You don't like veterans?

yes and you will be able to defend your base on both at same time ?

Not really a problem for me as our server will decide when/if to switch between maps and databases.

So, watching the stream, I am SO getting this expansion!

1 Like

Yeah saw it in the stream.Start from scratch.

The good thing is that modders will be able to make their own maps now.

Probably if any of any DLC content is used to make a new map you will probably have to buy the DLC first to be able to play in the custom map.

They did it very well i didnt expect this.Im just gonna wait and see what the future brings in a couple of months when the first AOC or EEWA map comes out.

3 Likes

Agreed! Amazing feature!

1 Like

yes and all those who play on officials, no problem ?

nope saw the stream just.you start from scratch with nothing and you have to log from the old world and log back in to the new one.They are basically selling a king of the hill concept.

Not as I see it.
Playing on Officials is a choice.

If you choose go do something else, whether Siptah or another game entirely, you risk coming back to nothing.

1 Like

Its good the modders will make their own custom maps in a few months and then its free to play for everyone again.i just hope they dont screw us with the dlc content beeing used so you cant play on specific custom map without having the dlc.

yes but they could have done the choice to simply do an extension map on the same game, server, the core game is exactly the same, there is major re ut of assets (mesh of modelling for both characters & sets)

No, they couldn’t have. The engine can’t handle it.

1 Like

No effort is lost… U know know what to do, how to fight, how ur new build needs to be… What resources u may gather and seeking recipes around… So time is not wasted…

I am personally not overexcited to check the new map…but i like the workaround of letting me keep my old character and acomplisments AND be able to play the new map… On same server!!! (Some big ■■■ titles just wipe and pooof character with some k’s of hours just gone… )…
Fc figured it out greatly… So the way they got their expansion is great, only thing i would love to see is some armour bonus for preorders (like the furry barbarian skirt Conan wears,… All we have to do is wait, check the opinions of friends, seek the advice of the streamers and then decide…

2 Likes

hum not sure about it, i still see base build outside of greenwall wihout problem…but i hope you are right. pissed of for moment with new raid sytem rule. if i had not played atlas but conan, there was a reason.

the server i play on now and have over 3,7k hours will not be just vanished cause an FC department decided to close some servers and do not care… they will give me the right to upkeep what i built and accomplished so far in the server i play now… so win win as a situation… at least from my point of view… i will have the right to choose :wink:

1 Like

I think you misunderstood. You will not be able to run both at the same time. Therefore, you will not need to defend on both at the same time. Servers will run one map or the other with the ability for the server admins to choose which they will run.

I mean, @azaroth’s not wrong when it comes to official servers. If you have a character on an official PVP server running the base game and another character on an official PVP server running Siptah, you now have two bases to defend on two different servers in the same time window.

But that’s just up to each player to coordinate. If you’re not in a clan, you gotta make up your mind which base you want to keep. If you’re in a clan, coordinate the same way you do when you have other scheduling conflicts.

1 Like

yes problem is mainly for solo player or little clan on official, all modification done are in favor of large clan (including the new rule of raid).

I mean, playing on two different servers would require that regardless of whether or not they’re running the same map or DLC. I think that’s what he misunderstands. Nothing changes in that regard.

3 Likes

Ark’s “teleport” is a loading screen while they switch to the other maps (servers) database. It is never running them both at the same time.

2 Likes

a simple option in server settings that would alow a admin to allow or block resource tranfer was too easy.

Well, as mentioned many times, doing so with the current map is not possible due to the engine limitations. And honestly, I think it is better. The three year old database on my server takes nearly 20 minutes to boot up due to all of the entries/errors contained within in it. Would you want to wait at a loading screen for 20+ minutes while you wait for the switch to happen? I don’t think anyone would.