When we getting sorcery?

Its not coming as Stated before.
No mater what was said before by FC

https://www.conanexiles.com/blog/conan-exiles-launch-beyond/

You speaked of Wow or TES in first time to disrespect and ridiculize other points of view. So, I did the same.

And you can’t speak for the majority of CE player base. This is even more childish and disrispectful than your first message. So, I insist, sorcery is core and was announced by Funcom months ago. If you don’t like you can try other interesting games like PUBG or Rust.

Ty, I love you too. You are happy and I’m not. Funcom will decide who wil be satisfied next months. You are right, life is full of broken promises, but broken promises in business tend to have consequences. It’s adult’s wordl, get over it. And, finally, it’s not possible to break a system that is already broken.

Age of Conan has sorcery…and the story takes place near the same time as this one.

1 Like

Sorcery is not core, clearly. I’m sorry that you’re heart broken about that.

AoC is a different game, and pulls from different authors work, not simply Conan. Regardless, it’s an MMO and requires numerous class roles. This is a survival game with a gritty feel, man against nature. Besides, if you want sorcery in the Conan universe, why don’t you just go play AoC? I spent plenty of hours as a caster there, and I still don’t want any of it carried over here

This interview is more recent than that and Joel has stated he has a prototype ready it just needs finishing and they are commited to bug fixing and such at the moment but he still hopes to implement it.

Also this is more recent than that link:

“We do have more systems in mind that we would like to elaborate. Like sorcery. But at some point you have to draw a line and say: this is the basic game and it must be robust.”

And those aren’t the only two instances where he’s stated he wants to put sorcery in between that post you keep linking and now. So yeah, it might not be soon, but expect it at some point.

2 Likes

2 Likes

Of course it’s core, the whole corruption system has only one purpose: sorcery. If sorcery is finally not implemented they will be cutting an essencial part of the game, repeteadly announced by Bylos and other people of the staff, by the way.

2 Likes

That must have hurt. Thank you man!

2 Likes

we can’t even try to talk about sorcery right now when they can’t deal with current bugs and promised but unreleased features.

Oh yes. Not only we can, we must. We are post official relase. Major bugs should have been fixed during EA and now is the precise moment we must talk about new content that keeps game alive. Any other thing is conformation and resignation.

2 Likes

It actually does. Original conan books and comics have quite a bit of magic in them.

And yes some of it is kind of flashy. I mean I know Arnold didn’t have to deal with a whole lot of it and everything back in the 80’s but thats not the actual source material for the Conan IP

And honestly, you can’t get much flashier than summoning a 50ft tall God to crush your enemies.

3 Likes

Sorcery is not happening. If it was they would come out with a concrete statement it is being implemented. Since the declared they would not be bringing it out during EA for the reasons they gave. Weak reasons for not doing it or not, its been a myth. Bringing this up just triggers the butt-hurt people were feeling when let down by not implementing it.

Without sorcery there is no reason to actually have corruption in game they can go about making the areas hard to get into by other means such as poison gas. I suspect that funcom is just toooooo… lazy to actually go in and remove corruption which really does not add anything to the game along with the unnamed city. - hence that’s why you get we may put in sorcery hints so they don’t have to pay staff time to clean stuff up. Cheaper game costs that way.

The unnamed city is a waste of space that could be used by players for development.

Just like mounts, sorcery is gone they never delivered and walked back on that development promise.- live with it. Forget about them saying they want to do it - unless they commit to doing it the rest is dreaming by players.

I get that lazy vibe a lot from Funcom. There’s quite a few things I’ve heard them basically say “it’s a lot of work”

To which I’m like… The fuсk are you getting paid for then?

Chat channels for console for example. ‘it’s harder than we thought it would be’. Okay so that’s your excuse? It’s hard? Seriously?

There’s a couple other things to that they made this kind of hinting around that they’re just not interested in doing anything that takes a lot of development, because they just don’t want to put in the effort to do it.

And I’m not saying like they don’t want to do it and they’re not going to try and do it it’s the manner in which they communicated to the player base. So when it comes to other things such as fixing all the problems in this game it makes me doubt it seriously does because I already have that impression of them just not wanting to put in the effort of other things so that makes me wonder do they even want to put in the effort to fix what they already have?

I think sorcery would be cool, it clearly has a place in Conan lore it is part of the IP whether or not people choose to believe it is or not There Is Magic in the world of Conan. I don’t know if there ever actually going to do it, just because they don’t say they’re going to do it doesn’t mean they’re not. But there’s been a lot of speculation about it and you would think they would at least address it. So I don’t know.

Oh? No sorcery you say. Without sorcery then this game not Conan. No sorcery in Conan is like no swords or weapons it makes no sense.

Do they want a fan base to drop to 10% players left. 10% not much. Losing 90% of your fan base will kill this game. No full nudity almost did that on consoles. We don’t need another No man sky.

Nope no sorcery. They have had almost 3 months since they dropped it to come out concrete and declare its coming in game.

All we know was it was too hard to find an FX guy- reason given.

loosing fan base?
LoL they made their money if they actually sold 1 million copies. The ROI is in nothing left to do but enjoy the milking of hopes from now on and drop a 10 buck DLC or two.

They also haven’t come out and concretely declared that it’s not coming in the game. What we all know from what is said is that it needs animations, balancing, and that it’s on the back-burner. It doesn’t mean we’ll actually get it, but it also doesn’t mean we’ll never get it.

After AoC, I told myself I’d never buy a Funcom game again. I lived by those words until I saw the first trailer for CE. I’m a Conan fan, so I knew I had to play this game. One of the things that made me change my viewpoint was not just that it’s a Conan survival game, but that sorcery was going to be implemented. The fact that it’s this far along and there’s still a chance it’s not happening doesn’t speak very well of Funcom. It actually says they lied, or better yet, they pulled a Peter Molyneux.

What I mean by that is Peter has this really bad habit of over-hyping what he wants to do in his games, so much that his final products are NEVER what he hyped them up to be. To this day, the latest Fable game is still not anything close to what he claimed the first one would be.

That article was written in March 2017 and speaks of the things we were supposed to get. Out of the 6 points they claimed we’d get, they only gave us 3…well, 3.5 if you count pets(which is under the mounts bullet point). No settlement, no mounts, and possibly no sorcery. Then you read something like this:

“Conan and his merry band of loinclothed bretheren pulled in $1 million dollars just 60 minutes after the game released into Early Access, and it then went on to recoup all of its development costs in less than a week. Nice work if you can get it.”

Add that to how much they made during launch, and it really boggles the mind as to how much of this stuff isn’t implemented. Are they that bad at managing budgets?? Is the work too hard for them?? Sure, they’ve given us a great game, but the bugs make it hard to enjoy half the time, and the lack of content that should be implemented(along with the excuses) really make it hard to like the company.

Many people forgive it because of all the work that’s been done, but many people are upset because what pulled them into the game isn’t being given to them.

1 Like

have you read the books? Also, sorcery is why we are trapped in the exiled lands.

So what its not coming.- forget the lore this is business.

Business is bad when you LIE to your consumers. That can cost you millions. The developers of no man sky might never again be trusted to Make another game. Which would kill there business. As a business you don’t make promies you can’t keep.

Why don’t you ask the devil may cry team what happens when you insult the fans. Your new game dies.