Why are gods still disabled?

Game mode: Online official
Type of issue: Misc
Server type: PvP

I know god avatars are disabled due to an exploit, so the real question… when will the exploit be fixed and released, with gods enabled?

I’m surprised it was not with the last patch. This significant feature of the game has been unavailable for more than half of this year I think, which is very bad.

1 Like

Hey @VirginMarie

Let us answer each question separately:

We explain the reasons here: https://forums.funcom.com/t/psa-avatar-summoning-temporarily-disabled-on-official-servers/82322/

No ETA yet, other than “when it’s fixed and confirmed”. Please note that we’re not actively delaying the release of this fix out of a whim, we just want to make sure the exploits that abused this feature are successfully mitigated instead of having to disable the feature again in a few weeks.

Counting both times it’s been disabled, this feature has been unavailable in official servers for two months and two weeks. Private servers have been unaffected by this.

Since this is not a bug report, we’ve also moved it to General Discussions.
Apologies for the frustration.

1 Like

Thank you @Ignasi. I must say, it’s great to see Funcom answering so many posts these days.

Gods allow players to deal with under mesh bases. So on one hand you are slapping the cheaters on the hand by disabling avatars, but on the other hand, you gave them a gift. God avatars are also a fun part of the game.

I do hope this is getting some decent priority. I think for the sake of keeping players interested, any exploit should be top priority with under mesh at the top of the list.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.