What would you like to see added to the game? (Encore!)

Err… I don’t think there’s a gentle way to put this, but… you are a thrall, and the guy you think is your thrall is actually the player. Now please get back behind the fourth wall while I fetch my repair hammer in order to fix it.

My wishlist for 2020 (trying to keep it short):

1. Better AI. Gotta join the band wagon here. Even some simple commands such as “don’t attack people unless I attack them first”, “don’t attack people at all”, “attack everyone on sight” and especially “get out of my way, I’m stuck in this Nordheimer hut because you’re standing in the doorway” would make life a lot better. And improving their environmental consciousness (reducing their suicidal tendencies) now that we are able to name and level up our thralls, making them a considerably greater investment in time. “I Believe I Can Fly” is just a song, don’t try that at home, stupid thralls.
  1. Crafting menu improvements. Some sort of order, whether tabs, folders or something else, is necessary. Every DLC adds more bloat to the single hand-crafting menu. My personal favorite idea is a number of customizeable tabs where we could drag & drop our crafting recipes in the order we want, so every player could order their stuff according to the logic that makes the most sense to them. People have different ways of keeping things in order, and this would let everyone use the method they want.

2. More cosmetic stuff. Civilian clothes. Beards. Decorative placeables. But these would be just bonus, the first two items are what I feel are necessary - we want to spend our time playing the game, not scrolling through inventories and micromanaging thrall movements.

7 Likes

Accessory Slots - Rings/Earrings/ etc …

2 Likes
7 Likes

I think it’s clear that combat thralls bother two groups:

• The one that thinks thralls should be weaker, because they think the player has to be the main fighter in combat (usually PvP or PvE-C players) and the thralls just a side help;
  • The one that thinks thralls should be stronger, because they don’t like combat but they want to explore the full exile lands (usually PvE players) and get boss killed with low effort.

How about to create mechanics that:

• When player has no follower, he gets stronger in combat.
  • When player has a follower, he gets weaker, but thralls became real monsters

In PvP, it would help, because few players will like to be weak in combat depending on a thrall. So PvP will return to be PvP. In PvE, it would be great because the player can choose if he wants to be the hero as a good warrior, or if he wants to be a heroe for being able to have a good fighter on his side.

1 Like

I would be ok with this, if it could be toggled on and off.

Because I use this when I’m building, I only make one of whatever, then use the hot bar to make the next piece, it reduces waste and saves time. Because each piece is ready as needed and I don’t have to wait for a stack to assemble.

2 Likes

@Ignasi Console Chat PLEASE!!! Can we at lest talk about it?

1 Like

I have new things to add since my last suggestion. Silvar Morgan Rosalia's suggestions

I reinsist for the amber to be a new ressource for the game because it could add many things based on it to the game. + fishing shark and big fish underwater in dagon area with javelin could be very good as a pictish shark tribe but not only…

The game really need dusty clothes, dusty hair, scars etc…

New add to the list: Mammoth Hut/Camp. Add Mammoth furr as ressource and Mammoth bones… And we have all we need for it. So just type it in a research motor and watch what it look like :smiley: Pretty thing isn’t it?

Oh yeah Sea Creatures! Water as a safe zone is kinda weird when you think about it, but it would require swimming combat (or canoes… would love canoes).

I like the idea above for jewelly but would suggest cloaks and outerwear too. Outerwear would be a good way to override temp features of armor. Wearing hot weather gear and wanna go north while still looking stylish? Put in your mammoth fur cloak!

1 Like

1)Sorcery
2) Mount as Mount, not as Follower
3) More clothing for religion (clothing for novice, acolythe, high priest)
4) Sorcery
5) Correct animation for somersault/backflip in max Agility.
6) more stygien conten: obilisk,sarcophagus, hyroglphys for walls
7) Sorcery

3 Likes

Just two things…

1. plz upgrade Unreal Engine 4.15 to 4.24 for Conan Exiles
  2. plz improve the database or make a new for the game

You guys are making a good job with this game and i like it so much.
Plz fix bugs and improve the game… new content can come after that.

2 Likes

I am making this reply without having read any of the other 74 before mine, to avoid any outside extra influence in my thoughts.

#1 A PvE code base. So many changes to the game are done to keep PvP more balanced and it makes many of the really exciting new content in PvE become boring or even annoying to deal with.

