Windows 7 - crashes on startup after Update 41 (16.06.2020) - Feedback thread

same here

yep still no win 7 fix

ENGLISH
Hello my friends
I was looking for the game folder, and I realized that if I delete the folder “saved” in
Steam\steamapps\common\Conan Exiles\ConanSandbox

The game runs for a few minutes, until the error appears again

PT-BR
Olá meus amigos
eu andei procurando pela pasta do jogo, e percebi que se eu excluir a pasta saved
Steam\steamapps\common\Conan Exiles\ConanSandbox
O jogo funciona, durante uns poucos minutos, até o erro aparecer novamente

1 Like

This is what comes in the Windows Event log:

svchost (12116,R,98) TILEREPOSITORYS-1-5-18: Error -1023 (0xfffffc01) occurred while opening logfile C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\systemprofile\AppData\Local\TileDataLayer\Database\EDB.log.

my ask is
if ■■■■■■ don’t solve this problem, how many players will abandon this game?

2 Likes

if F U N C O N*

Does anyone know if the binaries or the content is causing the issue?

Guide: How to download older versions of a game on Steam is available on reddit.

Google it as I choose not to post a link just to get the post removed

Error code reads,

The instruction at 0xfbd5053 referenced memory at0xffffffff.
Memory could not be read.

Click ok to terminate program.

System,

WIN 7 64bit
Service Pack 1
ASUSTeK
Intel I7-4700 HQ CPU @ 2.40GHZ
12 GB RAM
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 765m

Currently running purely vanilla.
Also renting my own private server.

On first init. after update/hotfix error came up and game continued to run in background. When I clicked ok, CE stopped and I returned to my home screen.

I then validated game files and restarted pc.

On second init. CE loaded and threw same error code during opening video. I moved the window to the bottom right corner of the screen and attempted to load the server screen. Eventually server came up with a ping of ???. Game dumped, left with error screen.

Decided to re install the game so I un installed the game and deleted all game files from steamapp folders, restarted pc and performed install.

Install complete, third init. loaded all the way to server screen where the server did not come up at all this time. I let the game sit in this state while i tried to locate server on second WIN 10 machine (could not locate server from this machine either). Went to check WIN7 machine and it had dumped completely to home screen with ConanSandbox.exe error. What else do I need to say to get this fixed expeditiously?

This is the Windows log of the event

Faulting application name: ConanSandbox.exe, version: 4.15.3.0, time stamp: 0x5ee8e080
Faulting module name: ConanSandbox.exe, version: 4.15.3.0, time stamp: 0x5ee8e080
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x0000000000275053
Faulting process id: 0x1fb8
Faulting application start time: 0x01d6441891bc0962
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Conan Exiles\ConanSandbox\Binaries\Win64\ConanSandbox.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Conan Exiles\ConanSandbox\Binaries\Win64\ConanSandbox.exe
Report Id: d45f2dea-b00b-11ea-ad6c-ac220b13f526

3 Likes

NO not solved

Hi,

Win 7 User tow and mean to be a private server administrator so you understand that’s i’am so f*ù0§ ! up on this one !
Please do a quick patch, tomorow will be for the best and not in a week or tow as we are used.

Here on conan since the begining and i have never seen a update without crasy thing this, but this one is in my top 3 !

Be braves and may the Force be with you… And with us, we’ll need it.

That’s no realy the point here, don’t you think ? o_O

Another silent update…speak to us, Conan.

1 Like

That’s not how the law works. You can’t accuse a video game developer of causing a decline in mental health, increased stress or any form of discrimination just because a patch isn’t operating properly. If that were the case, Bethesda would have been sued out of existence 14 years ago when Elder Scrolls: Oblivion came out.

What we can point out to Funcom though is that there are people paying real money to host private servers for this game, and right now that money is going completely to waste because of this update. A whole day someone has paid for and got nothing from due to an unstable patch is not acceptable, and if this were an MMO, some form of compensation would be handed out by the developer to say sorry.

So two possible suggestions here…

1: Roll back the update to a stable version while you work on fixing whatever this problem is, and don’t release it until it is 100% functioning correctly.

or

2: Continue attempting to make this broken update work, but in return, every player that has been affected by this terrible patch gets some kind of free DLC. Could be something as simple as some statues or some cool looking armour or something. you can sell it on Steam for money afterwards obviously, but all of US who are currently losing money because of this update, get it for nothing. Sounds pretty fair to me.

Also, tested with both of the two 20mb patches that came out, neither of them fixed anything. Game still comes up with a memory read error when launching with BattleEye, and UE4.exe crashes when launching without it.

2 Likes

Ah, another 17mb patch came out while I was typing that.

And yup, memory read error and UE4.exe crash is still there.

1 Like

So it seems I can get on my server. Noticed two servers with same name in list and both listed as my current lvl. Managed to play for a few minutes and seemed to run like before update. However, The WIN7 machine is still crashing during start scene (move error window to the bottom right corner and continue) and does not see the server in the list. I can find it manually and try to connect but game dumps on load screen. I wonder if any additional logs from my windows account could help? There are other simultaneous errors in the logs im not sure what they pertain to

System:

• Windows 7 Pro SP1

Hardware:

• CPU: Intel i5-6400
  • RAM: 32 Go
  • Graphics Cards: nVidia 1080 Ti

Now, about my situation:

• Got automatic crash on game launch after the Update today.
  • Got automatic crash on game launch after the 2 Go Hotfix today.
  • Got automatic crash on game launch after the 17.2 Mo Hotfix today.

Always a crash error due to an attempt of using some memory allocation in “read only” mode.
Here is an example after the most recent hotfix (17.2 Mo) a few minutes ago.

2 Likes

Playing around with troubleshooting, I found that removing everything from my steamapps\common\Conan Exiles\ConanSandbox\Saved folder allows me to get into the game and log into our private server. Once in game, opening or doing anything then triggers the same error to occur and closes the game. Reopening the game has the immediate error and force closes again. Clearing the folder once again will allow me to repeat the same steps of logging in and playing until I open a menu. I can run around in game as long as I do not try to open any menus.

Update on the crash issue at least on Windows 10 for me.

I got another character. And I logger her on same server on same computer. No crash.

I have re-created the first character but she is still crashing. (nude and unconfigured with nothing on her)

clear dir Conan Exiles\ConanSandbox\Saved\Logs
create dir “SilentEvents.log-upload-0” in folder logs

9 Likes