What would you like to see added to the game? (Encore!)

Constrained sorcery - no fireballs or anything like that, but focused on defense. Conan stories involved hypnosis and summoning and things of that nature.

A hairdresser! - either at Flotsam or Sepermeru or at a crafting station (a blurry mirror placeable perhaps?); just some way to change hairstyle and facial hair (maybe trim the eyebrows a bit…)

Darfari Faux Taxidermy - give us a way to make static thralls that can act as armor dummies or stand in fixed poses to populate bases outside of the thrall max. If they cant move, the server may not care so much…

Obese/skinny characters - yes our characters all have nice bods, but it would be nice to get a little funky. Have a schlong a mile long feels like impropriety is out the window… let us have that muffin top that no other game allows

Food placeables - my tables are barren and my cups runneth empty.

Awesome dungeon in the UC Mega-Crack - I know that big crack is there for a reason and if there’s not a YUGE dragon in there, it better be a manatee…

5 Likes

Hey there, would love to see Proper fishing with poles. Weapons and tools that actually attach to your character, shields on back, swords on hip or back…etc… Boats that can traverse the rivers or rafts you can build on.

5 Likes

Firstly, let me just say, you guys opened up the biggest can of worms by asking us this, and I love you for it. These are in no particular order, aside from turning animations, and optimization of the netcode/game being a priority for me personally. I don’t want to look like a mannequin wearing heelies anymore :slight_smile:

• Optimization of the new animations that have been added with the addition of turning animations for humans (apparently, horses know how to turn :horse:). I made this thread about turning animations that took off for a bit - Turning Animations . Fun Fact - Back in 1996, Mario had a turning animation in Super Mario 64, a chunk of Conan’s player pop probably wasn’t even born yet.

• Further optimization of the game to improve the netcode, and server load. There was great progress made on that a year ago, and I’d love to see that continue.

• A new map, I think we’re due for it. I’d honestly pay for map packs along with the armor/building dlcs. Maybe a larger new map to better take advantage of mounts with?

• Further fleshing out of the vanilla building pieces (non-dlc) - I’d love to see some more building options for tier 2, and tier 1. I’d also love to see archways and other building pieces found in the DLC added to the base game pieces.

• Continued Armor/Building DLC with an emphasis on the cultures that have remained untouched in Hyboria. Zingara, Aesir/Vanir, Cimmeria, Shem, Koth, Stygia etc. Yes, we have some pieces for those in the vanilla game, but that didn’t stop them from giving us the Jewel of the West DLC!

• Sorcery, but the version that was originally tossed around as an idea. Have it rely on corruption, and be detrimental but powerful for the caster.

• Further work on the mount/thrall/pet system, so that we can control them properly. At the very least a passive option.

• Additional mounts, with some ideas. Larger mounts allowing for more than one rider, and also attachments for mounts, like the ability to pull siege weapons, or wagons for hauling goods.

• Whisper/Shout options for voip, I know that Vivox programming allows for that sort of capability, I’d love to see it make it into the game as a vanilla feature

That’s really all I’ve got for now, I’m just glad development for the game is still happening, and I’m excited about 2020 for Conan.

4 Likes
  1. Thrall AI improvements (many excellent suggestions already posted).
  2. Default crafting UI for weapons/armor shows stats when item is selected (tired of referring to my feats for numbers and I shouldn’t need a mod for this. Will help newbies greatly)
  3. Sorcery (even if “spells” end up being craftable “weapons” that require X corruption to use and decay quickly “per use” as a way to prevent overuse).
  4. Oh man, that settlement feature mentioned in EA was one of the reasons I signed up.
  5. Food placeables.
  6. A way to dress crafting thralls (how bout a crafting station called a wardrobe that you can place a crafting thrall in that gives you the equip UI and also allows you to give your Smelter II a new name?)
  7. A level 7 purge difficulty setting: NPC’s use horses, siege weapons, and CLIMB.
  8. Craftable armor alterations to provide custom temperature resistances (Fur Lining Patches to increase cold resist - Linen Lining patches to improve heat resist).
  9. A level 8 purge difficulty setting: Angry Avatar smites your puny base.
  10. Elephant and Rhino mounts.
  11. Unused thralls can only be placed in cages, with appropriate visuals to see if a cage is occupied, by what, and how many.
  12. Mounts AND Thralls following together, mass hysteria!
  13. Dragging while mounted. Or the RDR2 method. Either way.
  14. Gore switch. Not for me, but for my fellow players.
  15. Enemy hitbox refinement.
  16. Less lame dances. I want my dancers to seduce!
  17. Default directional arrow on all building pieces.
  18. More merchants.
  19. A use for spoiled gruel lol.
  20. More T1/T2 structures.
  21. Bug fixes. This, oh this so much.
5 Likes

A new biome. I know you said no. But you said no to horse and look at us now :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Okay, here are my ideas, organized in three tiers.

