Wisp Light should be toggle-able instead of having a time limit

Regardless of 2-handed accessibility, 90 seconds isn’t long enough to justify spending reagents that require a specific bench to craft. The torch is both cheaper and lasts significantly longer. If you had a wisp spell that lasted 5-10 minutes which you could toggle off by recasting it, I think it would be a much stronger game mechanic.

3 Likes

Agreed. For a simple light, it needs a serious time buff.

2 Likes

honestly with the way the wisps work, and the way lighting works, even if the wisp were to last 5 minutes i don’t think its worth the trade off of a pouch, a simple torch can be made with wood and plant fiber, the pouch is made of 10 twine a putrid meat and 3 bones, at a bench this just isn’t worth the cost even at 5 min, when a torch is toggleable and lasts much longer by default

Id suggest replacing the wisp that orbits the player with a 5 to 10 min night vision potion effect, and the projectile wisp to a 10 min brazer summon to light an area

2 Likes

Torch doesn’t work with 2h weapons. Night vision is horrible and performs differently on different clients and settings so a hard pass on your suggestion. You can still use you night vision potions or a torch if that works for you.

The wisp is fine just needs to last a little longer.

1 Like

@Narelle So you’d rather spend 13 reagents that you can’t craft by hand to -almost- make up for the time of a toggle-able light source made of 2 of the easiest things to get in the game? 2H weapon or no, slightly buffed timers or no, the amount of reagents you’re going to need to carry in a dungeon to make this viable is insane.

1 Like

I don’t need reagents for dungeons I increase my gamma. I am not a fan of sorcery in general so I doubt I will be using any of the spells. You cannot use a torch with 2 handed weapon so not sure why we are still comparing it to a torch.

I don’t mind your idea @Nethermore but removing it to replace it with a torch or night vision which we already have is a hard pass.

3 Likes

Obviously, yes.

And that’s okay.

Preference should not become prejudice.

I will, most probably, stick to torches and night vision hats.

That’s my preference.

1 Like

Ah yes, me too. I have no desire to remove it in place of a torch or night vision either. I think it’s a super cool alternate way to play.

Don’t use it in a swamp it could lead you to your doom…

1 Like

Why not 20 minutes?

It’s not exactly game-breaking, is it?

For it to be a toggle, wouldn’t it need to be an item on your bar? So maybe the spell just needs to create a Wisp item that you can put on your bar. With a limit to how long it “lives” before disappearing. So you can turn it on and off as needed.

Maybe a check on the spell itself. If you have a wisp on your bar or in your inventory, then it will just replace that one. So you can’t stockpile a bunch of them. Then you’d probably also need to make it so it can’t be dropped or stuck in a storage. But with 0 weight.

1 Like

I agree: Duration should be increased, and massively.

90 seconds won’t even last through some fights.

1 Like

It is a game. It should be fun, not tedious. Make it an hour long, or more. The trade off will be the swirling wisp constantly buzzing in your ear.

3 Likes

They have a toggle for the hide corruption spell, so I would assume there would be similar logic to apply it to the wisp.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.