Which is your favorite biome in Conan Exiles?

River, it’s lush and welcoming.

1 Like

Love the desert biome!!! Fantastic nights, and the landscape near river reminding me of my homecountry is more than ok for me…
If the overheat problem is solved and the noise sound loop that is always there could be bypassed i would vote for volcano especially with nightvision it is a pleasure to the eye… But the “i am everywhere noise loop” and the possibility to loose all stuff in any random crash is not really appealing…

2 Likes

Snow biome; I love the light at night time

3 Likes

There is a nightvision potion

1 Like

My favorite memories of Conan center around the first serious base I built around the Galleon, and I still have a soft spot for that area. I think it’s the desert music that does it for me. Especially the slow mood pieces.

1 Like

I would say the River or Jungle due just to how beautiful it looks, Unfortnuatly you “need” to settle down in other areas to have closer to everything in regards to farming and so on.

1 Like

The river, without a doubt. The best views, easy access to water and - crucially - not the near-constant rain & gloom of the Highlands or Jungle.

Though it’s probably ironic that I’ve never built a main base on or near a river yet, only outposts. I guess it’s a matter of resources, at the end of the day.

4 Likes

River / Oasis is by far the most beautiful biome. Jungle, Highlands and North suffer from broken weather and / or pitch black darkness of the nigh time.

1 Like

Tundra … it’s harsh, wild and creepy.
But I’m building my base in the desert, near the Dogs of Desert Capital: it’s near the Unnamed City (which is a good source of Dragonbone, Fragments and Thralls) and Sepermeru, which is always nice to visit.

I’d like Tundra to be more profitable: it’s too risky considering the rewards.

1 Like

The atmosphere of the jungle is brilliant. I :heart: it.
With all the gorillas and grey apes i sometimes feel like Sigourney Weaver in Gorillas in the Mist.
A little less rain and some more point of interests would be desirable.
And paintable Walls, so i can make them more green like moss vegetation to fit in the jungle.

Greetings
SirBowen

3 Likes

The best biome is obviously the one in the north-east, you know, the place where we can go for now =p

2 Likes

We always build in the desert, darn near dead center of the map.
With the Sink Hole just to the east of us. High on a plateau.

We have an outpost at NA, with no obelisks about it make for long walks.

2 Likes

I have wanted a mossy green brick structures (T1 thru T3) since 2nd day on Conan.
I actually would love to see base game add 3 colors based on how you cook your bricks.
T1–add raw stone plus plant fibers for mossy,cochineal for the Finger Fang area moutains, grey flower lupine for the mounds/asagarth.
T2–cook stone with vines makes mossy brick,blood for red brick,raw ash for grey brick
T3–just add consolidant to the T2 variants.

8 Likes

Personally, I’d be happy if the materials simply matched the color of the stone native to a given biome better, particularly T1. Sandstone looks great in the jungle, desert, and savanna, but it’s a real eyesore in the highlands, mounds, swungle, and arctic regions.

3 Likes

Yeah, but i figured it would be hard to have to re-code all the stones you harvest to match the reason. Easier to use a recipe with the area’s dye colorants. Easy to get, and crafts the same time as the original base game stuff.

1 Like

No no, I mean any buildings of that tier in a given biome simply have their texture swapped out. It would have nothing to do with where you farmed the stone or anything at all. There’s already functionality that knows where you are (i.e. the one that selects the appropriate music), so it should be a simple matter of knowing where a given block is and applying the correct texture to match. Anyway, probably more appropriate for a separate suggestion thread than here.

2 Likes

But that would remove choice. And it being a sandbox, i may want to build in a different color and not be as hidden. IE, if i wanted to build a Grey Castle on a Jungle Island, i couldn’t because game would select the biomes color. But we both agree, different colors would be awesome.

1 Like

I’ve seen a few too many sandstone monstrosities in the Highlands for me to see this as a bug and not a feature. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

But yes, I agree that some alternative colors to at least the basic building sets (Sandstone, Insulated Wood, Stone Brick, and Reinforced Stone) would be welcome. Given that the latest DLC has showcased multiple foundations for the same pieces, this doesn’t seem like it should be too much of a technical stretch to suit either your preference or mine. And frankly I could be happy with either.

To tie this back into the original topic, I’d say the aesthetics of the various lovely biomes could be further enhanced with the availability of differently-textured building pieces as Barnes noted. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Actually none of these, but deserts fits the most.
Because I prefer some oasis for a neat village or cottage.
Then again…
Anyway. Building in these spiky mountains is fun as well!

My two favorite spots are:
That higher area more or less north of sepermeru (where one of these III/IV armorer camps is - only possible using mods I think).
OR
some area in highlands WITHOUT rain.

If there was no rain… Oh wow.
Tons of astonishing places to build - especially in the swungle. Or highlands.

As for solo pvp: Anywhere “hidden” near the curse wall.

1 Like

I’m just chillin’ over here with @Croms_Faithful and @Necro in the mounds. You know being Cimmerian and all. Regrettably, I don’t feel shame when I have to kill my own race to take their steel.

3 Likes