Incremental Improvements

These should, hopefully, be doable without upsetting the game too much:

• Followers immune to lava and fall damage. Since AI and path-finding will never be bug free – no program beyond “Hello, World” is – it would be nice if we didn’t risk losing all the effort sunk into a follower just because of a glitch.
  • Secondary follower bonuses for strength and accuracy. Right now, strength only gives melee damage bonus and accuracy only gives ranged damage bonus. This ends up making certain follower perks truly unfortunate. If these attributes had secondary bonuses, such as the ones I proposed elsewhere, this would turn these perks into a source of interesting decisions and give new depth to follower leveling.
  • Purge balancing and fixes. Right now, a newbie clan with a sandstone base on the newbie river can get wiped out by a Sobek Purge without even knowing what’s what. Meanwhile, if you build inside the volcano, you might get a pretty tame Beast Tamer purge, made even easier by the fact that half the waves spawn (and die) inside lava. While we’re talking about Purge fixes, the new Purge types seem more like a proof of concept than a finished feature. I like where they’re going, but if we could take the mechanics difficulty progression between waves from the old Purges and apply it to the new “zergling swarm” Purges, that would be great :wink:
  • Armor stands. Being able to put our armors on display would be very welcome.
  • Saddle racks. Same as weapon racks, shield racks and armor stands, but for saddles.
  • Auto-run for mounts. Make the auto-run not disengage when steering the horse, opening inventory, looking at the map, or typing in chat.
  • Dyeing saddles. Self-explanatory.
  • Opening gates while mounted. Self-explanatory.
  • NPC title bars visible while mounted. Right now, being able to see what NPC is standing right in front of your horse is kinda like winning the lottery. Okay, a bit more likely than winning the lottery, but not by a very long shot.
  • De-lobotomize the AI. Right now, it’s a coin toss whether your follower will do its work or go into Microsoft Clippy mode: “Hey, it looks like you’re fighting an enemy! Let me get between the two of you and just stand there!” “Hey, it looks like you killed a foe! I’m going to keep hacking at where it was, just in case it’s not completely dead!” “Hey, it looks like you’re swarmed by 5 enemies! I’m going to keep backing away step by step, because it looks cool!” Okay, that last one is more like Claptrap from Borderlands than Clippy. And then there are times when you bring a pet and it flings you off a cliff or humps your back affectionately. Can we, uh, do something about this stuff? :wink:
  • Elevator thralls. Allow players to put thralls on elevators to make them go faster. The higher the tier, the faster the elevator goes.

Ambitious Additions

These are the things I hope we might see, even though they might require more work and have deeper ramifications inside the game:

• Decorative thralls and pets. Allow players to place thralls and pets that perform idle animations just like followers, but have no AI and cannot participate in combat. On servers without building damage, they’re invulnerable. On servers with building damage, they can be damaged just like any other placeable. They don’t defend themselves, they don’t react, they’re just decorations.
  • Purge attractors. Allow players to perform some kind of activity that makes their Purge meter fill faster. It’s okay to have the Purge meter fill slowly enough to avoid wiping out newbies who haven’t learned about it yet and to avoid solo players having to worry about frequent Purges. But when you’re the only active player in your clan and you want the challenge of the Purge, you have to make it your second job for a few days. Would be nice if you didn’t :wink:
  • Cosmetic armor slots. Add a second set of armor slots on the character paper doll. If filled, other players see you wearing armor in those slots, instead of your real armor, if they have their settings configured to see cosmetics. Give players three options in their settings: 1) always see cosmetics, 2) always see real armor, or 3) let it be controlled by the server. PVP and PVE-C servers would have it “always real” by default.
  • Dragging thralls while mounted. If I recall correctly, I think Alex said the team hasn’t been able to find a way to do this yet, but it sounds like there’s hope they might achieve it.
  • Follower sidekicks, not follower heroes. Make followers deal reduced damage only while following. I don’t like being a sidekick to my own thralls. Of course, this would mean bosses would have to be rebalanced accordingly.

