What is going on with official servers?

, ,

Servers have had issues since early early access.
Every dev update they say they are working on performance issues and it gets worse every patch.
Dont need 1000 people or 100 people, just competent people.

Also it shouldnt take hours upon hours to get a server restarted which for the moment is the best tempoary fix, we know this because when you can get gportal to restart them they work again at least until the next day.
And it takes 1 person from funcom to contact gportal with a list of servers to restart. Again that doesnt take hours each day to do.

1 Like

You cant restart server without reason. They have to check whats wrong with server, where is problem and solve it for future. Its not easy like you talking

1 Like

Well you can, because the past week we have been messaging gportal for them to restart the server and they do it and BOOM everything works again.

And i would say that the servers being down, unable to connect too or when they are up and just before they go down having nothing work is a good enough reason to restart the server.

Yes its not a fix hence why i said its the best temporary fix.

You know, maybe have people playing on the servers rather than then being down for 5 hours most days.
Funcom know there is issues they can monitor the situation while the servers are actually running.

Dont come in here saying to give them a chance they have had the chances since early access.
Dont claim you cant restart a server without a reason, claiming that nothing working and no one being able to connect is not a valid reason. Especially when it has been proven to get everything back and working.

1 Like

Our server exploded

1 Like

Yeah I’ve been watching here and at Steam.

During the end of EA we had a guy on my server who would come by my place deliberately at 2pm my time and punch my dancer. It would lock the server, which at that time was entering Raid. I watched, and this same guy would go to an EU server and harass them, then elsewhere. Point being, if there are ways to down the thing somebody will find it, and this is how it looks to me until I can find one definitive cause with my own eyes.

From what I hear, some exploit hunters are narrowing down on what might be the cause, and whether it’s deliberate. Ordinarily I’d be more incensed about this, but I’m focused on TestLive and PS4 play so it hasn’t affected me personally. I’m sorry for your downtime. :frowning:

Hey everybody,

As you all currently aware, we are investigating this issue and we would like to ask if you could provide us with some information regarding this issue. In particular, we would really appreciate if you could let us know:

Name of your server:
Time it crashed (or usually does):
Is it recurrent?:
Do you experience issues prior to the crash? (ie. being unable to hit mobs, etc):

Thank you all for your feedback, and we apologize for the frustration this situation is causing.

my fps = 60
server 1516’s FPS = 3

my ping speedtest dot net = 18
the servers ping = 400 to 800 as i am writting this.

1 Like

Asian PVP server 1336 has been unable to play for all players two days in a row now. Every player on the server is reporting in general chat the same issue of they are unable to do damage or take damage to/from NPC as well as we are all unable to harvest anything using tools. The only features working on the server for two days in a row now has been manually picking up items, map room portals, and the crafting stations. It has been great for collecting as many pets as you want unmolested however it’d be really great if we could just play the game instead. I have both screen shots and videos to prove it.

I have noticed on the few servers i have played on (official PVP) that when people start throwing up massive sandstone structres, i start getting more and more lag. Along with pets being spammed.

3 Likes

Name of your server: 1940, 1942 PVE-C Official
Time it crashed (or usually does): through the day at different times.
**Is it recurrent?:**Yes
Do you experience issues prior to the crash? (ie. being unable to hit mobs, etc: unable to hit mobs and they don’t hit me, unable to harvest anything and once the lag stops I can hit or harvest. Roughly 10 to 30 seconds later it crashes. Sometimes unable to relog.

2 Likes

4:00pm eastern time. Pattern. No harvest No pvp. Can’t defend against a purge. 1518 PVE-C. Can’t do anything.

2 Likes

Yesterday no one could harvest anything.
Today it crashed and no one could connect for over 3 hours. It went back up for a short period then crash again and haven’t been able to log in to the server again.
I have used all the forms to report an issue.
Despite submitting over 200 forms I have yet to receive a response and obviously the server is still broken.
What action can customers take to compel a paid service to provide services promised??

you must ping the server IP, :slight_smile: to have a accurate test and i think paping will let you ping the port as well

1 Like

There’s a lot of garbage happening on official PVP servers. the lag in combat is unbearable and many are finding ways to use this to their advantage. Roll in place then die to invisible mobs or players killing you from 20 feet away with melee hits. Or players hitting you without their melee animations playing. It seems like a combination of in game lag and bad client/server connections that should not be tolerated. Region locking is a joke and players can get away with lag switching or high latency connections. its complete BS. Then there’s the issue of no build limits that mean lots of in game lag for players who encounter ridiculously massive bases/structures.

2 Likes

After the morning reset it is perfect. Smooth sailing. Not an issue at all. Its during prime time where we seem to get hit the hardest with lag and the bugs mentioned above.

1 Like

EU #1035 is down for quite a while. if its not a maintenance you should probably check it out. Thanks in advance!

1 Like

same on 1518 pve-c

1 Like

:slight_smile: i don’t want to sound like a ■■■■■■■ but don’t you think this problem shod be fix by now ? Like you all ready know this problem has started with new new DLC that is a long time ago guys…

I think it’s not only officials servers.
On Saturday problems started also on my private server: sinking into foundations (toons, thralls, pets), immortality, unable to interact with items, lag. All players are reporting those issues.
I restarted server several times since then but it helps only for some time. Even after restart we have lags and sinking into foundations till knees.

server [PL] Turbogroszkowo - BabaGra.PL

On an upnote 1518 was working very well last evening. I logged in at 6:30 pm eastern time and experienced minimal issues