Buffs / Nerfs for Nerf Modes Only

I am speaking of officials

I’ve never played anything but official pvp

What will you hit. First tactic is to troll you. Constant Sandstone in front of all your bases. Stone picks are easy to make. And i am sure you have closet enemies that would give me 20 bombs to put my name on your logs ( i would do it for free, punch the big boys is what i like to do). And oh yeah, sometimes i will log in, rubber band movement, and watch netflix. All the while you will be trying to find me. Who really wins there?

As for bullying, yeah the fact you immediately hide behind numbers tell me enough that I would not ally with you. I ain’t got time to support another person constantly. If you can’t run solo, you are useless in a clan.

6 Likes

Maybe it’s a culture thing, man. I came to PC from the PS4, which is a lot more mayhem than PC. But this Xbox attitude is almost off the hook.

@dniezby: a ton of us were here prior to climbing, prior to new combat, prior to Frozen North. We know what good PvP is, and what it means to a long-lasting community. Many of us wish to return to that, and the solo is the lifeblood of that movement. We are everywhere. What’re you going to hit? My dumb waterfall base? A stupid-looking thrall box? Those are put there to draw your fire, so that if your posse of men is ill-advised enough to hit me I’ll drop nukes on your own barbie palace. Clans stand out and weaponize enmity. Solos keep the blood pumping.

4 Likes

I realize other people have replied to this already, but I figured I should probably do it myself lol

If you think solo/co-op is harder than PvP because you’re alone, then try doing the exact same thing you would do in solo/co-op, but on a PvP server instead. PvP servers may have slightly increased harvest rates, but this doesn’t impact survivability at all. It simply reduces how much time you need to spend grinding.

As said by multiple people in this thread so far, solo players are actually the scariest kind of player for massive alpha clans. A good solo player is near impossible to wipe, and the only counter is to watch every youtube video for hidden bases, scour the landscape for tiny structures, and listen for blacksmith hammers. It’s wayyyy less stressful knowing exactly where a clan’s base is, rather than knowing you can’t retaliate until you find it.

I actually just wiped a clan that survived for a week longer than they should have because they started to use solo player tactics after my clan demolished their main base. Think this story will be a good example of the potential power of a solo player- and these guys weren’t even that good at solo player tactics, plus they were actually multiple people. But solo player tactics increase survivability greatly even if executed poorly.

I took a break for about 3 weeks recently, and over that time, my alliance wiped the leader clan of the alliance we were at war with. So the remainder of the enemy alliance quit, and everybody in my alliance left to another server or quit. Our server had pretty much died over the course of the war, because everybody got caught in the crossfire.

So I hopped back on a week or two ago, and to my amazement, I saw 6 members of one of those neutral clans we raided, all still playing. I’ll just call them Clan B. My clanmates had decided not to despawn our loot in anticipation of the warmaker’s update, but I’m still the only one who has been online. Clan B had a grudge against my clan, and had tried offline raiding our base along with multiple other clans. Luckily for me, they never got inside the main base, and ended up just blowing up my thrall wheel building and central tower before quitting.

So I’m basically a solo player now- but I teamed up with the remainder of the enemy alliance that my clan used to be at war with. It’s like two or three guys, and only one is really active. But we both had something against Clan B, because apparently they killed his favorite elephant. Anyways, after Clan B failed a double god offline raid on my now rebuilt base, my ally and I decided to start hitting them. Clan B had 3 bases of which we knew, and over the course of three or four days, my ally and I wiped them all.

But to my amazement, they were all still playing. Not only that, but they were rebuilding their bases. So we knew that they had other bases.

Each time we hit one of their bases after that, they would instantly grab everything and run. Next day, they would rebuild the bases that were hit, and move some stuff back in.

As you can imagine, this was pretty frustrating for me. They weren’t that good and I could easily 1v6 them, but no matter how hard I hit them, they would move and rebuild. Eventually, one of them slipped up and sent his map to my ally after my ally killed him and told him he would give his stuff back. So we found the two bases that still hadn’t been hit and weren’t in need of rebuilding. We killed thralls at one to bait them into taking everything to the last base, and then I climbed their last base and dropped yog on top to finally wipe them.

Imagine if Clan B was actually good at PvP. Imagine if they were good enough to raid me. Imagine if it was just one person who wouldn’t ever slip up.

Solo players are scary. If Clan B hadn’t shown to me that they couldn’t break into my base even with two gods, then I probably would have been afraid of them. Most of my stuff was in one place. Theirs was all over until we herded them to one base. If Clan B can survive significantly longer using solo player tactics, then imagine what an amazing solo player using solo player tactics can do.

