What’s a good pc for Conan Exiles?

For like a whole year maybe, I’ve wanted to get a PC for CE, but I didn’t know where to start or how expensive it would be.
I’ve wanted upgraded graphics and the main pull for me has always been the mods. The mods!! Things people do is just so freaking cool.
So what PCs would be a good fit for this game and be kinda cheap, too?

There is a chart of recommended specs here. You can refer to that for some info.

If you’re looking to make mods, that isn’t really hardware intensive. As far as playing the game, for example, I’ve got a Ryzen 7 1700x, 16GB of RAM and an RX 480, and the game defaults to high settings across the board. Put out for an M.2 drive and you’ll be glad you did later on.

If you took some time and did homework you could probably go under $800 pretty easy, and if you got prebuilt you could probably get something that would work great for well under $1000. Cheaper if you’re not looking to be on the highest settings. Or go online and check out secondhand stuff, people sell gaming PC’s for pretty cheap because the hardware moves so fast.

1 Like

I also don’t know computer specs either. lol.

Then it depends on how much you want to learn :grin:

Honestly, you can get pretty good prebuilt systems from Newegg or similar places for good prices. Then you have the benefit of warranty and support. Check here, for example. Any of those systems would work great. Just keep in mind you still need a monitor and accessories.

1 Like

Another option is to visit PCPartPicker.com and use the System Builder tool; it knows what parts and cases are compatible with what. You’ll want to make certain to select a component for each category, though you can omit optional ones like Optical Drive, Software, Monitor, and External Storage if you want. The essential components (if you’re not familiar with building a system) will be the CPU, CPU Cooler, Motherboard, Memory, Storage, Video Card, Case, Power Supply, and Operating System.

The nice thing is, you can view at-a-glance, user ratings, prices at various retailers (Amazon, New Egg, etc.) and see the estimated wattage of all the components once assembled (useful for knowing what size Power Supply you need). It’s exactly how I built the PC that I’m playing on right now just 2 weeks ago. Example: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/zdcLzY

Additionally, they also have lists of completed builds that others have done, so you could have a look at those to get some ideas too.

1 Like

What about this? https://www.youtube.com/user/FireSpark8I/about?disable_polymer=1
First thought was to go to Firespark81’s channel for PC specs. Wasn’t for any particular reason.
What’s this cost?
I also found this through your link. https://www.newegg.com/p/N82E16883289027?Item=N82E16883289027

$2000? I’m gonna have to pass on that, chief. lol

The specs on the one you linked are fine, you’d probably be able to play on med-high or high with that. Firespark has good specs, but his processor is an older one that is hard to find and you can get more bang for your buck now.

If you feel adventurous you can get more for the money sometimes with building it yourself, that’s where PCPartsPicker comes in. It’s just some extra work and you don’t get the system warranty, but it’s a lot of fun.

1 Like

Well it’s just an example so you can see what I’m talking about. You could use it to try reprising that system you linked to above (for example) to see if you could do the price better.

Try it out to see what you can build within your budget, it can be fun and informative in and if itself IMO. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Thanks for the help guys! Appreciate the input. I’m sure affording it won’t be a big issue, but getting the okay to buy it from mom will be a different story. lol.
It’ll take some convincing.

Your mom is buying your PC? How old are you? Conan is adult only… (18+)

1 Like

Get a job and earn your own money. Not trying to troll you, but it’s seriously a whole lot more enjoyable that way.

1 Like

Don’t listen to them. I wish I had a mom who would buy me a new PC. All mine does is tell her friends how much I don’t call her anymore.

I don’t think anybody wants to give an endorsement on PCs here, and since you’re not looking at actual specs individually, you seem like you want a kit solution. As in, which one to buy. I can give you some basic guidelines: we’re coming into Prime season for computer discounts. If you are willing to receive a PC from last Black Friday, you will be able to get a computer that was and still is very capable of playing CE at a fraction of the cost.

For example, two BTO (build to order) brands in particular, ABS and Cyberpower, both drive incredible incentives this time of year. In fact, a machine that was specced for a client’s gameroom that sold for $1,299 at Christmas, 2018, was up-until-recently available at select online retailers starting at about $585 plus shipping. It runs CE at Ultra, has a 1TB SSD, 16GB RAM, higher-end (but lower-brand) graphics card. By now this client has put in more RAM and another SSD so he could produce videos. Make sure to look at “Christmas in July” bundles.

2 Likes

Oh hey I’d love it if mine bought me one too, but I’d hate to have to ask her for it, y’know? Anyway, sorry I’ll stop derailing the thread now. I can fully agree with Barnes that you get excellent value-for-money by taking two steps away from the bleeding edge. My PC got a new GPU a couple of years ago and a new main drive (SSD) last year, but is otherwise some seven years old, and it works perfectly well. I think I have all settings at Ultra, too.

2 Likes

I don’t know what your specs are…you might just need to upgrade a couple components.

If you have an older pc and you’re just ready to upgrade the whole thing, the more money you can spend, the better gear you’ll get. I’ve been a big fan of ASUS, Corsair, and Western Digital products for years. My old gaming pc is an ASUS system over 10 years old and can still run these newer games. I recently ran diagnostic software on it and it’s golden…not a thing wrong. These days I retired it to server duty. Whatever you do, do a good amount of research before you buy.

Hope this helps.

2 Likes

Yes to all of those! I’d also add Samsung for SSDs.

2 Likes

No, I’m gonna buy the PC. And I’m 23. I live with her to make sure she is of good health and keep her company.

And I do have a job. I’m a bus boy at a seafood restaurant on Fri/Sat nights.

Ah that’s good. I just hate kids that get everything they want from their parents.

1 Like

Same. lol