@dorizzdt and @Wikkyd Your comments in another thread about how PvP right now is basically just nomadic zerg clans wiping servers in a few days got me thinking about this, so I’m curious about your opinion in particular.
Would it change raiding for the better if the existing system were changed so that:
- By default, buildings are immune to damage from other clans and players at all times.
- To initiate a raid, the raiding player or clan has to “declare” a raid against a target player or clan.
- This declaration is to the game system, so it’s not something that the targeted player or clan is aware of.
- While the declaration is in effect, the targeted clan or player loses the immunity to building damage from the declaring clan or player and (like in a purge) cannot build.
- The raid declaration lasts for a very limited amount of time, say around 30 minutes.
- Once the declaration ends, it cannot be initiated again against that clan or player until some cooldown period has elapsed.
- The declaring clan or player can declare raids against any other clan or player during the cooldown period.
- The targeted clan or player retains the ability to declare a raid against the player or clan that targeted them.
Do you think a change like this would improve raiding for the better and address the issue you were both eluding to?