Would you, 10K block limit

And If I asked if you’d play on a server with a blue sky you’d be the guy to come on and say it wouldn’t solve the server issues and needs to be green :sweat_smile:

Once again, this is not one of those threads, it was a simple question but rather than answer it, you just wanted an argument. And now you are doing it with more people to keep the argument going.

At this point I think that would be stepping in to the snakeless pit; because we can’t have snakes :rage:

I’d bet the majority of players would never notice a 10K limit.

So your answer is no you wouldn’t play on a server with a 10k limit. So would you rant about it in the forum, go to a private server, or quit the game?

Yes, you have made you opinion abundantly clear. You wouldn’t play on an official server with a block limit. And no block limit is acceptable, we get it.

So you haven’t actually read the thread?

I’ll take that as a “yes” then. But why argue with almost everyone if your intent was really to “establish a block count players found agreeable”? I don’t get it. Unless… you’re not actually interested in that at all and are just here for some other reason? It’s not like there aren’t a whole bunch of people who like to troll and just really enjoy bickering - hmmm, yeah that seems to fit here - but I’ll make no assumptions… You do you and we’ll watch.

1 Like

:rofl: The majority of posters didn’t have an issue with it or thought 10K was generous.

I wouldn’t be phased by it but it wouldn’t solve the reason you want it as detailed in the original post.

Do you have a reason why it would work to solve the blocking and spamming aspects that you detailed as the reason why a block limit is needed? I have seen 12 blocks used to cripple building attempts in prime real estate so if blocking is your issue with megabuilds, then any limit won’t help and direct communication/correction of the offender is the only way to fix it.

Now if you are just saying you are tired of seeing the gawd awful crap put out there saying it’s a base…yeah I agree but at the same time, I think many find my builds as junk as well and there is no line in the sand for ugly building size. I’ve seen some wacked out stuff with less than 500.

So if it won’t solve your reasons to have a limit, why continue to fight for it? Is it just defensive posturing because you are getting challenged?

This is where I am at in the conversation…it’s not going to fix your root issue yet you cling to the idea…why?

3 Likes

Those were just examples of why funcom might set the limit. The blocking by megabuilds is just collateral damage.
I did respond to some one in this thread that paths need to be considered no build zone POIs and the present POIs need extended no build zone; look at sinners on any PVE for proof of that :smile:

Show me any place where I actually fought for a limit. I’m not clinging to any root issue, I never said it would solve any issues, I’m well aware it wont. It was a simple question that people wanted to blow up in to an argument over perceived inferences.

ya, that is really all there was to the OP. Where we are now is where some one drug it to.

Your original question was led by statements.

You didn’t ask “if Funcom were to implement build limits what would you think is a fair number”? But prefaced it with presuppositions.

Yes, Funcom will do something but they won’t implement a build limit for all the reasons listed here and beyond.

Your focus should be on some of the other suggestions because they address a multitude of issues that culminate in the whole.

To actually answer though: idgaf what it is but in sharing servers with the community at large I understand and realize a build limit will negatively affect others and will not address the problems you and others outlined so to me it is moot what a building limit could be.

2 Likes

Thank you.

Yes it did, when it is turned low enough.

One of the more populated servers has a 2 + 1 thrall limit. That’s obvious too low for a purge enabled server, but required for the server to in question to be playable otherwise.

I currently play on one that is 8 + 5, but that’s not a 80/80(25) server during primetime.

An opinion is “I like color blue”. That’s something that can’t be right or wrong. As soon as you start discussing why blue is better than green, you’re starting an argument, and an argument can be wrong – e.g. by being internally inconsistent or fallacious – even if it’s about an opinion. Case in point:

Thats not same thing, that’s more subjective topic - not stricte objective thing like colors being colors.
You think it wouldn’t work but i think it would, it could work similar way to v-rising. It wouldn’t screw ‘responsible builders’ if limit would be appropriate. For example if limit would be 5 mil blocks (official servers only) would it hurt ‘reasonable builders’ playstyle? I think not, otherwise they would be hurting server performance if they go past limit - i know that 5m limit won’t fix anything but that’s an example it could work if DONE WELL - saying “no it just can’t” is just childish, like little child stomping on ground and saying it won’t work and that’s it.

