When we getting sorcery?

It’s not any game. It’s Conan Exiles. Sorcery is one of the most relevant content promised during EA by Funcom and delayed on official launching. That’s not an invasion, it’s a core feature. Besides is faithful to Conan lore. A world without magic is not a Conan world.

Nobody are speaking of that kind of sorcery. Funcom has never speaked of lightning bolts, fireballs or something like that. Hexes, buffs, summoning and shapeshifting, and all of that based on corruption levels that decrease your strenght and stamina. Seems a funny, lore friendly and well balanced system. I can’t see any reason not to release it.

5 Likes

We dont want that. How hard can that be to comprehend? Stop this thread.
Go back to World of Warcraft or conquer Skyrim once more with your silly magic.

2 Likes

Well, WE do.

How hard can that be to comprehend that many people want sorcery, especially since it was one of the features we were told would be in the game. It’s not like people are coming out of nowhere asking for it to be made, we were told it was going to be in the game, and many of us got excited for that.

What if I invited you over for a bbq and told you we’d have steaks and ribs, but when you got here all we had was burgers and brats. Sure, burgers and brats are nice, but you salivated for steaks and ribs, then when you ask for it, some vegetarian(not sure why I invited them lol) tells you that “We don’t want that. How hard can that be to comprehend? Stop asking and go back to your steakhouses with murder!”

It just seems rather silly to get mad at people for asking about what they were told they’d get, especially when the excuses are weak as hell. Yes, weak, because they have artists for all sorts of things, yet can’t seem to get one of them to make sorcery animations. :\

3 Likes

Yes and we told you that sorcery are good as long as it folow the lore and dont messup the curent exelent cobat system.

Sorcery as originally pitched will not make it into the game. You can find that here:

pretty sure they amended that and said they have a sorcery system ready to go, they just need VFX artists willing to relocate to Oslo to finish it

1 Like

Like its not enough people asking for bows to be in par with melee (Legolas Exiles)

Now we need staffs do magic (Gandalf Exiles)

Im ok with Conan really

Who is We? If you don’t like magic, then don’t use it. Is that simple. And if you dont want it, always can return to Fortnite with the other 12 yo PvP fanboys.

2 Likes

No one is asking for nothing that wasn’t planned and announced when we buy the game. It was a core feature.

3 Likes

Problem is that magic normaly become to powerpowerd and the only thing to use…

Go play wow. Seems like exactly what you’re looking for.

@Knerten go play Rust, seems like exactly what you’re looking for, since we’re being reductive

4 Likes

“Our sorcery system taps into the corruption debuffs that affect your character when they descend into the dark and corrupted places of the Exiled Lands. The more corrupted you are the more powerful your spells can become, but it also comes at a cost. To gain power you are forced to cut into your health and stamina, making your body weaker. The sorcery system will, in turn, give you access to necromancy and summoning rituals, letting you call upon evil, twisted creatures to do your bidding for you.”

2 Likes

Can you fellow magic users please come up with lore friendly not flashy ways of having magic in the exiled lands instead?

Some want magic some dont, seem to me very obvious we need to compromise.

How about magic that are hard to use and dark and mysterious instead of flashy?
How about using magic but restricted to dungeons or something and not in everybody’s face?
How about spells that are passive and not for combat instead? Instead of fireballs we’ll have the ability to look through walls etc

Unless I’m mistaken I believe they said they will revisit sorcery at some point. But as we can see that might be a while. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

no one is asking for flashy, we know what the sorcery system entails as per Joel’s comments on it during EA and his confirmation of what he has coded already but isn’t game ready. It’s things like summoning skeletons, transforming into things like the werehyena, curses and hexes.

The only people talking about flashy fireballs and and sith lightning are those trying to argue against any kind of magic at all, in a typical strawman fashion

2 Likes

That did not sound like suggestions for compromise to me.

How can we make those skeletons less in everybodys face? Restriction on number and place? How?

How can shifting form look better? A very slow and ugly and costly ritual? Maybe only usable during night?

Come on work with me here.

But you know sorcery corupts in this lore so are you willing to permanent loos stats to learn it and use it?

1 Like

We don’t need to compromise because we are not developers. Funcom says that they have all system developed and only need a special effects designer to implement it. No lightning and fireballs at all. Lore friendly. Dark and corruption related. Buffs, hexes, transformations and summonings. All of that could be in the game tomorrow if they had the SE guy. Bylos word.

3 Likes

I’d forgive them :stuck_out_tongue: