What's the deal with the new map?

Pretty sure that it will be a completely new area but not related to the current map. When you create or join a server, it will be either the new or old map. So if you want to play on the new one, will have to either start a new game/server, or fresh start one that uses it instead of the vanilla map.

2 Likes

who said anything else?
people here love to get offended

LOL

i mean… just DEAL with anything that are limitated
and make it NOT LIMITATED, IMPROVE

Who said I was offended?

I mean, yeah, just that. It’s not like they’ve been doing that for 3 years without upgrading the engine to a newer version. It’s not like they haven’t accrued a significant technical debt while doing so. It’s not like all this game development stuff is hard to do. :roll_eyes:

It’s not like people were referring to that difficulty when they tried to explain why they thought the new map is probably not going to be tacked onto the edges of the current map, instead of being separate with a transition.

4 Likes

i Meant the limitations, any of them,
if the team have Engine limitations, it limitates many things,
doesnt matter, for us, what is limitating them, but something is limitated here,

you doesnt need to tag that its the engine, doesnt matter what is limitated here, we, players, care with the final result , the specific causes is work for the staff be dealing with, we just proposal the in-game things how we want or do not want to be happening

i have to explain everything, lol

and Who said that?

we care about the future,
we want the game better and better,
we keep paying so we keep asking for somethings,

everything is on track here, nobody is accusing all that here,
so whats the problem??

Not quite sure what you mean you can open a zone map and see what map you’re in? What does that even mean.

Of course you can open a map and there you are. Diablo has open world and it has dungeons, I’m not saying this game is different in that sense, but if you want to be technical, those are a completely different genre, so yea, different.

In case you missed it, this whole thread is suggestions of overcoming “limitations”, I can only speak for myself but it seems there are some people that actually understand software development giving suggestions such as a new map that’s “zoned” into.
Limitations are limitations, it doesn’t matter what you want if it can’t be done. I’ve had a client that didn’t understand dns basics but wanted us to somehow connect to their self-hosted database and write to it. I’m not saying you need dns to do that but you need to have a basic understanding of connections before you expect someone to “just do it” otherwise you’re expectations aren’t unreasonable and you’re gona be SOL.

If you “care about the future”, if you “want the game to be better” wasting time proposing things that aren’t possible isn’t helping. Unreasonable expectations aren’t helping. Just how it is.

3 Likes

This is no argument, because we are talking about a feature that helps in almost any genre,

jajajajajjaja
Because if you are in an dungeon you have no map, and the guy there suggested that the new map will be like an big dungeon…

so simple to understand…

almost everyone thinks like you,
i play open world games since like 15 years,
some years ago the same majority of people were going to tell that an game open world with nice graphics like Conan were going to be impossible…

1 Like

My first open world was Rubies of Eventide, I’ve seen my fair share of games too. Im also a software engineer for an industry leading software company, I have a good idea of what works and what doesn’t work in regard to software development, I do it daily.

Yes, there can be workarounds, I’ve seen games destroyed by them too. That’s definitely not “caring about the games future”, and that’s why I said “If you care”.

And no, not “simple to get”, I’ve never seen a dungeon without a map. Even in games like diablo, it’s randomly generated but still exists…

3 Likes

Well, I suppose you’re right… what “can” be done and what “should” be done are different things.

Is there still going to be a new map? This game has fallen pretty far off of my radar. Id like to finish the quest and beat the game some day but checking into the forums now and then is proving to be disheartening.

I quit playing a while ago, like 9 months ago, and hopped on the other day to find all the same bugs and clunky mechanics with a little update to followers lol. There aren’t even avatars on consoles yet. Why not finish the damn game and call it a wrap?! Move on?! Make Conan Exiles 2?! How’s that for a new map, Just a whole new game!

This was the funnest and best game I’ve ever played, but I have a strong feeling fierce competition is on it’s way in December, running smoother on more powerful systems. How about jump into the next gen with a sequel?

1 Like

Because no online game is ever “finished” until it’s shut down and abandoned by its creator. I know for a fact that they are working really hard on something big and new, but I don’t even know what it is yet :wink:

5 Likes

Welcome back i really miss your posts, nice one dude :+1:.

1 Like

So true, but i think that easy criticism is the greatest minor of the human existence and it is applied to everything, unfortunately. Especially here that their faces are covered behind an icon.

2 Likes

Thanks man :smiley: , I took a bit of a break from Conan but I’m glad to be back :+1:

2 Likes

I dig that online games continue forever, I mean look at world of Warcraft! What I’m referring to is that I’d like to see the end of the story. Aren’t you supposed to fight a mummy?