I think you’re mixing up subjective and objective. I can’t think of anything more subjective than personal preference for colors.

If you mean 5,000,000 blocks, then the answer is it wouldn’t hurt anyone’s playstyle, because it would be completely pointless.

How is it done well if it doesn’t fix anything?

Except I didn’t say “no it just can’t”. I actually gave several reasons why it doesn’t help. You’ll have to excuse me if I didn’t regurgitate yet again all the arguments, in excruciating detail, about why exactly it won’t solve any of the underlying problems, but I get tired of repeating the same things across different threads when the onus is on you to back your claim.

If anyone is childishly asserting their position, it’s the pro-limit people, because I’ve yet to see someone explain exactly how it would actually solve any of the underlying problems – such as resource blocking or server performance – much less explain how it would solve them without crippling other people’s playstyles.

1 Like

But in this thread it was off topic, you grabbed this thread by the short hairs and drug it in the drirection you wanted it to go with your first post.

No one has said it would solve those issues because we know it wouldn’t we just don’t feel the need to go on about it ad nauseam.

This was never about solving those issues, how many times do you have to be told that before it seeps in?

I feel like you’re trying to take a dig at me but it’s so bad it’s laughable. I would do none of the above because there is no such limit. Yet here you are whining on the forums about others peoples builds when you could go to a private server and live your best life. Entitled gamer much? Play and let play.

You do get I can dump your advice back in your own lap. In fact I did say if you want to build Rome do it on a private server, one you don’t share with 30 other players.

I didn’t know common courtesy and considerations by my fellow players was some sort of entitlement. Thought that was how nice folk played.

And you didn’t answer my question if funcom set a 10K block limit on official servers would you rant about it in the forum, go to a private server, or quit the game?

I don’t think so. Not sure what “2+1” means in this context but three thralls and yourself (plus a horse) is enough to defeat any purge! You might (maybe) get a little building damage but probably not more than 10% off a few blocks - given it’s T3 and built with purges in mind. But yeah, if you know how to play, are properly geared for a purge, and are ready for it you, three thralls and a horse can defeat any purge! You probably won’t capture any unless you wanna sacrifice parts of your base but…

Leaving aside the very logical question of why you’re even discussing something that doesn’t solve any real issues, I’d like to point out that someone did, indeed, say that the limit could “work if done well”. And that someone is the person I was replying to. It wasn’t you, by the way.

Several people have already told you that the way you made the thread is the reason why people – not just me – assumed you were asking for the limits to be implemented in the base game and on official servers. How many times do you have to be told that before it seeps in?

Besides, like I said, I’m replying to @Wielder here, not you. It’s @Wielder who asserted that the limits will help and it’s @Wielder who claimed I was childishly saying “no it just can’t”.

1 Like

Would you, 10k block limit… what does that even mean? I’ve been banned with 3k and not blocking a poi… so I’m confused at this thread in general. Block limit is pointless without some sort of flag systems. Like you get 1 building flag that you can make a base with that has a certain radios around it. A couple flags for wheels etc it’s just an idea but with a block limit nothing stops someone from just putting their blocks all over the map.

Not to mention it’s all pointless to talk about if there is 0 feedback from the company and what their ideal scenario is.

1 Like

Come’on admit it, you’re a big childish lug! Thinking critically in a storm of emotion, using reason in the face of seemingly nonsensical proposals, being open to and responding to real questions… The evidence is in - the verdict has passed! :smiley:

I think it’s one of the three things I offered solutions to above:

Yup! A 5k block limit builds one of those bridges everyone loves to hate but doesn’t hate to use, around 2,000 blocks (about 5 kilometers) long. LOL

How could I make that more clear? Please explain to me so I can make sure EVERONE; including you, gets it next time?

@DeaconElie There’s almost no difference between a normal official sever and a 10k block limit server. You’ll get banned on both just as easily because people aren’t getting banned for big bases. They are getting banned for all the unknown reasons that aren’t specified in the rules. If you read through the rules you’ll stumble across some very very vague wording.

If it were up to me I’d bring in new servers with no admin intervention other than cheats and exploits. Make all the ares that shouldn’t be built on into no build zones and just leave it be. I think many would be surprised how populated they would become. Obviously that’s not going to happen.

1 Like