recently. Something was blocking the task manager from being shown over the game window for what ever reason when opening it with ctrl-alt-del.

You could try ctrl - shift - esc, and in the options menu make sure that ‘Always on Top’ is checked.

EDIT: just to rule out the possibility that it may not be a hard lock rather than just windows being windows. When it first started happening to me I was having to do restarts as well and thought the game was making the system lock up.

3 Likes

Good info.

I’ve tried them all. Very rarely was the Windows button + X able to call up the power user window and then be able to initiate the task manager to end the “not responding” process. But 98% of the time, it was a hard lock condition with no recourse but to power down and reboot.
Granted, this system isn’t the “latest and greatest” top line , poo poo “recommended” such as a Ryzen Vega high dollar rig. But it was and still is more than adequate and capable setting comfortably high on the graphics scale before and since the expansions came out. It’s just the hard lock issue began after the first expansions.

Even my old server rig running dual opterons had no issues running this before it perished before the updates and expansions.
This system is a gigabyte 990 FXA UD3-R5 mobo with 32GB Ripjaws RAM, and a Samsung 860 EVO SSD, it’s a water cooled AMD FX 9590 running on a new “Platinum” rated power supply. With an AMD FX5500 XT 8GB dedicated card. Windows 10 PRO (Full Retail) latest update. Drivers are up to date as necessary when applicable. More specifically, BIOS settings are using defaults and no changes were made since that was updated. No overclocking because it is unnecessary and not even needed.
It has affected only this client. It did not affect the rented server I was using. Still it occurs playing this game solo either on the Exiled Lands or Isle of Siptah. (since I’ve shut the server down).

There was a brief time when it began affecting this system while playing a different game. But following Windows updates resolved the issue involving that game. However, although the Windows Updates did not resolve the issue while playing this game, the issue seemed to occur less frequently until additional updates to this game renewed the increased random frequency at which it occurs. Believe me, it’s been infuriating enough to uninstall this game more then twice as it has pushed my patience. Still, here I am after having installed it again a third time (or 4th time) and damn it all, the issue persists.

Tell me that isn’t a programming conflict issue.

I just hope someone with deep programming experience can get to the bottom of this and maybe point the people who made this game in the right direction.

2 Likes

Yeah, sucks cause you seem to really like the game when you do get to play. Have you tried doing a stress test? Start with all video in game settings on low and slowly ramp up until you get the freeze. May be a work around until something definitive is figured out.

I’ve put this rig through various stress tests as well as various scan and repair functions. All of them run via the Windows Admin Command Line function per advice of the Windows 10 community.
If it had found the issue through that process, I’d be happy because it means I could have fixed it.
But it’s no dice. What’s going on is deeper than what I can understand because these windows functions don’t scan (and repair) installed applications that are not of Windows origin such as this game.

Gotcha. I feel lucky I only have issues on heavily modded privates or 9ver built servers. Things I can avoid. Again, hope some tech head figures it out beyond get a better PC advice.

2 Likes

I appreciate that.
Thank you.

2 Likes

Also, side note. I get alot of flags, but I try not to disparage people from posting thier opinion or issues. If I ever come across as judgey, please let me know. I really want more players that enjoy the game, yet don’t live vicariously through it. You sound like a player I would love to clan up with if you ever get consistent play time and machine cooperation.

Just on a hunch, have you tried playing the game without BattlEye?

1 Like

Frankly, there is a reason it was installed by the developers.
I don’t mess with it.

But surely that reason was to act as an ‘anti-cheat’ (successful or not)? I really don’t have the knowledge here, but I’m not sure I see why removing it would be a risk? (For what it’s worth, I’ve never even installed it, since I have no desire to play on official servers.) I imagine trying to play on officials with it removed wouldn’t work - but for testing purposes, would it not be a relatively simple thing to eliminate, just in case? Or am I missing something that makes it far more important to smooth running than I had understood?

The only thing about it that concerned me was whether or not it would affect me if I ever went into Admin mode to use those functions. From that aspect, it never had an adverse effect.
I am certain if it were to do so, it would have intervened the moment I used any Admin function.
It hasn’t before the first expansions and hasn’t since those expansions.

1 Like

Looks like im solve some lag and freezing for myself.Just build new computer.In old my SSD wos 250 gb so i install Conan to HD.When move in game-game need some data from HD and i get lag and freeze sometimes.In new computer game installed in superfast SDD in M2 slot.So responce is wery good