ZoneUE4 Crash - can't open the game

These are the only ms visual c++ files i can choose to uninstall:

I guess they are the only ones I have installed …(?)

I tested removing the ones from 2010 , and restarted and now it works.
No idea what other program might protest further on due to this but for now i’ll just enjoy the game :smiley:

OH FFS now that I restarted the game after having shut it down to write here…it wont start again lol.

Guess more testing is needed.

And after having restarted my pc it works again.
Exactly what i did was restart-> crash, ->right click steam and chose exit -> restart game and it worked.

Have now tried several pc restarts and the game works a few time in a row if i first ensure to exit steam. …are they fighting for the .dll?

…and there it stopped working again. Or well it wont start.

…and now i restarted pc and tested starting with the steam window open in the background. And the game works. Weird.

Now, If I uninstall all the Microsoft Visual C++ versions (from 2005 to 2017) will the game work?
Or does It need at least one of them to work?

Intel Core i7-6700k, 16GB RAM, GTX 1080, Windows 10 Home 64-bit (build 17134).

Freeze/hang on intro cut-scene after starting a new game which then showed the Unreal process crash message after 10 to 15 seconds each time. On the 6th attempt the cut-scene played correctly and I could get into the actual game - no re-boot, no closing background apps, no registry editing, etc, just browsing the internet and reading this forum looking for a solution, (so no idea what the cause is, as nothing changed to explain why it crashed 5 times in a row then worked on the 6th attempt).

So sad that nobody can find a solution for that…
In order to avoid wasting my money I’m going to have to ask steam for a refund.
I’m very sorry because I’ve been waiting for this game for a long time!

Im suddenly having this issue as well.

The game worked fine when i bought it before launch, but now it wont start.
I will try various things, and update if i should come across something that fixes it permanently…

EDIT: Just wanted to update and say that the issue has vanished on its own. I have not (un)installed any applications/updates, nor have i rebooted my computer. I tried to start the game a few more times yesteday after posting this reply initially, and it suddenly worked.
I have started the game about 5 more times after that, and it has worked every time.

No idea whats causing this bug to appear, seemingly at random…

I have the same problem.

Hi Guys, can you provide DX diags to me? We are looking into this issue right now.

mail to mark@thebeardedladiesconsulting.com with the forum post title as the subject.
Thanks!

/Mark

Think we have the fix, coming in a patch today or tomorrow latest.

@Beh3moth_x I updated game today and I have problem :frowning:
Przechwytywanie

Did you click the link below, this looks like a Denuvo issue.
A support code is generated if you click the link.

O No I have this message and I want to play in Mutant but I have to wait :frowning:
“Currently your game purchase cannot be re-validated successfully, please wait 24 hours and try again.”