#2 Much more explorable land. I know the single server model is supposedly maxed out on explorable surface land, but other games have solved this by linking servers and over the years, the explorable lands have gone up 10x or more. I know this would be a huge undertaking, but there would not be a single person playing now that would not appreciate more land to explore and settle.

#3 More dungeons. You are doing fantastic on the newer dungeons and I hope this keeps going :slight_smile:

#4 Make armor crafting process something that can build in temps and attributes to our specifications. There are many ways this can be done, but this would solve so many issues we have with armor today. Boss drop armor will be what it is when it drops, but if we craft armor, we should be able to imbue it with the boosts we want and pad it for protections from elements.

#5 Temps on buildings (same as armor) or simply remove any temp settings for buildings and let that be controlled by fireplaces and cold torches, etc.

#6 Fences snapping to stairs, to create seamless and functional fencing from our stairs to our balconies and landings. Fake stair rails are really really bad.

#7 Integrate in more of the modding community features to the standard game, allowing private server (and single player) admins to tune the game better. Things like additional UI elements, controling the size of UI, etc. Adding a speed control for elevators, adjusting stack size multipliers, changing ratio of male to female NPCs/Thralls, How many levels and the skill point/feat point earning rates, changing stability degradation rates for building pieces (allowing 5-6 ceiling pieces out from walls, rather than 4), improved control of NPC and boss HP, as well as combat prowess, camera shake on/off setting, etc.

#8 Adding trees, rocks and flowers to our base. Ones that won’t vanish from land claim.

I think that makes my more perfect Conan world. Now I’m excited to see what all else people want from all the other posts before me!

2 Likes

I love the game so far. You guys have done a really great job.

Some things on my wishlist are:

• flying pets. Can I tame a vulture? I see them all the time
  • kid NPCs. Weird to see a game just full of adults and not a single kid running around and kicking dirt and sand.
  • fix for the thralls not eating/self healing when mods are used
  • improvement in crafting ui as people have mentioned already. Make it more efficient and streamlined instead of looking for the item individually.
  • creatures in water as people mentioned. Gators should be able to freely chase you while island hopping
  • more world bosses. Especially humanoid bosses

Thanks again for all that you do.

1 Like
  1. New Biomes
  2. Improved Thrall AI / issue orders, ride mounts, switch to trugeons, etc.
  3. Improved Purges. Humans/some animals can climb walls. /AI siege weapons
  4. More Dungeons
  5. Rare Collectibles and Items from Treasure Hunting
  6. Factions are more dynamic. They build outposts and try to raid your bases. Random game events like patrols, slavers, armies marching. Undead horde, animal stampede. etc.
  7. More environmental challenges, monsoons in jungle, blizzard in north.
2 Likes

I would like to see patches more often. For me a patch doesnt need to have much more new things, just 1-5 Fixes like every second week would be so much more enjoyable.
I know there is a process behind patches on console, but you can easily make it happen for pc.
Otherwise like all the comments said

• Better AI
  • More functionalities for the AI
  • Fixing undermeshspots
  • Make the Server better, that the hits are registered better and do some lag compensation like all the shooters do. (If your enemy got high ping, dont count every hit.)

And a big point is:
If you play with like 3 or 4 people it is not possible to online raid, if the defender person has a bit of brain. They can easily repair while getting raided and just place foundations and place new doors and other building to block you from getting inside. So to raid effiently, you need more people which most of the clans don’t have.
The raiding system should be reworked, but i don’t have an idea how.

And the biggest point:
Please communicate with the players more. Make big announcements, when a server got rollbacked for some reason and make prioritize bugs in your development.

This is a point from a pvp player and i guess most of the playerbase is not playing on pvp servers, so you won’t care anyway.

1 Like

Thank you @Ignasi.

