Worst update of all time, and yes iam using shields since the beginning

I believe the higher your grit, the less it takes. My Stamina regen is actually faster, and I don’t use that much Stamina on shield blocks.

I’m a shield user myself and I have zero issues with this update. No problem killing npc’s or getting away when I need to.

Why do you think you should be able to perma block?

[ i now understand why funcom has no reason to listen to the players, half the players have no idea what they are talkin about. so when someone that does gets over shadowed. Thank you loud screamer for drowning out players that have a clue.]

6 Likes

Honestly if it were up to me I would have opted to make shield on to increase armor value when using to block so that it compensates for using stamina but honestly it fine. They use some nerfing of boss hp again for this or tune down the bosses damage

2 Likes

if updates were on the correct direction could also be renamed into cheers avenue

1 Like

You’re allowed to not like balance changes and we appreciate your feedback, and you’re welcome to disagree with each other, but you need to avoid personal insults and especially avoid hateful and/or ableist speech when doing so. Performing minor cleanup.

7 Likes

So, are you insinuating that holding a shield and using it to deflect an incoming blow from an enemy’s attack uses no effort on your part at all? Because it does, and thus that depletes your stamina. How is this hard to understand? Learn when to use your shield and when not to and don’t expect to sit there like a turtle with a shell of invulnerability. LEARN before you cry.

I’d have to tinker with the new shield mechanics myself. So far from every video I’ve seen, peeps are blocking and blocking and blocking multiple attacks.

We don’t do that with dodging. We don’t go full on dark souls and dodge over and over and over. So why do the same with block? Ideally I think you can block an attack and then move to adjust for whatever you need to do such as dodge, heal, attack, or block again if needed.

But so far I don’t have an opinion one way or another other than youtube personalities being terrible at the game as usual.

3 Likes

I have a problem with the new stamina system when it comes to the 50points encumberence perk. It drains stamina way to fast and it takes way to long to regain stamina.

The reason of an encumberence perk is to allow to carry stuff and actually be overencumbered with the benefit of still beeing able to run/faster walk while you are low on health and strength. But as soon as you actually get overencumbered now it drains your stamina so fast, that its almost pointless to go for the 50 encumberence perk. I wasn´t even able to get brimstone without almost getting killed by rocknoses that chase you over half the map now. I think you went too far with it. If the encumberence perk has no use anymore for people, because they can´t run, then this perk is useless.

You want your game to be more grindier, so people spend more hours in it? Ok, I get it. I take my pick and mine stones or what ever you want for hours. I don´t care. But I refuse to walk like an old lady while gasping air as I would die every minute for +30 minutes 100 times a day just to bring some materials home to craft something. Thats redic.

1 Like

I saw this coming the moment I heard about the stamina changes. Just so you know, Funcom devs hate the 50 encumbrance perk. They’ve stated it before. They simply don’t want it to exist. The only reason it hasn’t been deleted is because its pandora’s box. You can’t really close it.

But I had a suspicion with this patch where it would become kinda useless or pointless and well here we are. I’ll wager they’ll let it run for a bit and let peeps ween off of it before changing it to something else entirely.

I know it stinks, but them’s the facts. Personally I would have changed it long ago, just said ‘oops, this was a terrible idea’ but they have a different way of doing things than I do.

2 Likes

They can´t take it off, because it would kill the game and this they know. I don´t say this lightly, buts true. It doesn´t matter if they like it or not. They should have thought about it before introducing it to the masses. Now it exist and it gets used a lot, because of farming and raiding reasons.

They can change a whole lot of stuff and people will adapt to it even if they complain, but this perk as is is essential to people. There are too many items you need for production to keep up, specially on a pvp server. And you run around constantly collecting materials. You need to be able to transport this stuff home. If people get raided they need tons of material to repair or rebuild. If they raid others they often need over hundred bombs a raid. How does Funcom thinks stuff works on their servers? That people collect 500 stones a day and are done? This is a illusion. And its sad that they apperantly still do not get how their game works.

Me and my other half are running dungeons and hotspots on almost a daily basis for at least 2 hours. He is skilled purly pvp and I run the encumberence perk. He and our thralls killing everything there is on our way and while they slaughter I use my pickaxe to collect stuff. We are both having 20 points in stamina. And while he has no problems fighting with it after the update, I now constantly hanging behind waiting for my stamina to regain. And I do nothing else then runing behind him and collecting stuff from the things he and thralls kill. He got the benefits of having strg and vita and can run like a deer while I became what? I sacrifized my strg and vita a lot to carry stuff around. I can´t get into fights, I can´t take too much damage or I will die quikly, but now I can´t carry stuff either in return? Whats that bs?

2 Likes

This is not necessary. You don’t have to sacrifice anything, you can be full encumbrance and able to fight all the fights alone, almost without a thrall too. If you want me to tell you how I build feel free to ask. However, you have to start playing waraxe if you haven’t already. Playing full encumbrance without waraxe skills is a great risk.

2 Likes

Ofcurce there are ways to play without full encumbrance, your risk however is great. Actually I start to have cold fever about it when I heard about the rhino mount. I was expecting about a year now to see sadles with extra capacity, but finally rhino mounts was the way. Bearers now will be back in the game and since you play on pc, please spawn a named bearer and lvl up him fast, something is telling me that they make changes on bearers too. I believe that they must be stronger now. Please check, I am very curious.

Look at it this way. If all you can carry is 500 stone at a time like you say. Then people can’t spam buildings anymore.

I know plenty of people on pvp servers who never ever farmed with enc spec. Yes you have to go home and dump stuff some more, but it’s way safer to be ready to fight and bring a bearer.

And tbh you don’t even need enc spec or a bearer to farm all the brim.

Yes, you are right, bearers can do the job or a rhino either. Since rhino’s now are mounts, you can always go for farming with a thrall and a mount and you can carry a lot and go back. The problem is the safety of your cargo is now low. I do understand that pvp players, most of them do not give a f… K about full encumbrance and I respect it. There are other 2 categories now that will be disappointed but will fast adjust to the new reality of the game. To be honest I play this game 80% full encumbrance so I have to adjust to the new reality too.
I will close saying that this change will take me 2 years back that bearers were my best friends :joy::joy::joy:. I play in the past this way so I ain’t gonna have a huge problem about that. But some players start and learn this game with full encumbrance, we cannot blame them if they are going to be disappointed about it :wink:.
For me, the way I experienced pvp, full encumbrance created serious problems, a player in most of the great clans was always there to rebuild the damages that trebuchets were doing, so trebuchet attack was useless, or a player from the attaking team was looting everything and run, this change will bring massive change to pvp and if it comes with hack stop then a new day is rising in this game and the sacrifice is accepted :wink:.

1 Like

Obviously.

Hence my comment should be taken as a joke.

Yeah I also used enc spec a lot… I use whatever tricks are allowed by the game, but I still think it was stupid you could go farming nonstop for 8 hours.

1 Like

Followers now get stuck everywhere and don’t teleport back to you. They are useless now.
Worst update ever

2 Likes

Farming for pvp sometimes is worse than a job, I can understand the adrenaline rush pvp gives, still the last 8 months I play pve only, relaxed, in several servers helping others to learn the game and it makes me very happy my friend. It is funny that you witness the the agony on a player that lost a simple heavy encumbrance armor, some iron weapons and loot :joy::joy::joy:. Still, when I started the game and I lost my first bearer I wanted to quit :wink:, so I understand their agony and like an admin I give them back what they lost. Their happiness is mine too, that’s how I spend my time in official pve servers and I really enjoy it. Nice to talk to you m8 :+1:.

1 Like