Wheel of pain stopping when players log off!

Game mode: [Online private]
Type of issue: [Bug]
Server type: [PvP]
Region: [EU]

Hello, the most annoying bug is back! When the last player in the Clan logs off the Wheel of pain stops working! This is so ■■■■■■■■ annoying and need to be fixed again! how hard can it be to get this code right and save it?! I mean comon guys…

So for the fifteens time fix this problem please…

Please provide a step-by-step process of how the bug can be reproduced. The more details you provide us with the easier it will be for us to find and fix the bug:
1.Put slave in wheel of pain and start it!
2.Log off as the last person in the clan.
3. Wait 10 min (Some times you have to wait a little longer).
4. Log in again and the wheel of pain has stopped!

I am reading Online private server. Would i be correct that only your clan is playing on this server?

If that is the case is it possible that the server shuts down when noone is online? I saw that behavior on my solo play before i started playing on official quite some time ago. I know that this does not happen to me on official pve.

2 Likes

Yeah, it a private server. We are only 3 people on the server right now. The server runs 24/7 but might it be that when the last player leaves the Conan server goes in to sleep? Then i would like to know how to change this?

I’m not hosting a server to have the software go in to pause mode…

It use to work just fine, even if there where no players on it… something must have change?

I hope someone can help with this bug?

Is it your own server or do you have it hosted somewhere? If its not your own server i would not be surprised that this might be something on your hosts side so that they free up resources on the server for the other things that are hosted on it.

It is a hosted server but i have full control of it. The server is running 24/7 and so is the Conan server.

The conan server restarts ever morning at 8:00 am, just to clear up the server leaks and what else is bad in the code.

I’m wondering if it’s the restart that makes everything stop? If that is the case, then they still should fix this issue… you have to be able to do a daily restart of your server but have stuff in the game still continue after the restart.

@Skinny Skinny has spoken of this a bit. He know’s more about this situation than me, I’m confident he’ll let you know what is happening here and why. I understand it’s not a bug but rather by design and has something to do with server performance.

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.