1. The Blood and Sands Arena build is missing a few building pieces. Like the bottom of the corner pillar. There is a mod that offers this piece, but really… kinda ridiculous to leave it out.
  2. Interior walls. If you’re building a box and no internal walls, then the inside of the (OUTSIDE) walls is fine. But when you are building something more elaborate, multi-rooms, it loses the ‘feel’. Something generic, something a little more refined, something OOH worthy… It’s only a matter of some retexturing, and the mesh if needed is also an easy fix.
  3. Speaking of mesh, needs some redux on a few build pieces (walls primarily) as when you attempt to attach CE shelves and other such things, it floats off the wall. Really kills the atmosphere. And for the roundish builds with the wedges, the walls need to fit better. That is a real spoiler to see all those joints exposed.
  4. Another mesh, because we do build for content… broken walls. So to echo another’s suggestion of a Dungeon Master’s DLC, I’d buy that… Broken walls, Fallen timber ceilings, a few variations that might be a rough hewn beam at an angle (various perhaps) 2x4 looking piece hanging, Hole in the ceiling, Pillars with a break as if ready to give way under the weight of the ceiling, square pillars/posts that would do well in a cave/mine build. Mountain pieces/rocks. (While I love the mods that provide some things, no one has the brunt of this)
  5. Redux on the foundation pieces so there are less vertices and not so much of a strain on the server/client to render. (yeah, I meshed)
  6. Echoing others on the Thralls, please refine their AI and add maybe a couple controls to the menu? Nothing worse than the Thrall standing there watching as something comes up and bites yer bum. Not much in the way of protection there.
  7. The horse is a bit clunky. Well a lot. The steering of it is not at all smooth. And the mesh, someone needs to revisit their anatomy class. The throat/neck doesn’t connect properly to the chest. Spent too many years with them to not be turned off by something perhaps most really don’t notice. It appears less noticeable with the saddlery, and it looks as though the saddle was designed before the horse (Horse made to fit it). I tend to agree with earlier posts on the horse dynamics (sit, stay and not a follower).
    This is not meant as a bash, but if the Witcher 3’s horse can be used as an example of the possibility of handling, conformation, aesthetics, movement.
  8. Adding to #4 the addition of some plants for deco. Not in planters. A variety of trees, fallen logs, some water lilies, reeds, cattails…
  9. Add a few more sliders to the Customization to alter width of shoulders, chest, hips, length of torso, hips, legs. Really am tired of everyone looking the same, regardless of the change in hair color et al. Just something to aid in the personalization of our Toons. A couple more base faces/hairstyles.
  10. Lastly, thank you for asking. Thank you for trying to reach out to the player base for input, and of course, thank you for the work you’ve done.

addendum An Admin feature that would ensure the construction of Towns/Villages for player base by the Administration be ineligible for PURGE/Decay, as well as a means of allowing the players to “rent/own” a house in said town. Some means of removing the land claim feature to grant a player a house in said village, and a cleanup feature to target remove the garbage that thoughtless players leave behind. I have turned the radius down very low to at least give the illusion of the houses being part of the city. This, of course makes it rather close for those player bases out on the map.

Red March

2 Likes

Some other forum users have probably already suggested this, but I was told to write it down anyway so here goes. I’m sorry for the wall-of-text:

1. AI follower/pet “Stances”:
    I’d love to see a simple “stance” system for followers. Nothing super complicated, maybe just a simple “aggressive stance” (attack all hostiles as soon as they see them), “defensive stance” (like it works right now) and “passive stance” where they never attack.
    Being able to make a follower move so they don’t block you would be cool too :slight_smile:

2. Patrols for immersion and a more dynamic/alive world:
    Wouldn’t it be awesome to have some kind of “patrol”-feature in the game? If anyone ever played the popular patrol mod(s) for Skyrim or Fallout, they added immersive npc patrols that would walk around in certain areas. In CE you could have patrols for each faction walk around in the areas around where they live (pre-determined routes). This would be both immersive and also populate the world by making it a little less static! You could add roaming wildlife everywhere else, where you don’t add human patrols.

3. AI controlled exiles can build and raid you too, just like humans (to some degree):
    Create a feature where AI controlled exiles can build a base like the player in some pre-determined spots. You can add some base templates and the AI then uses one of these in the location (picked at random from the pre-determined list). On top of that you can add the patrols from above around this base.
    This feature can be tied in to the Purge system in the way that npcs from this faction can also raid you, and if you raid them you can take spoils as well. Defeating them completely allows you to claim some decent reward and removes their presence from the landmark.
    This feature would have to be triggered by some in-game events or actions, meaning the bases won’t exist from the start.

4. A more dynamic wildlife:
    Make wildlife like rabbits, deer and similar animals run from you if you get too close. Make more crocodiles swim in the water, add sharks/barracudas/octopuses or similar creatures in the waters around the jungle (add basic water combat too).

