Wheel of Pain & Standing Torch Vanished both we just placed

Game mode: Online official
Type of issue: Bug
Server type: PvE (Official server #1734 PvE - g-portalDOTcom)
Region: North America
Mods?: No
Edition: Steam

Bug Description:

Placed a wheel of pain, put Leo the Monster on it as taskmaster. Filled the wheel up over the course of about an hour with thralls to be broken (Mandughai Hundred arrows, Taskmaster Master, Level 3 Smelter and a Level 2 Tanner) put exquisite meat on it and had about 15 hours of burn time on the wheel to be working while I logged off.
Placed 4 Standing Torches around my structure as well for light.
Logged on today about 15 hours or so later and I exit my house and see the wheel is gone, so I wait thinking it’s gonna load. It does not, I check the event list and it says The Wheel of Pain and only 1 Torch had been changed to decay stated abandoned then a little while later they decayed.
Solved the mystery of where my stuff went.
Wondering what happened, and how I get my stuff back since I didn’t do anything wrong, and they certainly weren’t abandoned.

Installed Mods: None.

Steps to Reproduce:

Please provide a step-by-step process of how the bug can be reproduced. Please be as detailed as possible; the more details, the easier it will be for us to find and fix the bug:

1. Place Wheel of Pain, fill with a Thrall, 4 thralls to break, and food for burn time and start it. Place 4 Standing Torches to light up base last.
  2. Log off the game.
  3. Come back hours later and see the Wheel of Pain and 1 Torch abandoned and decayed for no reason.
  4. Ask how to get your stuff back on forums since it’s an official server.

Were they placed directly on the ground? Placeables have very short decay timer if placed on their own.

You can craft a repair hammer and inspect the structure to check the decay timer or you can hold tab while pointing at it.

In addition, Funcom doesn’t offer any refunds as per their policy.

1 Like

They were. There was no damage to any of them at all, my housing structure is right next to it and only one of the 4 torches went abandoned and decayed. The other torches are still standing, no decay or anything. Only the torch closest to the wheel and the wheel itself have magically vanished.
My furnace that’s only a few feet from where the wheel is placed is fine as well.
If that’s the case then there really is no point in playing if the rules changed up like that our of nowhere.
I’ve placed where I’m at before, in the same manner on official servers and never ran into this issue.

Were they placed close to a no build zone, just wondering if they were would that have an effect. ?

As far as I know, no. Because my housing structure right next to it is fine and I checked all placed items, standing torches included with the hammer right now and the decay timer is 167:59:50 on all placed objects and structures.
When placing I didn’t get a “You cannot place” warning here or anything.

Greetings,

Thank you for your report. We sent you a direct message asking for more information.

Please make sure to check your forum notifications. :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.