Would you, 10K block limit

Ya, I know what it means.

No it’s almost all you.

No, you don’t. If what you quoted there was my whole answer to you, it would’ve been a mix of slippery slope and straw man.

Instead, it was a small part of my answer and its purpose was in the context that you omitted:

The remaining 7/8 of my post were arguments that you specifically asked for and then ignored in favor of dismissing that 1/8 :wink:

Really?

But do go on how it’s just me because I’m the only one who has the patience and the spare time to continue your charade :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Obviously on an official server.

How is replying to your direct statement (as it was quoted) considered a tangent argument? You said to give you an example, I did.

Why? Because I already addressed that, as I explained if it is too big, report it!

Again your problem stems from WHERE people build, evidenced by your complaint that where they chose to build is blocking resource nodes or mobs or paths. If they chose to build a mega-base off the beaten path and didn’t block anything, you wouldn’t be complaining. Duh.

2 Likes

Do I really need to explain the difference?

Lord I need a blessed star metal hammer :man_facepalming:

Let’s see…

Call a spade a spade.

Why, would a hammer help you admit you’re wrong?

4 Likes

Wow, I think I found your specialty, taking things out of context LMFAO

Yes, it’s all definitely out of context. I wonder how anyone could even think you created a thread to propose implementing a 10k block limit in the game. :roll_eyes:

3 Likes

Yes, I wonder how any one with any sort or reading comprehension could think that, yet you did.

10K building blocks (excluding placeables), sounds reasonable amount for a player.
Not sure what was the thought for a clan though. Assuming something scaling like the followers.

Note, something like this would take time to program. For example, followers took a while then over a year of putting it in place / with official server extra programming - soft / hard caps. Even if they program it to work, it will take internal and external discussions about what is a good limit. This will not happen overnight and they do not want to program something that can go horribly wrong… wipes the properties.

1 Like

Do you know what kills the game? And causes many to leave and never come back

1 Like

I was thinking 5K per clan member. Say your the builder for a clan of 5, you’d have say 25K blocks.

This thread was supposed to establish a block count players found agreeable.

Do I see funcom changing anything? Not with out Tencet’s approval.

If some one leaves because they were held accountable for a TOS violation, bye, have fun on your private server.

There you go that’s the spirit of this forum! Although I doubt anyone under that criteria would go out of their way to pay for a private sever let alone have a random person play admin over them.

For the Steam PC players, based on someone post on stats, most players are either on private or single player.
No idea on consoles since never heard of their stats.

People leave for various reasons.
Many PvPers might have left due to exploits in the past / present such undermesh issues. Granted, exploits been an issue for many PvP games dating back to Dark Age of Camelot. They vary in degree on how bad they are. Or they disliked the combat system (horse combat).

I know one who disliked the direction of Sorcery and left the game.
Shrug others get bored like anything else the game has been around for 4 years now. I still play ESO for 8 years but pretty much bored with it, waiting for the new MMORPG to arrive.
Or some dislike dealing with toxic players on their server and ruined their gaming experience. Luckily never had that experience but did have that experience a bunch of times in Everquest 1.

No idea, people leave for various reasons. Some did leave due to suspensions/bans based on posts on the forums.

1 Like

No, but the reason is not Tencent (why would they care about building limits anyway? that’s a bit of a stretch no? do you think they also inspect the toilet paper at the Oslo office?).
The reason they won’t change anything is because they have plenty of REAL work atm that actually serves a purpose, they’re not bored enough yet to waste developer hours on programming a “not a solution” to any problems.

2 Likes

Yes I think You should chill out and think rationally. People may have different point of view / opinion and i also think limit could work IF DONE WELL and it could be good for new players as well (less spam, less reporting)

We can’t deny that there’s problem, it exist. Building abusement / spaming, reporting system to get rid of enemy and many more.

1 Like

That isn’t a forum spirit, that is a law abiding citizen spirit. Seems civility and consideration go out the door when people go online and think they are anonymous. Then they get all bent out of shape when they realize they still have to live by rules and regulations.

I think it says a lot when civility and considerations has to be forced on people.

You do know any computer can be a free private server, right? You are effectively playing on a private server when you play single player.

There for a long time my server population; official PVE, got high enough I couldn’t play in the afternoons or evenings. Lag, rubber banding, teleporting enemies, non-compliant thralls. Same issues everyone has on a crowded server; although I don’t see how 25 on a server with a 40 cap can be considered crowded. well either funcom or gportal has fixed the issues. I have no problems playing in the afternoons or evenings now… 14 peopel have left the server.

Would not surprise me. It is Tencent, if they are paying for it they have an office budget and are counting the cost of every sheet of TP.

What real work? I assume they are working on bugs and QoAs, but me assuming everyone is actually doing their job has led to disappointment quite often. The front of my head says they are working, the back of my head says they are out side playing soccer before the snow gets deeper. :wink:

1 Like

Okay fair enough! Well… idk… let’s ask their “spokesperson”, maybe they’re not doing anything either atm :smiley:
Hi @Ignasi Do the developers actually have real work or are they outside atm playing soccer? @DeaconElie was just wondering over here.

3 Likes

I feel for any game community manager; player dev interlace. I find it hard to deal civilly with a few posters in just this thread. I know I can’t do it a a job.

Do you think they’re also playing “soccer”? :smiley: Maybe they’re the goalies for the dev teams.

2 Likes