Why can't consoles have full nudity?

It is a minor issue, unless you are a man-boy that thinks with his little head instead of his big head.
Most likely why we are just one step above Neanderthals still.

Nudity can be very useful on consoles.

1 Like

no it really can’t, unless you’re talking about RP and if you’re pretending just pretend the nudity too.

1 Like

It helps keep perverts off the streets.

1 Like

That’s true. Without full nudity on consoles, the poor, disenfranchised console players will be forced to go to dark alleys in order to buy full nudity versions from some shady guy representing the video game cartel that smuggles them in from France. But that will only act as a gateway. Soon they’ll be visiting underground cyber cafes to indulge in visual novels and dating sims. Before you know it they’ll be all over the news, busted by the FBI for selling smuggled in naughty dakimakura.

We have to let the console players get their nudity officially. It’s the only way to keep them from being exposed to this dark underworld.

4 Likes

Luring my enemies and harassers into a death trap is fun.

1 Like

But it’s not feasible on a real PVP server.
No PVP player I’ve ever talked to since EA would be “lured” by a naked.

Once back in EA I was farming, it was before climbing and before you could move encumbered, so my character was “naked” with only a steel pick and sword. I wasn’t in a tribe but was aligned with one of the two major tribes. Our area was attacked I ran into the fight, there wasn’t time to get armour or anything else. We won the day, and the only mention of my lack of armour on both sides was “Nice ****”
No true PVPer will run into a trap because of nudity ever.

PVP-RP however is a different thing altogether.

1 Like

It worked in Age of Conan. :rofl:

My buddy used to take his top off on his Assassin and guys would stop to stare or try to gank him. Then I’d use piercing shot from my ranger hidden some distance away. This was back when it was a bit OP and they would likely drop from the first shot due to stealth bonuses.

3 Likes

I’m talking about this game, nudity is not novel in this game.
at the time of Age of Conan before it was censored, nudity was novel in a mmorpg

It works in real life. During the Vietnam war prostitutes would put traps in their privates made of things like razor blades. Soldier ended up without their manhood or worse and you thought Lorena Bobbitt was bad.

That is just an urban legend, based around stories told to newly deployed.
I happen to be friends with and related to Vietnam Veterans, I can ask the people who were there.
But just a few minutes on google will tell you the same thing that story is BS

Edit: I am an older person, I did not serve even though I tried, I was not physically able.
My Brother, and Cousin both served in the First Calvary my Brother as a gunner from 1967-1968
My Brother in Law served with the 1st Infantry Division also in 1967-1968

To anyone who serves or served, thank you for your service.

Edit 2: Most of my family moved to the Detroit area pre-WW2 my uncles, aunts, grand parents and all.
Edit 3: I added and then removed too much personal information.

1 Like

This is something that needs to be made completely clear- the ESRB and MPAA are not government agencies. They’re independent organizations that charge fees to games or movies respectively in order to rate them. Both spend most of their money on lobbying.

These groups often do bend to the will of the public, but it’s important to understand that they’re no more a representation of the everyday parent than any other corporation. They are technically non-profit, but that is because their profits are spent on political lobbying. That lobbying is generally focused on copyright protection and other legislation that impacts their industry.

1 Like

Here’s the deal folks: I forgot where I read this, but my understanding is that the ESRB draws the line between rated M or AO at being able to control nude characters. That’s why I believe in a game like Cyberpunk you can only see your character naked in menus but in gameplay you’re forced to wear underwear. Fortunately for PC users, the Steam release of Conan is unrated. Of course Sony or Microsoft would never allow unrated or AO games on their platform so Funcom had to accept the M rating to sell the game on consoles in the US.

As for a solution? Besides moving to PC
 start a movement/pressure the rating board, wait until the culture changes, or import a European copy of the game.

2 Likes

Makes sense. I mean, in the grander scheme it kinda doesn’t, but as far as what rating CE would get it fits as a theory.

Except both Sony and Microsoft do allow it. On the UK servers.

1 Like

“unrated or AO games”

Europe rating is M equivalent.

Hence the proverbial monkey wrench in your gears. Europe and the U.S. have different standards and different criteria for those standards.

Nudity on consoles in the U.K. = PEGI 18 = :heart_eyes: :+1:
(Though technically it’s the violence that gets it an 18. Nudity gets them to 16.)

Nudity on consoles in the U.S. = ESRB AO = :scream: :-1:

According to @GroovyNoody it’s AO instead of M because you can control the nude character and so far there’s nothing to say he’s wrong.

1 Like

Ah, so American esrb say seeing nudity= A okay 17+ Being nude=No way AO!

Lots of judgy people in this thread.

Basically, yeah, that’s what Groovy says may be where the ESRB draws the line. Seeing nudity and being nude are different experiences, so it’s not impossible that they’d be put into different rating categories. I haven’t seen anything official on that, but I also haven’t seen anything to say that’s not the way they do it.

Either way, it’s still the console manufacturers and retailers making the decision not to support AO rated titles on those platforms. All that both the ESRB and PEGI does is say anything in this category probably contains this level of violence, nudity, drugs, etc. Anything in this other category probably contains this other level of violence, nudity, etc. etc. If their current standards say controllable nude characters go in the AO category and they knowingly give a game with such content an M instead, that’s what’s commonly referred to as a “lie”.