Why Private Servers are empty?

Last month a several servers was depopulated in favor of the official servers. It’s a real problem, if this continues admins wont can support his costs.

My reasons are:

• Multiply gatherer factor have more speed to get high end of this game.
  • Several wipes has repetitive this game and when you have a great “den” server wipe.
  • Long size of clans. if you play with two or three friends it’s dificult stand up if every week you are been raided.
  • Offline raids, the most common shape to abandon server is when you connect and appears in desert XD

Whats is your opinion?

I don’t know whether it’s a general thing, but my official server has suffered a 80% decline in population in the last month or so (including my own, much of the time). Personally I think it’s the lack of the Purge, which is catastrophically still missing.

So I don’t think this is necessarily a problem local to private servers.

1. Funcom does not do the right thing so that private servers that are often modded can appears in the client list the same way as officials do.
  2. They have no good system for installing mods and that frighten away most of the players, despite that the mods are really easy to install locally at your PC. Though Funcom is working on that now but I think they will not make it perfect, and that on purpose.
  3. There are too many private servers and the game has a low player base.
  4. Players follow the same path as the rest of humanity. They generalize admin abuse that can happens to saying that all or majority of private servers are bad. If it were about humans, instead of servers, then you would call that racism. If 1 black man rapes your sister then all blacks are rapist.

The responsibility for the state of things belongs only to Funcom. They are the only ones that can fix this to a bigger extend than we players can do. The only thing we can do as consumers is to have 1-3 huge dedicated servers with several admins that agree about the server’s settings and mods and that together pay for the rented server.

Perhaps a ‘private server reputation’ indicator on private servers voted on by the players - a feedback system for these servers would be useful.

1 Like

Yes, they do that already in Topconanservers. The most populated servers send their players to vote and type nice thing. I went later in to some of them and not all were good when it comes to lag and stuff like that. 300- 700 ping times in some of them and brutal spikes. It is a full time job to have a voting system that is right and makes justice :frowning:

that sounds like a system ripe for abuse with an agry person with scrips

i dont know how these forums work lol

1. Funcom does not do the right thing so that private servers that are often modded can appears in the client list the same way as officials do.

Modded servers do show up in the server list. It’s a checkbox filter to enable to make modded servers viewable in your search. If Funcom made it so modded servers couldn’t be filtered out, then people would complain about that too. If a modded server isn’t showing up in the list at all, it’s often user error related (firewall settings).

They have no good system for installing mods and that frighten away most of the players, despite that the mods are really easy to install locally at your PC. Though Funcom is working on that now but I think they will not make it perfect, and that on purpose.

…You think Funcom will intentionally try to make the auto mod downloader difficult to use? Besides the fact you can test it for yourself on testlive right this second to see how easy it is to enable (it’s a check box, then you join the server you want to join…and that’s it), what makes you believe Funcom will intentionally make modding more difficult? There is no logic behind that sentence at all.

“what makes you believe Funcom will intentionally make modding more difficult? There is no logic behind that sentence at all.”

It is not a believe. It is a question, wondering.

Modded servers do show up in the server list.

I ask this same question in a devs stream in twitch. The answer I got [ that it is not on purpose ] implies that what I were asking was so in fact. If the answer you get to a question is given that way then the receiver will imply that the reason behind that question was right.

Ok, if I understood right you mean the modded servers can be seen even without checking the checkbox? Because that is what I am wondering, whether we can see the the servers the same way as the other servers: without checkbox. This same question is done also by other posters, I guess then your answer is the answer you give to all of us, namely that the servers appears blended together with the other servers.

Ok, ty!

That… didn’t make any sense

As for private servers, I play on one that stands empty 18 hours a day
Then my group logs in and we rp and pvp for 4 hours

I am in heaven

A good idea, reputation server can be a good for the game.

Other good idea, gamerules for landclaiming. t1 decay more fast than t3 for example?

1 Like

Why not combine a 5x harvest multiplier with 1/5 building damage? You’ll still have some PVP, but it’ll be somewhat discouraged due to the fact that every base will be tougher to crack. People will be more apt to reserve PVP attacks for bases that are either ugly, or not well defended.

You could also increase NPC damage and reduce player damage, so that players won’t hit each other as hard but player-on-NPC fights will still look engaging.

I stopped playing on private servers due to abusive admins, excessive lists of rules, and, overall toxicity upon private servers.

I hate getting into a server to be told that there are rules that I must read that were not clearly defined. When the rules are read, and followed they usually changed on a dime causing the admin to destroy the building that I had already made, or making changes to a said build when I was offline for a day or two. Also most of the private servers that I had joined had pages and pages of rules yet the admins upon said servers did not follow said rules. So now I only play singleplayer so I know that all the hard work I had done is not destroyed because someone who thinks of themselves as god did not change said rules on a dime.

I also left private servers due to the excessive amount of lag upon said servers, and due to admins building things like rp towns that would just clutter up the server. I also had run into an admin who build a giant walled dungeon that obstructed everyone’s movement after taking over a server from another admin who seemed to be doing a great job running things until he left. Then the server was taken over by an individual who completely destroy the server, and its community.

Personally I play games to relax, and to have fun. Not to be presented with 1000 rules that are not followed by everyone, and are just put in place to make the players who join lives more difficult. A good example of this is servers that dont allow players to use foundation blocks as an actual foundation. Not talking about foundation walls, but actually using a foundation to build a building.

Anyways singleplayer in my opinnion is the only way to play this game without coming back to a base destroyed, an admin rampaging and destroying everything because they got angry, or having to deal with people who are just generally toxic. Its sad because I used to enjoy playing on multiplayer servers back in the day, but now it seems that you cant even move 2 feet in the game without being presented with some outlandish rule.

So in all honesty that is my specific reason for not playing on private servers. Private servers are rife with admin abuse, and admins have ruined the game for me since I cannot build a base without it being destroyed (could have even been a small base and they manage to destroy that as well 10 foundations literally still a problem). Anyways if admins would change there stance on the amount of rules they impliment to servers, and stop wasting the time of the player then maybe I would return back to private servers, but until that time I am going to be playing singleplayer since it seems to be the only viable game mode left that does not come with mountain sized amounts of un-needed drama.

Had nothing to do with the purge, and had nothing to do with the game overall. I am more afraid to play on private servers because it is actually what made me salty about this game, and started to make me quite angry. Now after a while of playing singleplayer I can say I am in a better headspace, but in all honesty I would never go back to another private server again unless it was like it was in the past.

Its just sad that I cant seem to find a single private server in this game that is not rife with admin abuse.

Please leave necromancy to necromancers.