What is the point of >T1 Building pieces in PvE?

PvE is mainly about the building experience and then the gaming - or role play if that’s the thing. Whether T1, T2, or T3 in PvE, it is about the look of it. Players can mix and match and make the most amazing, winning builds. Throw in some mods and its even better. I cannot comment on Official PvE as I don’t play on Official servers as they seem to attract ‘issues’ shall we say. I stick to private servers that are actively and fairly moderated by Admin(s).

Regarding the damage to any build tiers within the Maelstrom? Well, as anyone that has gone through the fun of Exiled Lands, unless a server has an active admin (completely impractical or feasible on official), abusive players will just spam-build around all the key map areas and block access. The bigger you build in the Maelstrom, the nastier the beasties that spawn. The max levels are walking siege weapons and demolish anything. That is not a fault, it is a feature. It stops anyone block building in that strategic area.

Funcom could have blocked all building near the Tower. Instead they made the inspired move to allow it, but make it progressively harder to keep that build. Eventually any and all structures, no matter the tier, will be destroyed unless maintained continually (if the spawned creatures don’t break it, the damage from the Maelstrom itself will ‘decay’ it over time.

To summarise: T1 Flotsam is easy to build, has a lovely sailor/castaway look, and as easy to knock down as Sandstone. Stormglass, like Black Ice and Reinforced Brick, is T3 and not so easy. Both build materials look amazing and work well (in my opinion the new armours and Stormglass are somewhat ‘steampunk meets Hannibal Lecter/Dracula’).

[I am looking forward to seeing the base showcases players have made out there - both mega-structures and small builds. Would love to see PvE’s where villages and towns have been set up too]

1 Like

For us means pve we can build everything, so we do :wink:

The mainbuilding is an argossanian domus, horsestable is an mix of tier 2 isolated wood and t3 stableparts, rhinostable is turanian, the animal pens are standing on an mix of tier 2 and t3 arenaparts…

I´m thinking about to include black ice :thinking:

and so on

1 Like

It has no purges for a reason, no desert area to talk of , no reason for a purge, no reason to add a broken purge to an island that has its own surge, its new and how nice is it to not need 100 thralls for base defense other then if you build in the storm. New map new things, embrace them. lol

I think your missing the fact that we have been embracing them, this forum is for feedback

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.