Why does it take funcom so long to fix stuff?

Wrong statement… Not the free weekend players r to blame…
Besides if they cannot afford more players in their servers ,then they should open more servers due to upcoming free event …

Why do you talk on behalf of funcom do you work there or something lmao half of what you re saying ain’t even true . Mr know it all

1 Like

I asked. I was only told that they have a partnership. If that isn’t good enough for evidence here, then neither is the assumptions you all are making either.

Try it yourself. Filter the servers by player count and join a 70, 80, or 90 man server and see the performance for yourself. I bet you won’t.

1 Like

I can’t speak for PVP servers, but on PVE(-C) servers the “why now” has an easy answer: overbuilding.

The influx of players to the game has brought many players to the servers. Not just new players, but also old players coming back and trying out the new changes. As a result, you get a whole bunch of players building elaborate builds everywhere they can.

Some of those are also ridiculously massive, but even if those weren’t there, we would still have the same problem due to the density. Most of the “hot” spots on the map – and many that aren’t so hot – now have two or more buildings, none too massive, but all of them a stone throw’s away from the other.

So now you have 20+ players riding around, making the server send them a whole bunch of data all the time as they come into the range of all these builds and ride out of the range again.

Long story short, the PVE-C server I’m currently playing on gets laggy AF as soon as there are more than 20 players online. When there are 30+ players online, the server FPS remains in the single digits all the time, and if this doesn’t let up, the server ends up crashing.

That depends: optimized enough for what? It’s certainly not “optimized enough” to support more than 20 concurrent players on GPortal’s hardware when the building density on the map is as high as it currently is.

5 Likes

Performance in a full sever pre 3.0 was perfectly fine. I know this because theses are the servers I try and play on.
Performance after 3.0 on a full sever absolutely horrendous. So we blame g portal now? Maybe but it seems less likely then FC messing something up.

1 Like

People have been complaining about performance on the servers 20+ players for a very long time now, well before 3.0.

Their twitter forum is littered with the wreckage of a billion screams complaining about the server performance since the long ago.

2 Likes

I don’t see how this isn’t really considered common knowledge. I mean you literally see G-Portal advertised in game.

2 Likes

Hardly and not on the scale it is currently. It’s actually unplayable

I don’t think it’s that hard to communicate to the community. I’d like to know is the issue going to get better soon? Or should my clan just pack it in and move to a different game?

I don’t doubt that. But the details aren’t available to you or me, and they aren’t any of our business. Performance of officials while they do affect those who play on them were not a guarantee or included feature of Conan Exiles. That is literally between FC and G-portal.

I will say this, FC has taken measures to improve things on their end. Those of us who play and host private servers benefited from this. Especially those of us who run mods. There was a night and day difference sometime last year.

Like I said, we’re going into territory that is none of our business.

I don’t know if this is true or not as there was some server downtime some months ago that involved hardware configuration. Sorry I don’t have more info on that, I didn’t delve into it. I happened to see it pop here in the forums for a day or so. I’m not even sure if it was every server cluster or not. But this happens all the time. The server I play on went through this recently with its provider. This usually involves an IP change.

I mean the 50,000 tweets screaming about server performance since 2017 beg to differ but do you my dude.

I will because I’m seeing it first hand. 50,000 questionable number but over 5 years ok. How about all the complaints over 1 week?

I mean I already did. You saw the response I got. :stuck_out_tongue:

I wish they would switch to another provider. And I think they should. My position on that hasn’t changed. I just know why they haven’t and understand why they don’t. Doesn’t change what -I- want, or what you want for that matter.

It’s not gportal ark doesn’t have lagg compared to ce and as for dayz it’s not optimized as well so ofc it’s going to be the same it’s all about performance and optimizations and coding. It’s hard af don’t get me wrong because usually when you fix one thing it causes a web of other problems

They do optimize it every patch. Especially from 2.2 to 2.8, even 3.0 had some. As I said, we even saw improvements over the last year on private servers. Don’t get me wrong. I think they should optimize so we can easily have 200 players. I do -want- that.

I don’t know if they want to push that hard. But they do intend on 40 man servers to run well (the number they selected as being the intended amount). And so far, 40 man servers DO run well on servers. All but one provider.

I’m sure it is possible with time for them to work that out so it does run on G-portal. But that isn’t time I’ve been willing to wait for, so I don’t even bother with G-portal hosted servers. I urge anyone on PC to not do so either. Consoles like I said don’t have a choice, so they have no choice but to wait.

It’s a mess man, chaos again!!!
It reminded me the first days I decided to go online years ago.
From the one side it makes me happy, because this may mean that the lights will stay on. But now more than ever I want to rent my own server and invite specific persons. What I cannot handle is the admin part, I don’t want to be an admin, I want to play and help not to spawn. If I will find someone to take the admin part I will totally do it, officials are keeping crushing and I grow tired to spawn wherever and run naked all the time to retrieve my loot. The only benefit to have a female character :rofl::rofl::rofl:, but even this cannot actually save the frustration :confused:. Well sayed brother, thanks alot :+1:t6:

2 Likes

I don’t know Boobie. 50,000 is me using hyperbole but its been a constant stream since beta.

Do you have data to reinforce your position that this particular update is more pronounced than the ones before it? If so I’ll gladly reconsider my stance.

Codemage’s assessment seems about right. I would say there is more complaints not only because there is more people playing but also because more people are playing. It does tend to be on the exponential side of exacerbation.

I’ll see if I can clarify this. When you login to your base. Your base is loaded for you and the server. When someone logs in next door to you, it loads in for him, and the server. If they move closer to you your base is loaded for him, you, and the server.

10 people on a server spread out means the server loads everything for each person, but only needs to send stuff about it to that one person. 20 people loaded and moving around close to and far from each other causes more than double the load.

The more people are online the more stuff is loaded, and the more likely people are to be in proximity to one another to increase the load at a faster than linear rate.

This is a heavy simplification of what is going on. But one I hope makes sense to most.

Now add in the fact that offline player bases have to be loaded in when people get next to them. That’s the part Codemage brought up. This is also the part the FC has focused on for the last year or so with optimizations.

Its gotten better. It can use more work. It can always use more work. I mean I support optimizing the game in every patch forever. It just pushes the number of players privates can have. We used to be stuck aroun 40 or 50 in early access. Launch got us to 70. Siptah pushed it to 80. Now I’ve seen popular servers go to 90.

We’re almost halfway to where I want it.

2 Likes

Why would I have to prove anything to you? Do you think it bothers me that you don’t believe me? My “data” is me and everyone I know who plays the game continuously crashing. I think that’s a little more pronounced then before when I never once crashed.
So whatever stance you have is completely fine with me but what I don’t get is why even question it? What do you gain

What do you gain

Because people that hop on and act like they have hidden knowledge about what “everyone else thinks” and pretend that the current issue is a gigantic emergency more pressing than anything that has come before them in an effort to yank on emotional heart strings and employ the “welp I guess me and my whole clan are just going to leave then” annoys me.

2 Likes