Are people using purges to raid bases?

Since someone flagged my post below as inappropriate for some reason in the bug area, i thought I’d repost it here:

I know at least 4 players that say they were purged when offline on a pvec server. That means somebody has figured out how to exploit the purge system. I know at least one person said he lost everything. Anyone else experience this exploit yet?

2 Likes

Been going on since about fall.

We don’t care who. We know it can be done. Some of this looks old… maybe UE4 stuff.

Was a thing even before purge revamp.

1 Like

Hmm… only just saw it start happening on our official server last month. Does anyone know how to defend against it yet or are we all just at risk of getting wiped?

Yes, if you could get it to trigger.

But now you can start it with a button :confused:

I’d suggest building pillar type bases or no purge zones.

I hate pillar bases :slight_smile:

Ya… At least if it is up on a pillar, permastructure or mountain, it would be harder to exploit the purge though.

There’s several places on EL that the purge won’t trigger either but they tend to be inhospitable or difficult to traverse.

Interesting how when I reported about this happening to me that thread went

They purge your base, your chests get destroyed and drop a loot bag, that they then run in and grab it. With what is going on on PVP the official servers may actually be deserted by the end of summer; if it takes that long.

I set up better defenses on my undefended side and haven’t had it happen again. But server chatter says 2 others have gotten hit since me.

Yea sounds like it took longer to get to pvec so i can only imagine how pvp must be. That is already grindy and time consuming to remain competitive let alone adding in a purge exploit on top of it all.

No purge zone don’t exist anymore. Also, the pillar trick was patched somewhere during age of sorcery. Also, before you had convergence trap that acted as a purge on command trigger :P.

There’s plenty of spots the purge can’t plunk down anything. I’m not talking about the old purge.

I made some purges in 26/may/2024 and I didn’t have problems with that.

any base on the ground can be targeted. Water is not 100% safe anymore, it will increase the dificult a bit but they still can do. High rocks, is more safe, but after meteor shower it can be targeted too. All it could be solved not letting purge damage pieces that is not owned by who triggered it. The same for zaths orb exploit the spider should not aggro on your own ilusion, and thralls should not aggro to ilusion on pve.

we cant forget the explovise golems that will attack anything on their way, including other players base. Seens like the designer dont know any trickery, as we say in my country “malandragem ou malícia”. Those exploits are ridiculous easy do to. You cant trust people, if there is a breach someone will explore. As an IT worker you need to think that if there is possibility os things gone wrong they will.