5. Improving the character system:
    Expand upon the levelling/progression/perk system. Perhaps a higher level cap? More perks? Add some kind of “sub-classes” you can pick later on to specialize more in a certain field?

6. More uses for thralls:
    Allow players to unlock a feat at a certain level where they can actually use thralls as a working force for harvesting lumber, mining stone, getting fish from traps, hunting deer/rabbits and so on. You could add a new class of thralls called “worker” to the world space and add new workstation(s) where you put them into once broken. As long as you feed them they will gather resources for you. I want to point out that this should only bring you basic resources, as the players still need to venture out themselves for more rare and advanced things. But this will remove the tedium of high level players having to mine for stone, lumber and low grade food since the idea is that this is only available at a high level from the feat screen.

7. Additional content in general:
    Last and not least, I’d like more content to the game. Be it free updates, DLC’s or full blown expansions - give us more! More culture packs too, you still have several cultures left (for example Nemedia) that can be made into DLCs for us who want to continue supporting the game and the developers. More hairstyles too please, both for ladies and men. You can add some new styles in the future DLC packs, or release a separate “fashion” DLC with a bunch of hairs and other goodies.
    Other than that, new dungeons, new landmasses and more story please!

Thank you for making a great game! :heavy_heart_exclamation:

2 Likes

Fews ideas :

Items :

• To disable looting or farming some items, for example when you farm fiber you do not get insects. Or when you skin animals you do not get meat.
  • A favorite menu for crafting items, like fondations, bedrolls, bombs …
  • A trading bench with a thrall.

Attributes :

• Save 5 attributes profils, then you do not have to click 100+ times to change yours attributes.

Minimap :

• A minimap at the bottom right corner of the screen.

Movement :

• Fix the slow motion roll, and get back a real roll …!
  • climbing is bugged, when you climb and get at the top, you fall!

Bugs :

• Better NPC AI
  • Bugs fixes
  • Undermesh

For PVP servers :

• No names in event log, better no event log!
  • No steam names in player list, better no player list!
  • Not see decay timer from others players.
  • Increase raid time from 17H/23H to 16H/24H.
  • 3 months wipe on PVP servers.
  • RUST like decay, with 10% upkeep cost per day to maintaint a base. Then players has to be active and not login 1 minutes every 7 days to refresh the counter.
  • Traps (like in RUST), and the ability to build trap bases!
  • No asians or russians players on EU PVP servers, apply regional restrictions.
  • Undermesh, cheat, exploit? -> Instant unlimited ban for all the clan members.

And the best for the end :

• Battle royale style server for fews days, 40 players, if you die it is game over, the last one standing or the first who finish the game win!

I’m a night person, so I’d like more things happening at nighttime, special creatures roaming the lands only at night, special NPC only found at nighttime, worldbosses only spawning at night. I’d also like a special worldboss to spawn somewhere on the map everytime there’s a sandstorm, and you’d have time to kill it to the next sandstorm and collect the special loot. I’d like a commercial system implemented so it would be easier to sell stuff to others on the server. I’d like to have sandbeasts as pets, and hounds introduced to the game as pets. :slight_smile:

3 Likes
  1. In the game farming paths are easy to plan to avoid pre determined npc / animal placement
    Would it be possible to set random spawning travelling groups /roaming raiders
    Would present more of a challenge farming resources not always knowing where or who you will run into.
  2. If the player can have pets why not the npc’s - would mix up the combat
2 Likes

Oh this gave me a great idea: at level 30 you unlock “labor thralls” with the WOP. It gives you 2 blueprints to create a stone and wood gathering station. Each is fueled by gruel and uses any carpenter, blacksmith, or armorer thrall to convert gruel to stone/wood at a rate determined by thrall level (probably a base cost of 40 to 1). Visually, the stone station just looks like a big rock with a stool next to it while the wood station looks like a tree approximately 1.5 foundations tall with a small stump next to it. At level 50 you could unlock an Iron gathering station (with an even more expensive conversion rate, like 60 to 1) that just looks like a big chunk of Iron around the size of 6 wedges at the base. When thralls are placed there they use default mining/chopping animations when they have fuel, otherwise they stand with arms folded.

3 Likes