Why does funcom not fix the spoil rate?

yes tried that but the post gets closed and no one from Funcom ever helps. Must be a nice place to work - bankers hours, don’t have to actually help fix issues, don’t have to investigate or check into any problems and never have to deal with people.

yes I have total access to the files but what difference would this make when it will not even change IN the game? Game settings do not allow me to change them either. Yes I am signed in as admin on the game but the slider does not let me move it any lower and it doesn’t even accept a 0 value either. The slider is pretty far down the bar but has NOT changed the spoil rate in game at all. I have 2 people on my server that have played previously and have plenty of experience in game and they notice that the spoil rate is totally effed up compared to previous game plays

If you say so.

2 Likes

hmmm well I will try to explain this but my server company keeps telling me that it’s an issue with Funcom. They say that changing it within the server does not make a difference. This is their reply - We suggest if your difficulty with the value continues to post on the FunCom forums regarding the setting. We have reviewed the settings and done some testing ourselves. It seems the value 0.001 may not be a legitimate value to use for this setting, and that would be the cause of it reverting. We found cases of others up to two years ago having the same difficulties. We can confirm the server will start with the values that it is told to.
Now this damn value that it keeps reverting to was NOT entered by me. This seems to be some default number that the server keeps reverting to for some reason. I have tried many different numbers including 0 but all have the same result of reverting back.

Yes I realize the value is wrong but I did not set that number. It is setting itself to this number. If you don’t add the decimal and enough zeroes it will add them in automatically since they all NEED a certain number of places. I have been trying to explain that this is on their end but it’s just one BS excuse after another and since they don’t actually HELP it’s gone nowhere for over a month now.
But this doesn’t explain the bizarre spoil issues and the fact that this was happening long before I ever changed a thing. The spoil rate clearly does not work properly. Anyone who’s ever even glanced at the game forums has seen this going back for at least 2-3 years.

Ofcurce you can go north from day one , actually you can go everywhere from day one ,have all the obelisks all the religions , all the emotes and some daggon scales for improved fish traps . All you have to do is travel and every 200 steps place a bedroll . By traveling on the map you gain really fast levels and before you even decide where to build you are minimum lvl 35 . About the decay issue submit a ticket at Zendesk because I think is a g portal issue and not the game it self . Or maybe you did something wrong to your parameters and you don’t know what .
I ’ be played on decades of servers private and official too . Sometimes they bug ,but this is not constant . If you have constant issues then take the advises above and stop shouting to the void , the game hasn’t these problems , the gamers have them .

laff

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.