Why are you ruining all the old content like Frost Palace?

So let’s see. I take my hardened steel arrows to Frost Palace forge and now use one alchemical base to make them weaker? Making them no longer levels your character XP so why would I go to Frost Palace? Shouldn’t you have just removed the instance from the game?

Why are weapons and items you travel to the end of a dungeon and fight a level boss to get less powerful than items from a skeleton key chest? These weapons should be the equal of anything from a simple skeleton key chest.

I could go on, but to be brief. please stop ruining the old content. Exiles is sorely lacking in quests and adventures.

17 Likes

It is true that with the release of AoW there is no longer any interest .
in homemade weapons Under the pretext of making legendary weapons legendary again (basically nerfed by Funcom) they nerfed all the other weapons.
we release a half-baked addition to rectify our errors and this arbitrarily without the opinion of the players who did not ask for anything .
In addition to doubtful choices Aow has actually made content obselete.
The weapons in black ice and obsidia (high -level weapons) have become so ridiculous (they are suffered by a solid nerve) that one wonders why go to the dungeons (ice temple and volcano) to admit their receipts and made them !!

Thank you Funcom, you understood everything (irony) rather than getting out of the content in an arbitrary way thinking that you understand better the game, thought about the design !!

Perhaps someone at Funkom thinks we’ll go there to admire the beauty of the sparkling ice and enjoy the excellent soundtrack? :smiling_face_with_tear:

3 Likes

Yep, they did Black Ice weaponry dirty.
Inferior to Hardened steel, and when this was pointed out, rather than improve them, they simply torqued the recipes.

It adds a dubious debuffs that will only ever be useful in PvP dueling, and even then it’s actually not worth it at all. Very sad.
Their only use now is to use as an illusion on other, better weapons.

4 Likes

Battle pass challenge kill 10 frost giants.

1 Like

There’s never really been a reason to go to the Frost Temple. The moment legendaries were available, it was obsolete. Just don’t go there. If you need to kill giants, just spawn them in singleplayer and wack them.

2 Likes

I go there because of the ambiance. On Single player I always place a thrall to rescue inside.

It’s there inside a cage. :smile:

4 Likes

Where’s the fun in that :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

1 Like

Agreed. I only go there to make the Aesir armor when I wanna illusion it to something. Even black ice tools are too brittle to make the effort.

1 Like

They should be at least the same dmg with the extra effect they have, i agree.

Here we disagree. Harvesting black ice is already broken, you get a ton of xp just harvesting black ice. I don’t understand why crafting black ice arrows should provide you xp, that was wrong all along.

That’s the new meta after a gazillion requests to make legendary useful again. So they placed all the chests for skeleton keys in the end of each dungeon. 2 to the price of one.
But i agree that blacksmiths should be able to craft almost equally weapons to dmg, without the extra that a legendary weapon gives.
For example on exile lands except the Thag scythe you don’t have any other legendary 2h axe. So the blacksmiths should make something really close to it and not so far from it.

Like i said in the beginning, harvesting black ice is giving you unspeakable xp.
Then the frost giants are good lvl up for thralls.
The Giant king is providing frost giants now, it not only on Lagadara. Keep in mind that frost giants now are maybe the best pets, they get a ton hp and they do not stagger on attacks.
You have a Yeti to fight and a dragon, that means 2 legendary weapons.

This.

1 Like

And more. We should be able to craft a weapon with higher dmg, (if only with bladesmiths). Imo, Telith’s swords should have the highest damage in game (and require star metal). Not only do you need to go through a dungeon, kill the boss (each time for each weapon), but you also need to craft it.
It’s plain stupid that such weapon isn’t the most powerful.
Telith’s weapons should be the ultimate legendary weapons, not surpassable by anything else.

Well, if leveling a thrall, the palace offers 400K XP in a compact space every 15 minutes. It also offers high end healing potions at a good pace, plenty of thick hide, stacks of those arrows you dislike free of charge, and a couple of Legendary weapons. I run it every day I’m leveling, so, pretty much every morning before work.

1 Like

This one doesn’t mind bench craftables being numerically inferior to legendaries.
They just shouldn’t be rubbish.

Also, things that can only be crafted at the frost forge, in the volcano, ect… Should be top of the line. Stats on par with star metal crafted by a tier 3 Smith at minimum.

This one feels that Telith’s swords should be the absolute top of bench craftable swords, approaching if not at parity with the bottom of legendary.

Legendary gear is slave to RNGesus.
You adopt your fighting style it it.
Crafted weapons have better flexibility, you can make what you want.

That said, this one wishes they would add Claws to the Dragon Bone weapons, a Shortsword and possibly Paired Axes to Black Ice, a Katana and Punch Daggers to Obsidian, and Paired Swords to Serpent Man sets.
And Khari just needs a complete overhaul and revamp.

3 Likes

That’s true, but after some farming we get well stocked. It might no be the exact one we want, but we will have several weapons in each category. But it’s a fair point.
I do still think the Telith weapons should surpass the rest. You have to kill one of the hardest bosses and still craft it. Compared to that, a croc or a spider are easy pickings and you can run to the dregs and leave with three new shinny legendaries each time. Giant croc, giant komodo, giant spider, kill the fat boy in the dregs and it’s done. The Black Keep is considerably harder and there aren’t all that many bosses to farm in the vicinity.
You don’t even leave the dungeon with a Telith weapon. You have to craft it still and one heart one produces one weapon. You have four legendary chests at the end of the Black Keep. Four guaranteed legendaries and not a single Telith weapon before you gather materials and craft it. And if you want its better version, you better have a bladesmith. They don’t grow on trees. :smile:
It’s easily the weapon that needs most investment with the exception of a few rare legendaries that have a low drop rate. Those, I admit, could be as powerful as the Teliths, but never above them. I prefer t
hard work to be rewarded above blind luck.

1 Like

Then what do you feel about the Khari weapons?
Much longer and harder dungeon.
This one personally finds the Kinscourge to be an easier (or at least faster) fight than Thag, and then learning a Khari weapon is RNG gated?

2 Likes

Wasn’t there a time when Telith’s Sorrow was the highest damage two-handed sword?

2 Likes

Never above the adventurers blade, or sword of Crom. But The adventurers blade was very rare and sword of Crom for thralls only (things you already know :laughing:) . Until the age of war i was always fixing these swords, not anymore.

True! Not to mention how rare pristine weapons are to obtain and these are no crafted weapons, so they should be legendary and have legendary stats

3 Likes

You craft them from a recipe that you only need to take once, and you can farm the ingots by going everyday to the easy part of the dungeon, but I wouldn’t mind having all the Khari gear up there with the Teliths. They sure could be better. When you know that dungeon like that back of your hand, you can navigate it with little effort and never face Thag again after getting the recipes. As it stands, they are a turn off… which is sad.

1 Like

@stelagel I can’t remember the last time I got one and the Wine cellar is one of my favorite dungeons.

2 Likes