WRITING CONTEST: #FanArtSWL - Agent & Season 2 - WINNERS ANNOUNCED

In celebration of the newly released Agent Network and South African expansion we are hosting the second part of the #FanArtSWL contest.

This time around your mission is very simple. We are looking for submissions exclusively inspired by the Agent Network in connection with Season 2.

You need to create a piece of writing that sees one of your agents ‘somehow’ end up in the newly announced zone. How they get there is entirely up to you. Will your Agent’s mission result in an outstanding find or will they meet the fate of the Secret World red shirts? We can’t wait to find out!

RULES:

• Your story must tie in with the Agent Network and Season 2 zone (South Africa and/or the next zone).
  • Maximum 750 words allowed (+/- 10% accepted as well).
  • Entry to be submitted in Word format.
  • Each submission has to contain your in game character name and story title.
  • Only one submission per account is allowed.

To enter, you need to submit your entry to us via email:
Email it to beyondtsw@gmail.com

The contest starts: Thursday, April 27th

The contest ends: Wednesday, May 27th @ midnight EST

Once the contest ends, the judges comprising of Beyond the Veil podcast staff will then vote on the submitted entries.

PRIZES
1st place: Shiny Special Agent - Carter, Beyond the Veil in game shirt, Usagi mask
2nd place: Shiny Special Agent - Nassir, Beyond the Veil in game shirt, signet of Neophyte
3rd place: Signet of Neophyte, signet of Laceration, Beyond the Veil in game shirt

The winners will be announced on the podcast scheduled for June 3r, 2018.

By entering this contest, you certify that the work submitted is your own original creation and does not infringe on any 3rd party rights.

Entrants retain ownership of their creation, but grant permission for their work to be published/displayed (with credit) on Beyond the Veil’s official website, Twitch channel and social media.

If you have any questions or need clarification on any of the above, feel free to ask :slight_smile:

10 Likes

What does this mean? Only .doc/.docx?

If that is the case: For people who don’t own a copy of Microsoft Word, remember that you can write in Google Docs and use File → Download as → Microsoft Word (.docx) so you are able to comply to the rules.

3 Likes

OpenOffice/LibreOffice should also have the ability to save word documents^^

1 Like

Updated the rules to include ‘accepting +/- 10% words’. We won’t be penalizing people for going slightly over :slight_smile:

If you’ve submitted your story already, feel free to adjust should you wish so :slight_smile:

1 Like

Updated the original post with some of the prizes we will be giving out.

1 Like

Oh thank god, i was reading through what i wrote and there was simply NOTHING i could cut out from it
or make sense like yoda in finish end :confused:

2 Likes

Don’t forget this contest will end on May 27th.

Still some time to think of a story and submit :wink:

3 Likes

A little just over a day to enter your submission for our writing contest!

Don’t delay - send it in today :smiley:

2 Likes

Why the hell did I think it was 28th…oh my…gotta step up my game.

A little under 6 hours to submit before deadline, all!

Our #FanArtSWL writing contest has concluded.

Thank you to all who have submitted their entries!

We have had to postpone the May 31st podcast due to RL commitments, so the announcements of the winners will take place the week after, on June 7th. See you then <3

4 Likes

Can we get a reading of some of your favorite entries?
Every BtV staff member present picks one XD
Or kidnap Andy and let him read it…or Joshua.

2 Likes

We’ll definitely see what we can do about that.

Watch this space… :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Ugh! I forgot to submit something. I blame SuperJenius for getting me all excited about Untold Stories of the Secret World again. :wink:

Awww, maybe next time :slight_smile:

1 Like

Aww sorry you missed it.
Also, thanks for the feedback, will post it in general as well next time we have one. :slight_smile:

Just an update, it’s June 3rd and no - results aren’t going out today. Judges are still judging, please be patient with them. Most likely will see results on June 7th.

3 Likes

Over here Judging

O_o

4 Likes

Today, we find out who the winners of our #FanArtSWL writing contest are.

Join our crew tonight to hear more about the contest winners and other #SWL news.

7pm EDT - https://www.twitch.tv/holosuitemedia

3 Likes

WINNERS HAVE BEEN ANNOUNCED!

1st place - Small-Calibre for Hairball
2nd place - Jbento for Surveillance
3rd place - Insein for Day of the Dawn’s Harvest

Thank you to all who participated in this event.
Your entries were absolutely amazing <3

PLEASE NOTE:

1. Winners will need to confirm their in game character name to which their prize will be delivered.
  2. Agent prizes & Beyond’s in game shirts will be delivered directly by Funcom.
  3. Usagi mask and signet prizes will be delivered by our podcast. Please contact Antida in game.

If you’d like to listen in to the episode with the reveal of the winners, check out this Twitch video.

4 Likes