Wild Wishes

Okay, these are the ones I dream of seeing someday, but I’m almost certain they won’t happen (some of these are mutually exclusive):

• Clan splits. Allow players to split the clan or leave the clan without losing ownership of their buildings and placeables. Yeah, no idea how to do that, but I believe in the dev team :smiley:
  • PVE-C claim totems. A placeable that changes the way buildings are protected from damage on PVE-C servers. The full proposal has been submitted in a separate thread.
  • PVE-C clan wars. A mechanism that allows one PVE-C clan (or unaffiliated player) to declare war on another, which would involve building damage. The full proposal has been submitted in a separate thread.
  • Artifacts. Everyone makes mistakes, even game designers. When a legendary item is introduced, it might severely unbalance the game. At this point, the usual solution is a straight-up nerf. As an alternative, the severely unbalanced weapon design could be reclassified as an “artifact”. An artifact cannot be repaired, has a decay timer instead of durability (and it keeps ticking even if it’s not being used) and the server can spawn a limited number of them. At the moment of nerfing, all the existing instances of the old item are converted into artifacts. If their number exceeds the artifact cap, their decay timer might be shortened. Additionally, players can see that a clan has an artifact by checking the player list – clans with artifacts would have a skull (or some other visual indicator) beside their name.
  • Legendary kits from world forges. Remove all legendary kit drops, both for weapons and armor. Instead, make them craftable only at Volcanic Forge (for armor) and the Forge of Ymir (for weapons). Give the world forges new purpose and watch the delicious conflict ensue :smiley:
  • Removal of legendary drops. Alternately, just get rid of legendary drops whatsoever. Make players gather resources – by farming dungeons – to craft legendary items.

DLC Desires

These are the things that are normally sold as DLCs, instead of being added for free to the core game:

• More vaulted ceilings, arches and domes. Blood and Sands introduced something I’ve wanted since I started playing: vaulted ceilings, arched gates and doors, proper windows. Problem is, those don’t blend in with anything but other arena pieces and, if used carefully, Turanian pieces. Meanwhile, Aquilonian architecture is still stuck with flat surfaces everywhere. The closest we can get to an arch is a roof-ceiling-roof approximation, which looked just fine until we got real curves in Blood and Sands.
  • Triangles, triangles everywhere. Speaking of vaulted ceilings, you know what’s missing in Blood and Sands? Wedge vaulted ceilings. And all architectures are missing wedge-shaped stairs and wedge-shaped awnings.
  • Ramped fences. Can’t place fences on stairs or ramps. It’s not only that you can fall to your death, it can also end up looking really ugly.
  • Religious decorations. You know how the Riddle of Steel introduced Setite Cult statues? Wouldn’t it be nice if we had a whole bunch of decorations for all religions?

EDIT 1: Added some AI-related stuff to the “incremental improvements” section.
EDIT 2: Added cosmetic armor to the “ambitious additions” section.
EDIT 3: Added a new section, called “DLC desires”. Also added elevator thralls to the “incremenental improvements” section.

14 Likes

This:

5 Likes

49 replys I read word for word, the majority share one thing in common… AI FIXES.

Followers bug out if switching weapons, or from weapons to truncheons. Have to do some crazy take it away, make them fight by fist, give it back, take it away, till they finally start using it. It’s been an ongoing issue for oh so long, reported over and over and over, why is it still a problem ??

Secondly, mentioned in a vast majority here and the forums, control of followers ! Why do they run off to fight a Kudu when I’m fighting a boss ? Why do they stand there, holding their weapons like idiots, while I’m fighting ? And why can’t we give them a button controlled command for do not attack, attack only if attacked themselves, attack if either of us are, or wreck everything that moves, specifically what I am attacking.

Adding into that above, set up a copy-cat button, if I pull out my kill weapon, so do they, if I pull out a truncheon, so do they.

Buttons F1-F4 and so on are not used, would be good to set these options up on.

Other games allow sidekick controls, it’s obviously a viable option, why can’t it be implemented here ?

All the suggested stuff for vanity, hairstyles, mirrors, crafting thrall customizations, are already developed in mods. So they are apparently available, implementable, and pretty much created for you. All you have to do is say Mr mod maker, can we use your code in base game ?? Bam, done.

Fix the base problems players have been reporting for ever, fix the thralls falling through foundations, drawbridges, elevators, meshes, dying from lava, dying during teleportation. Before developing the next big thing that we have to pay for that breaks the game even more…

Oh and roofs, roofs are rediculous to build over a large tower, stability is such a huge issue with peaked roofs…

2 Likes

Hello.

