Which structures are cold resist?

I have a puny arena keep north of mounds, no issues with temperature there. And i have little ligthing that might give any warmth, and zero fireplaces.

I tested purely the structures themselves. Tidy 2x2’s without any proximity temperature alterations such as torches or such.

I run my test with attention to detail and several control groups, with different set types performance relative to one another.

Arena set are cool structures compared to Khitan.

So, it’s good and nice that your hut further north keeps you sufficiently warm, Khitan will still outperform it by miles.

The British Islands climate is mild cold in the northern Scottish highlands and the Shetlands and Orkney Islands, and temperate for the rest, but rainy everywhere. Most of the border between Pictishland and Aquilonia is temperate to hot climate. I agree it"d been a better choice to make the Frontier buildings temp neutral. It wasn’t done so making them hot resist is a better choice than cold resist.

The use of fur for the Pictish armour set is a game design. But furs is very common for ceremonial clothes in many primitive societies even those in hot climate. Then I always had the feeling that the choice of fur was made to give more use for it in crafting. If you look at all the recipes, very few use fur while many use skin, light and heavy, and leather, normal and thick.
You could make the same argument for armour crafted with silk. SOme are cold resist and some are heat resist. But IRL silk was used to keep you warm not cool. And it does a better job at it than fur. To stay cool you must use lien or cotton made clothes.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.