Sorry for writing an essay LOL, but I figured this story might help PvE players understand that solo players can thrive and survive on PvP servers too.

3 Likes

Great one.
Yeah, my small clan has a policy, if we feel we have been found, we relocate that moment. Then over build the old base to draw out sneaky enemies/traitors lol.

I have been on both sides…Alpha with enormous foot print (multiple rivals quit, but respected us so much so, they wanted their awesome main base designs to live on and merged to give us ownership. At one time we had 5 alpha main bases, and countless FOB’s. Before the event log was adjustable for distance. Could never tell what was getting hit lol.) and guerilla clan. I have way more fun as the guerilla clan. No stress of trying to protect stuff just because. You build, you blow stuff up. they take it way too serious, then you leave to play another game to refresh the want to grind.

As the alpha, we literally wiped one clan 6 times in 8 days, but because they were 16 hour a day grinders, and our clan was 4-5 hours a day tops, and slowly leaving the game. They would just re-harvest everything while we slept/went to work lol. We realized it was never going to end. No matter how many times we killed them or destroyed their bases. So we just left to troll other Alphas on other servers for blitz style game play.

As guerilla clan, we find out the base everyone is afraid to hit, harvest and see if we can take it down. If we get loot, we robin hood it before we leave.

1 Like

Explain what more there is please, because I don’t see how it’s harder playing solo in PvE vs solo in PvP

Yea, we ran into that 16 hour a day grinder type too lul. It’s literally the most annoying thing, so we just started straight up griefing them. Eventually they quit because we would patrol hotspots and sometimes camp obelisks near their base. Generally disapprove with this type of gameplay, but it’s the only way to beat people playing 6 times more than you.

1 Like

I am pretty sure it is not the PVE and PVE-C players asking for weapon nerfs, why would we? Suck it up and start slamming your fellow hard-core PVPers, they are the real nerf cryers. Spear Meta—whine whine whine, all from PVPers. Bombs too OP, whine whine whine, all from PVPers. I could give more examples but its silly really to point out the obvious.

Your point of having three (or even two) different server settings was interesting, but you always have to add in the obnoxious “silly” “Barbie houses” etc which overshadows your valid suggestions as people do not like being trivialized.

3 Likes

The original post wants us to identify our preferred playstyle and only make suggestions based on the things that take precedent in that playstyle.

It’s an orderly approach but rather restrictive and begins to divide the forum into us against them.

No thank you. I’ll make suggestions as I see fit or mindlessly wonder what if.

Funcom can make of my suggestions as they see fit or mindlessly wonder why.

3 Likes

Seems to support my assertion earlier on that solo/co-op is the game in an incomplete state, whereas PvP is the game at its fullest. And imo those offline things don’t seem like they make it HARDER. More grind? Definitely. More difficult? No. Having to wait forever isn’t necessarily harder in game, just more time wasted. Perhaps it is does make it harder IRL though, just finding the hours to do that.

Also u can just use admin mode and summon a god to do break stuff from previous playthroughs, btw. Lot quicker I’d think

Side note.

Don’t nerf gamer girl bathwater.

2 Likes

Wtf :joy:
Belle delphine is literally going to be president of the galaxy at some point so dont be making fun of her :rage::rage::face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

1 Like

Yeah, that’s exactly what I was thinking too. My only conclusion is that @dniezby is using “PvE player” to describe people who actually play PvP that he thinks would be better off playing PvE. It’s an attempt at an insult derived from a disdain for a group of players (actual PvE players) who prefer to have fun differently than he does. :roll_eyes:

Exactly. I was all ready to like his OP when I thought it was going to be advocating separate balance tables for each game mode, but then he spent half his post essentially accusing anyone who doesn’t play PvP of WrongBadFun™. Pretty sure my money has exactly the same value as a PvP player’s when Funcom pays their bills.

4 Likes

JJ, so you know, I direct 100% of my comments toward people that play PvP and have the nerve to complain it’s too difficult. The others are people that want PvP to play like PvE. And my “Barbie” houses description is because that’s what we (my friends and I) call DLC content. Cause that’s really all DLC is. You’re just dressing up your characters or changing the cosmetics of materials. Hence - Barbie clothes. We’re just playing dress-up.

But, it does prove my point that people are just waaaaay too sensitive and need to develop thicker skin (Rino Hide).