1. Max lvl up to 80 or even more with new perk , or add some new way to player bee stronger maybe mastery of perks or somtine .
  2. Mastery of weapon for example when you use offen 2h sword you get acces to skill tree with new skils for this weapon.
  3. new map or expand this one ther iss room for this. and this new area will be somtine else not sand , grass , vulkano or snow . somtine totaly diferent .
  4. About legendary weapon for me personaly they are to weak , maybe they are not intendent for pvp but for pve those weapon should be more powerfull .
  5. Stop first add some cool legendary items from new dungeon and then you just Nerf them , this is so bad
  6. Ther are dragon weapon and they are super cool , add new one like 2h axe , and I beg of you Add Armor Made From Dragon Bone .
  7. AI need improvement .
  8. Fix bugs and hitboxes for some bosses .
    9.Add more story , new npc , some quest .
  9. New mounts like sabethoot only you can ride on him .

Search bar to consoles. With the amount of dlcs in the game is really frustrating to craft something specific on the player crafting menu and in the armorer table.

3 Likes

Don’t you dare fix this beautiful bug, Funcom! Few things bring me more joy in life than watching a Rhino rocket into space.

6 Likes

Much of that is very pc centric. Remember there is a whole community of console players out here who cant use mods or F1-4.

General

• Better AI, for both, thralls and npcs
  • New dungeons
  • Better main quest (Fix the current one, implement missing parts, add more reasons to go through the quest)
  • A good ending (a good reason to finish the quest)
  • Ragdolls, it’s annoying to watch enemies fly away when yo kill them.
  • Death animation, i hate to see everything i kill set’s to “T” pose before dismemering
  • New map to explore
  • Remove the map room, teleportation only through obelisks
  • Change armor temperature system, and make them logical, it’s not possible that some armors have heat resistance ar all furs and some have cold resistance and it’s almost like going naked.
  • Stats resets should be more limited and difficult to get

Mounts

• They won’t count as follower and won’t follow automatically
  • They will have a slot to carry a captured enemy, instead of dragging them with a rope
  • They will have different saddles for different situations (combat, thrall hunting, gathering, scouting, etc)

Combat

• Weapon parry and/or timed guard
  • Spear combo as it was before
  • Change the sword and shield combos, they are terrible
  • New weapon types, (some mods, like emberlight, has bastardswords that work as both 1handed swords and two haneded swords, and hastas, that are basically javelins that you can’t throw with heavy combos)
  • New combos for short swords and great axes
  • No healing in combat
  • No backflip with daggers
  • Quivers for Archers, they shouldn’t carry more that a fixed amount of arrows

Religion System

• Choosing a religion should give the player something more than some recepies (perks, feats, skills, etc.)
  • You should only have a single active religion at once
  • More exclusive recepies for t4 priests (exclusive armors, potions, warpaints, etc)

Buildings

• No buildings in closed spaces, that’s stupid
  • No wall/roof stacking
  • Balance material costs (is way easier to build with black ice than with regular stone)

Loot

• Legendaries shouldn’t drop so easily, they should be forged by the player
  • Chest in dungeons should have items related to the dungeon and not for buildings (repair kits, weapons, armor, healing items, buffs, etc.)

Thralls

• WIth better AI, they should have about the same hp and damage as the players.
  • T4 worker thralls should have less and more specific recepies, they shouldn’t be able to craft anything they don’t know
  • Actually, the player, if she or he wants, should be as good as a t4 thrall, but only in one profesion, (carpenter, blacksmith, armorsmith, alchemy or cooking)
  • Archer and fighter thralls should be the same, only defferent from the weapon they trained with
  • Different perks, depending on the weapon and armor they are wearing
3 Likes

Database Export Service & Database Merge Utility
The one thing I’d most like would be a way for players on any server to be able to submit a request to have a game.db file exported containing only their clan’s holdings from whatever server they play on.

• Preferably this would be an automated system, with requests placed into a queue that a backend can process at its leisure without affecting the performance of any live servers.

• Complimenting this service would be a database utility capable of merging two databases together into a single game.db file.

This would enable a few very useful possibilities…

1. Players would be able to keep a memento of their accomplishments when a server is due to be retired without being at the mercy of its admin.
  2. Players could experiment with their exact builds offline to test purges, defenses, etc.
  3. Most importantly, friends from different clans on any given server could opt to migrate from (say) an Official server to a Private and take all their progress with them. As long as the export requests are all processed from the same nightly backup, etc. then there should be no conflicts preventing them from being re-merged to form the database for a whole new server.
8 Likes

A continuation of my previous list:

Player:

:fleur_de_lis: Prestige Levels - Add a visual value to our endgame.

:fleur_de_lis: Level 70

:fleur_de_lis: Rework of Player Perk System.

Weapons & Gear:

:fleur_de_lis: Target Specific weapons or weapon mods.
Gives bonus damage to certain NPCs
Examples: Undead, Dragons, etc.

:fleur_de_lis: Temperature mod for gear, choose the temperature resistance you want for your gear for a truly custom armor experience.