I think it’s a bit nearsighted to focus a lot of money and attention to something that will be obsolete in a year, two at best, especially whenever it’s being abandoned by the players.

Hell, maybe this “big new thing” is the equivalent of a sequel! New map, better graphics, yada yada yada. If so, put the mummy in the game and wrap up this chapter so that we can all move onto the next. Really, the only way to get me back is to complete the story. I’ve PvPed on official servers, played single player, played pve-c, PvPed on private servers, killed all the world bosses, the whole deal! It’s boring now, and will continue to be until something other than another map to destroy people’s bases on comes along.

And hey, I’m just one voice. Let’s face the facts here. Millions of other people have the same mentality about this. That’s why fortnight has grown into a Colossus of a game, and conan never even made it to being reviewed by game informer lol, and the places that did review it left it either 3/5 stars or less.

1 Like

They might come up with something big and new, like they always do. But the bigger question will be: are people finally be able to enjoy it this time or will it be another mess of doom that just gets released to keep player counts up?

Its not, that they couldn´t do it right. We know that. They just don´t want to spend the money to do it right. Because they would have to rewrite most of the code. And I am pretty certain that won´t happen. Because they use Conan Exiles to squeez out money for other projects.

1 Like

Ah, yes, the infamous Mummy of the Ring. Yeah, I get what you’re saying. It would be nice to have that closure. Barring that, it would be acceptable if they removed the unfeasible journey steps and replaced them with something else. Who knows, maybe they’ll do that?

Honestly, I got over the whole “story completion” issue when I first heard how the story “ends”. I even did it once myself – assembled the Keystone and removed my bracelet – on a server that I moved away from, and it really is as underwhelming and disappointing as everyone says. Losing everything and deleting your character? That’s not my idea of the crowning achievement in a game.

We’ll just have to agree to disagree here. I find it absurd to compare Conan to Fortnite. As for the reviews, you’re completely right about that. Even if they reviewed the game as it is today, no matter how much I like it, any honest reviewer would still give it 3/5 stars. It still has way too many bugs that are way too easy to run into and way too visible. And, judging from the forums, the official PVP servers are way too full of cheaters. It lacks the “self respect” it would need to get anything better than 3/5.

Based on their track record, I expect it to be both, just as it is now. But I do hope that it might end up being better.

I feel like I keep explaining this way too often: it’s not just the money. Rewriting most of the code takes time, no matter how much money you have. As per Brook’s law, nine women can’t make a baby in one month. You can add as many people to the code rewrite as you want and give them as much money as you want, and it still might end up being a “Netscape rewrite”.

Bear in mind, I’m not defending or justifying them, I’m just explaining that if we did get what we’re asking for, there would be consequences some of us didn’t think of :wink:

2 Likes

Lol I agree completely with the “engame reward” hahaha, it hurts! I agree with you completely, even on comparison of fortnight vs conan. The big thing to consider in comparing those games is why is fortnight so popular? Polished controls, new content, rebranding with the times are a few things worth noting that Conan developers need to be considering.

It’ll take alot to bring people back to Conan now, next gen is here in December after all. A new map isn’t going to be enough. You need a new map, a new story, better A.I., a better merchant system, pretty much a new game.

2 Likes

In other words, abandon Conan Exiles and make Conan Exiles 2? That’s not going to save this game, and I’m sure lots of people would be upset if they had to buy a new game in order to play the game they wanted to play.

And if it’s the same game, just better, is that going to keep people interested? A lot of the weariness people feel when playing Conan Exiles is because they’ve played the same game for hundreds, even thousands of hours. At some point, you’ve seen it all, done it all, experienced it all, and no matter how good the game is, it loses its luster. Adding more polish won’t be enough to keep those players playing for another few thousand hours.

The reason people keep playing WoW or Rupescape or similar MMOs is other people. The communities they build, the friendships they make - it doesn’t matter if the game is getting a bit stale, because it’s the people you come back for evety week, every day. Conan Exiles doesn’t have those massive communities, so what we see here are just a few isolated cases of community-building, rather than community-building being the norm.

If the new map is as big as the one we have now, with new dungeons, new biomes, new bosses and new challenges, it should keep even the most performance-oriented gamer busy for at least a hundred or two hundred hours. That’s still quite a lot more than the vast majority of big game releases of a similar price tag can offer. The entire Mass Effect trilogy, with all side quests and exploration minigames etc., can be played through in 90 hours. So when put into that perspective, a “new map” to Conan Exiles may still be a pretty cost-effective piece of entertainment.

3 Likes