BTW, my Barbie house is built for war, not beauty…with an added touch of elegance. I mean, I do have a couple of carpets. LOL

1 Like

Hmm, it’s partially correct. I do despise players that call themselves PvP players and then suggest or complain about difficulties or ask for nerfs etc. Those are players where 99% of my frustration goes. If you don’t like the game as it is, play in a different mode. I mean, to have ANY PvP player complain about “Bombs to OP” or “Acid Arrows” or “Decay Rate” in Official servers is just moronic to me. That’s what those items are there for…To fight, destroy and dominate. They have modes where those features won’t do anything or very little at least, and they should be playing in those modes.

PvP players advocating for nerfs should be taken out back and btch slapped. They have no business playing in that server when there are two perfectly good game modes for those players.

PvE - for ME is pointless – but never have I said it was not a good idea to have them. If I cared about my bases then I would play PvEC. I’m not playing Conan to build pretty bases. I’m here to play as the game slogan states - Survive, Build, Dominate. Game modes where someone can go obnoxiously crazy lagging up the maps with over the top builds are just not for me and completely pointless in my opinion.

Thankfully, I’ve found a server where a few clans have done that in a PvP (Fools). They’ve been left unchecked on the server for far too long. They’ve built really large obnoxious bases that make the game nearly unplayable in some areas of the map. We and our alliance of clans will be changing that and eliminating the bases as soon as possible and hopefully make the server more playable for everyone.

Anyway, while people that are just too sensitive to my comments, well, I can’t help that. All I can say is toughen up bucko. I won’t sugar coat anything. You’re not playing a game of Hello Kitty. This is Conan. A violent survival game. Survival is not supposed to be easy.

1 Like

Shouldn’t you be fine with any chances they make then? Part of survival is adapting to change, and the one most adaptable to a change in environment is usually the species that dominates.

Additions or difficulties added to the game. Not a difficulty that gets cut down because other players can’t get a win.

It’s sort of like…The firefighter’s exam. Here, the Chicago Fire department used to have a physical and written test that gave them the top of the line candidates. They were smart and they have the physique to pull you from a burning building with one arm while they were hanging from one arm. Then people began to complain that minorities couldn’t pass the written test, then women couldn’t pass the physical test and so on. Now, you can have an IQ of 8 and be able to lift a happy meal and you can qualify.

WTF! Is that who you want protecting you? Is that who you want trying to figure out how to save your life? Hell no. And all of this BS cry baby shizit is because people were too wimpy and dumb to pass tests. They changed EVERYTHING to accommodate the weak and nimble and as a result the Chicago Fire Department was nerfed. (for the most part)

This should never happen. People should strive to be better, not be passable. When you complain about a new spear being OP, you become that person that demanded the test be dumbed down. When I get upset at seeing players on here ask for things like that, I get EXTREMELY disappointed. I expect players (and people in general) to aspire to be better not beg for mediocrity. I expect more from players playing this game. This is a game that demanded practice and experience to clear dungeons, obtain rare items and defeat server enemies. Now, people are asking for developers to do the job for them and YES, that upsets me.

I guess, I just expect more from “you”. So no, any changes that take away, are NEVER good changes. They’re just making things easier for those who cannot or are not willing to do what those ahead of them have already done.

1 Like

They made your tools weaker, now you have to play smarter. Seems like a difficulty one would need to adapt to.

When you have a shortage, you adjust the requirements. You make the requirements easier or you make the position more desireable. The way to make the position more desireable is to raise the pay, and there was no way that (pay raise) was happening. People less fit for the role are still better than no one in it at all.

(BTW, I am anti-nerf myself. I am just pointing out the inconsistences in your arguments. Also, acid arrows really did need to be fixed.)

(We got off topic but it does serve a good example)

Not at all. It’s not a game. You either can lift a 300lb person from a fire or you can’t. Adjusting down has, and continues to, get people killed.

As for the shortage thing, it had nothing to do with shortage. It was 100% political correctness and because of it, three friends of mine are dead. It is NEVER okay to “settle” for less. Always strive for better. If someone gets left behind, they need to catch up. You can only turn back to help so many times. That’s just a rule of life. You learn to defend yourself or you die. You learn to be healthy or you die. You make yourself better to survive, you don’t try to make the threshold lower. That just isn’t possible while retaining a positive outcome.

Still people are praying to god to give them strength and stuff. Glad god doesn’t exist otherwise he would’ve swung the nerf hammer already :stuck_out_tongue:

It’s just an equivalent to ask the developers to do something.

1 Like