Thralls:

:fleur_de_lis: Bring back Captains & Bandit Leaders as tames, with the Leveling System the reason for removal is no longer valid.

9 Likes

Thats exactly it. Thanks for saying it. Instead of bringing more and more DLC’s and stuff just focus on fixing the game for some patches.

I’m so close to leaving this game behind even tho I like it because for the past months it feels like it got more and more unplayable especially for official pvp. No meshers and exploiters ever got dealt with after I reported it. Even if they leave you can watch them on stream! moving to the next server. Every second guy is using glitched that’s just so frustrating.

1 Like

more great axes. It was a good edition for sure, but having the ability to only craft Iron and Star Metal feels really limiting considering there literally stuff like Steel, Ancient, Hardened Steel ect.

1 Like

Here we go…

Thralls & AI

• Rework, improve and expand the AI for enemies and allies alike
  • Commands for thralls like be passive, help knock out npcs, STOP whatever it is you “think” you should be doing! Stuff like that you know :joy:
  • Rework pets to be a worthy companion and a good alternative to a fighter thrall (give them armor?)
  • Smaller animal pens!
  • Patrolling Thralls to help alleviate the culling by covering more ground.
  • Rework the leveling system to not have ACC on a fighter thrall as a final stat PLEASE. Or make a potion to reset the last level of the thrall or just reroll the perk.
  • Dancers NEED to have a option to choose which dance they do.

The Purge

• Make purges more interesting (they are 100% better than what they were, just continue :heart_eyes:)
  • Add npcs that can climb walls :eyes:
  • Mounted npcs!
  • General bug fixing to make the purge more reliable and not end after 1st wave
  • Would be cool if we never have the same purge happen twice or more. Alternate purges.

Mounts

• I think you guys have a good idea what we want with last week’s pole but just some key words would be: Help with Thralling, Dyable saddles, Not followers, the whistle system, Saddle bags, Gates!
  • More mounts, Saber tooth tigers, King elk, Spiders, Elephants, Rhinos etc etc etc

Survival Aspect

• Sandstorms need sand beast creatures spawn in them
  • Blizzards in the North
  • Rainstorms in the East

Community Favourites

• Vanity mirror or just a way to change your appearance after creation
  • Armor racks
  • Holding torches in the other hand when dragging a thrall or an alternative just as good as a torch.
  • Armor hot and cold protection rework or removal
  • More hair, beard and face options
  • Additional siege things like battering rams and ballista
  • Musician Thralls
  • New map area in expansion pack form or Dlc
  • Bug fixes
  • Performance improvements
  • Transmog system or just a way to be able to use the beautiful DLC weapons!

Misc

• Make in game Conan taller and bigger than Ladagara Daughter of Ymir !!!
  • Fix the textures in Sep city windows at night
  • Dragon Bone ARMOR
  • New enemies with brand new models and animations
  • More evil placeables like skull torches and thrones and cages with bones :rofl:
  • Allot more Dungeons! Like flesh out the places that look like they should be, the same way the silver mine was done and add a couple more BIG dungeons :star_struck: :crazy_face: :drooling_face:
  • Sorcery but only after all the other things, I would just like to see what this would be in CE.
  • Put that damn intriguing lava worm in game already! :hot_face:
  • Conan’s Father’s SWORD
  • Flying enemies

:metal: :smiling_imp:

(edit: more ideas edit2: more ideas)

11 Likes

I think everyone was hoping this would come up as question of the week :sweat_smile: so many great suggestions already.

A lot of people asked for fixes to the bugs and AI, the overpowered thralls and under-powered animals.

What I would love to see added:

• Tier 4 Entertainers that are unique maybe they can sing or play instruments or have unique dances or “poses” (animations).

• I would love to some of the DLC armours/factions as NPC’s in the world, where are the Khitan, Pictish, Turan and Yamatai settlements? So yes another map would be welcome maybe add these settlements to the new map.

• But before adding a new map, “flesh” out some of the areas on the present map. There are key areas that feel very empty, don’t know the names of all these areas, the temple in the desert for example where you take all the stone pieces comes to mind.

• I don’t want to complete the quest line only to lose my character and start from scratch again. ARK has an ascension system which allows players to ascend and then reach higher character levels, maybe look at something like this, we can ascend and reach higher level perks (I have seen some suggestions asking for tier 6 perks…).

• Give us the option to customize our armors, fur lining for cold protection and silk lining for heat protection as an example .

I could go on and on, this game has massive potential and we all just want to see it succeed. :smiley:

5 Likes

1 working AI for thralls
2 a new map

Thanks guys for all the hard work!

2 Likes