XBOX Update 2.3 (15.04.2021) - Major Update! Balancing, Fixes, Stability, Performance, and more!

Played for a while and it seemed pretty stable on standard XB1, but some textures a little slow to load. It’s nice to see the game working again.

I will admit that I kinda had my enthusiasm killed quickly though. Back when the patch came out that broke the game, I had just bought the DLC and started a new game. I had a nice starter base that served its purpose, and had moved on and was building a new main base when I finally couldn’t take all the crashing and gave up.

I was excited to get back to finish it, but now I find out all of my planning for space and laying things out and building now has to be completely redone because we have a bunch of new workbenches and bigger things to build that don’t fit in my new base.

I don’t understand why Funcom seems to hate players who want a nice compact base, everything they add takes up more and more space, from the absurdly huge animal pens, oversized stupid “stable” that is just a big platform for some hay to sit on, bunch of workbenches before already and now even more and bigger workbenches.

There’s no balance to play styles in this game, as you basically just play a heavy armor guy with 50 thralls to protect your huge base. It really hurts the title from an RP perspective that playing a somewhat solitary, low-key style with a small base and a pet wolf or whatever just isn’t viable.

I wish I never bought the DLC as it looks like my time has likely come to an end on the game as I feel too restricted and weighed down. The base game itself I got my money’s worth though. The game has so much awesome stuff and is such a great base to build from, but it has really been let down by QC and the weird vision the devs seem have for the game that seem more interested in restricting our options, whether it be through questionable balancing decisions or arbitrary design choices.

2 Likes