What is with this game and BDSM armor?

question
suggestion

Yep. Noticed…and yes…it is a really interesting bump thread with a (1) One person in a 100% Singular ‘Blinders On’ focus. LOL!!! Entertaining, enraging, Wait, What?, Really?, Ohhh my!!!, Huh?, Coooommmme Onnnnnn!, sheesh…postings. Cannot WAIT to see what happens NEXT! LOL!!! :joy::rofl::smiley::smile::grin:

And this! To several Male thralls on their knees whilst my Female Master does…

you do realize it is after the movie and not some “don’t offend me” mod from today’s society.

I love armor design of this game, so different from the hypocritical average american game where you can dismember people left and right but oh! boobs, omg, some kid can go insane!!!

And of course in those games not a centimeter of skin is revealed but every female wears a bodysuit-like armor and goes into battle with high heels… and every male wears encasing masculine all encompassing ironman like armours… well THAT ruins my immersion.

The armors are consistent with the game lore, give a perfect feel of primitive civilizations and not middle ages ones. Not to mention that in middle ages only few had full plate, and they where used mostly in turnaments.

There’s so many games that fulfill the imposed american pseudo-puritan culture, plase leave this alone and uninstall if you don’t like/feel offended by the armors.

A friend and I had a conversation about how many people get so easily offended by things that, really, isn’t even an issue. You remind me of them.

I never thought the armor looked BDSM, I just thought they were sexy and reading the descriptions of different styles makes it even more immersive for me, and I’m female.

A dancing male, in dancer gear, dancing in the savage, barbaric Exiled Lands, offends your fine sensibilities? Uninstall the game and play something else.
I think you’re just projecting, man.
Maybe confront your own fetishes, and not be such a prude.

I remember at a certain point in the development of The Secret World the cash shop exploded with all of these hyper-skimpy, BDSM clothes and costumes. Heck there was a BDSM outfit with a pig head. I wonder what that time in TSW’s development and Conan Exiles have in common?

Unsurprisingly, I disagree with OP wholeheartedly.

In fact, I think this game could use more nipple rings and butt-cheek armor :smirk: Bring it on, Funcom.

Good evening and welcome. May I direct you to our workshop section in Steam? Tonight, we have a fine selection of mods ranging from “Conan Sexiles” to “Shaved and Oiled”, to really anything your heart could ever desire. :heart:
We hope you enjoy your time here and find what you’re looking for.

The armor is definitely geared towards trying to be sexy, not proper to their use. It still boggles my mind how the skimpier the armor, the warmer it makes you?!?!?!?!

I disagree with the concept that the armor is designed to resemble bondage in a sexual manor. Piercing the flesh and being suspended is a ritual that is used by natives of the Americas. It proves worth, either in reaching the state of manhood or enlightenment depending on the tribe.

Armor was designed to protect points that would bleed freely if penned, think major arteries, and points of mobility, like feet, lower legs, and forearms. The backside was never considered important enough to cover (protect.) Covering the nose and mouth is not a form of BDSM, it is protection against dust and damaging airborne materials (glass dust.)

Perhaps it would help for you if you research armor history. Then, your mind will think protection first and sexual at the last.

^ This. Anyone who classifies the armor in this game as “BDSM armor” has a very limited understanding of both BDSM and armor. Now, if I ever see an exile strapped to a mysteriously mobile St. Andrew’s Cross…

For BDSM armor look at Voldo from Soul Calibur…

You are a savage!!! :):joy:

That made my day!

I’m prety much in agreement with this. I never understood how people can be ok with gore and blood, but freak out when some skin is exposed.

Murrican Christian values. Just look at the movie ratings. People getting killed left and right, gore everywhere, explosions and killing all around. Ratings 16. Some Nipple showing? 18+ only and People complaining about this everywhere.